Thread: Sometimes you get lucky

Sometimes you get lucky

Let me start with I usually stop drinking and have sodas long before I decide to take to the road. For many reasons the most important of which is I am too pretty to go to jail.

So tonight, I went out. Yeah I know that in and of itself is getting boring for most here. And in reality, nothing happened. A few people talked to me. A couple told me I looked nice. I have become a fixture at the bar. Call me "Norm".

The weather here has been almost summer like this week. It was about 80 today and I just HAD to get out. I put on a short black dress (about mid calf) and my heels, no stockings (I rarely wear them now) and my medium blonde wig
    (Note, I write all this down because it is expected here to tell everyone what you were wearing. It would have sufficed to just say I was dressed in a dress).

I had a 7 up and sipped it for about an hour before I left. I do enjoy watching people and listening to music so that is a nice way to end the evening. I was getting hungry and the bar was getting crowded so I decided to go home.

After navigating the crowd and stepping out the front door;almost being knocked over by two guys being tossed out the side door, I headed to my car. I had arrived early enough that I got a primo parking space, it had curbs on three sides and was on the end so no one would park in front of me. I chose it because it was the least likely place someone would put a dent in my door.

So, as I walked toward where the car was I noticed that three of Denver's finest were parked in front of me and had their spotlights shining on the driveway. I was glad that I could walk fairly well in the 4" heels but still made sure I didn't wobble, thinking they were maybe looking for people who were drunk. As I approached my car, I motioned another car that I would be leaving and they could have my spot. That is when the officer walked over to me.

"I don't think they hit you." he said.

It was then I looked in front of my car to see the tow truck operator attaching his chains to...what I THOUGHT was MY car! Wait! I was legally parked. Why are they towing me? Then I saw that it wasn't my car but a dark blue car he was hooking up and the front of the car was near the windshield. It was wrapped around a telephone pole.

"They hit the car next to you but we have talked to her already. Would you mind backing up about three feet so we can see if your car is damaged?" I walked over and looked down, expecting to see the bumper pointed off to the left but it was OK. There was about one inch of space between the driver's door and my license plate. I looked up at the officer in shock I am sure. "Pure Darwinism huh?" he asked me. I walked to my door and opened it, immediately slipping off the curb because I wasn't paying attention. I backed up and slid out again and looked at the front of the car. It appeared ok. The cop shined his flashlight over it and said I was good to go.

I shook my head and said "It would have been a long walk home in these heels otherwise."

"Have a nice rest of the night ma'am, Sometimes you get a good parking space" he told me as I climbed in and drove away. The car using the pole as a hood ornament was totaled I am sure. The Jeep who parked next to me on the grass was only slightly damaged.

I drove home in disbelief. I had always planned what I would do if a guy got too pushy, if there was a sobriety check, if I broke a heel, but I never thought that my car would be a target sitting there minding it's own business. To make thing worse I had left my cell at home so I could not have even called someone. I guess this would be the closest call I ever had while out dressed.

The Denver police were very professional and kind through all this. I think I will take a week off from dressing now. OK I was going to anyway
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-25-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Wow! Perhaps the other car had been sipping on too much anti-freeze? Probably trying to proposition your car. Fortunately, your car acted demurely and maintained her virginity. So the story played out better than most barroom scenes of a similar nature.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Wow! You are lucky! Glad your car wasn't hit! But the most important thing here is you are too darn pertty to be called Norm! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Norma would work...?

Wow. awesome luck for you !!! I found myself in pretty much the same predicament - minus the accident part. Thought I had locked my keys in my car, turned out I had just leaned on the driver's lock when I got out, all other doors were open. So now I have a little checklist before I leave home and before I get out of the car and the main thing is keys and cell phone. I also pack a little emergency bag just in case that has shoes, pants, coat, makeup remover wipes, baseball hat and a couple of other things depending on the weather.

Really glad everything turned out good for you, I am sure one of your friends at the bar would have helped you home. Love your going out stories all of the time, never boring so keep writing.

Danni

Aspiring Member
    Nice to know that the Denver police are so professional, they didn't abuse the situation to target you for one reason or another. In our area you can get targeted just for being some where at a certain time, so here they would have pulled the "I thought I smelled alcohol when you spoke" and thrown a sobriety at you. Case in point, one morning (around 2 am) I was going to work, drove down the road past a shopping center (bar located there) and on to route 1. I noticed the headlights behind me and kept driving. As I was turning into 7-11 to pick up a co-worker, he lit me up with the blues. They pulled me over because "my tires touched the yellow line once, they 'saw' me pull out of the shopping center" and wanted to know if I had been drinking. This was the first thing out of their mouth. I told them I live down that road, that they were mistaken that I came of of that shopping center (they weren't even near the entrance I would have used, they were in the KFC parking lot), I'm heading to work, and if I touched the yellow line it's because i was too busy watching the headlights in my rearview of the car tail-gating me.

So, I am glad they didn't target you randomly just for coming from a bar and that they stuck to the business at hand.

Wow what luck. I think I would have messed my panties.
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-26-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: This is a public forum there is no need for that type of language

Gold Member
    Wow Sis, that's quite an experience. Glad to hear your car wasn't damaged and the police were helpful. A bar is a good place to witness de-evolution! Stay safe.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The more time we spend as our femme selves the more it becomes natural since we add experience after experience.

So, Lorileah, it's just one more experience that makes you ever more of a natural! I'm so happy it all worked out well.

tina

This morning on closer inspection there is blood and a couple dents on the hood. Nothing major, but it looks like the driver crawled out his window onto my car.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sorry to hear that, I hope the cleanup and/or repair costs are minimal. Good to hear that the cops in Denver (though a small sample size) handled everything professionally and pleasantly!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lorileah, That was really somethingglad you got outof there ok.

The best line is "I am to pretty to go to jail" Yes you are.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

oh, THATS how you got lucky! honey, my mind just lives in the gutter LOL! glad you were ok & the car, sounds like your feminine confidence carried you thru! and those legs and heels probably got some CSI-type attention too! reminds me of the time I WAS drinking and driving (it was over 20 yrs ago!) and got pulled over on the way to a club! poop? no, I almost shitted my pretty panties dear! I KNEW I was on my way to jail dressed as a very pretty girl! I got out, gave the officer my liscense (MALE!). he went back to his car, and I was suddenly quite sober. and guess what he said when he came back? he handed me the liscense and said "have a nice night miss"! Iactually think he wanted to date me! so I got lucky too, after that I got smart, cause in hindsight I realized what a REALLY stressful and embarrassing situation that almost was! and, how effin' stupid.
    the higher the heels, the closer to heaven.

Platinum Member
    Sometimes we're separated from disaster my millimeters. Give yourself a day or two to calm down, then get back out there!