Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Aspiring Member
    Was at a conference once and Sunday it was time to go. On of the "girls" I had been hanging with showed up at my door in full boy mode and it freaked me completely out. That's when I realized wow I had gotten to know this person totally en femme.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    I'll think/refer to someone as the gender they're presenting as, besides I think there are only a handful of non TG males here anyway.
    @ Silent Partner GG, what're you trying to say..something wrong with male brain wiring?? JUST KIDDING! My SO and I have fun with that all the time.
    @ whowhatwhen..interesting hypothesis, though not the case for me. Julie shows up with a vengeance about twice a year and I embrace her fully with daylong outings..but the other 350 days she is in remission to various degrees, sometimes completely absent for 6-8 months at a time (this is where things have settled out for me after many other phases of this more in tune with what many others describe here). In my case I guess I am an average guy who happens to have ..woman?..occupying a corner of my brain, and occasionally I step in there and assume that personality with all of the outward expressions that go with it.

So my question: would there be any interest in some kind of a poll about assuming or being in "femme mode", mentally and/or clothing wise, while posting on here? I would find that data really interesting, as for me this is not only a place to find support and understanding but also a place to read about a wide range of experiences and different ways of processing CDing, how it affects us, and what place it has in various people's lives. I find this helpful in getting my head around it for myself.

If there is enough interest, I would start a poll if I knew how to do it!

Platinum Member
    Most of the time in my real life, I'm fully dressed and living as a woman. I relate to the other members as women...I don't really think of myself as a male in this setting.

I view all the "ladies" posting here in this section as females. It's sort of a place like a lounge, where no matter what walk of life you have, when you come in here, it's where the girls hang out and talk about things.

Hi girls!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

This is just one of those things where you have to respect how the CD person feels. If she recognizes herself as female then so be it. If not (like myself) then think of my writings as a guy.

For the most part, yes, I think of everyone here as being a woman.
    I know that for myself I never come here as a male (be it drab or en femme). I'm always Cheryl here. Actually, I'm always Cheryl, just most of the time others can't see that.
    After all, we are discussing things that are feminine in nature, clothing, deportment, makeup, etc.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    In response to the MTF crossdressers I do see them as girls since the board is set up that way. If I saw them as men here I wouldn't call them pretty or compliment them. So girl mode and thinking for me when I'm here.
    I'm with Marleena with this one.

Silver Member
    Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

No, I do not. But I always refer to others with their female names or pronouns as a simple act of courtesy.

Stephie

Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Yes I do...until I look at comments in the gallery, such as "omg you're hot" "you're so sexy" etc, then I see men posting, females just don't say things like that to each other.

Also don't forget the trans men, with them I see men when they are here on the site.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    To answer your questio, NO I do not see CDs as females. Some put on a good show but theres still a Man at the steering wheel.
    I kind of agree with this but with a caveat. I consider MOST of the members here to be men INCLUDING transmen*, but there are a few, some I know personally, some I know virtually, some I only know from this board, that strike me as a feminine presence and I can hardly imagine them as men. (hello April and Bree) Even Allie, who is a self professed CD (and I'm fortunate to know in person) doesn't not seem very mannish to me, even when she's in total drab. I have a hard time calling HIM anything but HER because she is a she, to me.

I must have had my fantasy development stunted at a young age because I am keenly aware that it's generally a bunch of dudes inhabiting this board. Maybe that's why the lesbian, and bi when dressed remarks hit me so weird.

*an exception must be noted for Transmen. I am in awe of them. I have met several in person and those are dudes with absolutely no doubt. I don't know why but FtM guys are the real deal, and most of the MtF girls are not. One of my closest friends is a GG who CD's and her masculine energy is off the charts, (and hot). I tell her that she is more of a man than I ever was and it's absolutely true. Transmen are spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post

Yes I do...until I look at comments in the gallery, such as "omg you're hot" "you're so sexy" etc, then I see men posting, females just don't say things like that to each other.

Also don't forget the trans men, with them I see men when they are here on the site.

'females just don't say things like that to each other.'

I thought lesbians did Sandra.

Suzy, a lesbian trapped in a mans body?
    Last edited by suzy1; 03-26-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I thought lesbians did Sandra.
    Suzy, please don't take offense but there is the constant comparison of CD's and lesbians around here as if they were somehow comparable.

Lesbians are not men in women's bodies. They are for the most part regular women who happen to love other women romantically. They think, act, and emote like their hetero sisters so when a straight woman says something about how women may "act" you can be safe in assuming that a lesbian falls into that behavior pattern as well. CD's do not speak for lesbians anymore than they speak for women.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Suzy, please don't take offense but there is the constant comparison of CD's and lesbians around here as if they were somehow comparable.

Lesbians are not men in women's bodies. They are for the most part regular women who happen to love other women romantically. They think, act, and emote like their hetero sisters so when a straight woman says something about how women may "act" you can be safe in assuming that a lesbian falls into that behavior pattern as well. CD's do not speak for lesbians anymore than they speak for women.
    No offence taken Melissa.
    My post was a bit light hearted, and typed by a rather simple minded girl… I mean lesbian…..I mean CD…..I mean………..

Suzy having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I must have had my fantasy development stunted at a young age because I am keenly aware that it's generally a bunch of dudes inhabiting this board. Maybe that's why the lesbian, and bi when dressed remarks hit me so weird.
    So, kinda like e-fantasizing and not living out the real deal type thing eh?
    I'm not sure where the other stuff fits in though, bi when dressed is at least imo a lack of self acceptance.

That cursed faceless male strikes again!
    He does have a nice body though...

I can only speak for myself but I try to think and post as I think that a lady would. There are times when certain posts have
    a definite "male" feel to them.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post

Each person's writing reveals a great deal about their personal style and attitudes, and that's far more important than how they might be presenting. Some are clearly sensitive and considerate, some of the best qualities that we often connote with female presentation but which are also important characteristics for males. Some are habitually rude, bigoted, and/or inconsiderate, and this too is independent of their presentation. Of course, most are somewhere in between. Presentation as male or female is really a non-issue in this view.
    I answered somewhat tongue-in-cheek before, although there is some truth to my feeling more masculine here than I do anywhere else. I suppose this is because I don't focus so much on clothes and appearance as many of the members here, or I don't do it in the same way.

But Marym's answer more accurately matches my deeper response to Piora's question. I don't tend to notice the avatars so much any more and I focus on the feeling I get from the posts. In some of the responses I see pure male, in others I see a more feminine energy (no matter how they identify), but for the most part I see the members here as people.
    Reine

I tend to express myself as female as much as a male can. I am not overtly girly but I do like feminine outfits.
    I reply to everyone as if they are female thinking although male humour must creep through now and then.
    My aim in life is to pass and dress discreetly as a woman, so no extreme appearances for me.
    I have enjoyed the female impersonator bit years ago as I looked good and could fool anybody as long as I did not speak.
    I had fun at parties even if I didn't drink. It was un-nerving for some of the males who wanted to hit on me and some of the girls were jealous of the fact that I looked better than they did. If I went solo I would often take home the other un-attached girls after going out on the town till late.
    My main feature was I did not drink and I was able to get sozzled girls home safely.
    There is a pointer for younger non drinkers here. How to pick up GGs when dressed.
    I still think women are the best thing since sliced bread.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This days i dont feel that dichotomy (swinging from guy to femme mode) as often as i use to. Whether dressed or not i feel am myself wen am chatting here i feel am chatting with pple that are mostly feminine and since i know how to chat with girls i just feel at home. In addition, here i can talk of all the things about what my femme side likes talking about stuff like fashion, make-up, outings ............how guys where looking at me when out dressed which i cant discuss with many-many pple i know, except here. Most of the pple here behave like girls, especially when there is a "cat-fight" yes most girls here know how to fight like teenage-girls.......lol!

Great subject, I view all members who post here as females, I don't really know why, but I always have felt that way. I guess that I think those who post are in female mode, of thought at least, when they reply or start a thread.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 03-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

@RachelRene, I can understand your feelings completely. I have always been different, and have learned that it really is a good thing. What is different is when I post here, I can just be myself and not worry about being judged for who I am.

I have the greatest respect for all who reside here, most of the time I am on the road when I am able to reply to posts. I find it hard in the world that I work in to switch to a female roll when posting. I have to carefully rembember to not act like a guy when I see some of the pictures but I always know in my heart that we all are the same. We all live several lives, some in the self made closet in fear, some have managed to step out of the closet into the home with their SO,and those I respect the most are those that have become what they were destined to be. We all can hold our heads up high for even if you post in female with male undertones or your male self need some female guidence wer are all just friends seeking friends.
    Best to all, yes I am posting in dirty jeans and a torn T shirt, but under all that I have the sweetest set of bra and panties on that I have ever owned and yes I feel HOT! Thank you very much! Sorry the guy slipped out, LOL
    Love to all! Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I am just Suzy. And don’t you forget it!
    Categorically impossible for us to do so, Suzy!

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    Great subject, I view all members who post here as females, I don't really know why, but I always have felt that way. I guess that I think those who post are in female mode, of thought at least, when they reply or start a thread.
    Yes, it is rather strange to try to get your head around, isn't it?

Here's a thought: Suppose a large number of us on here - a group of, say 40 members (consisting of both closeted and out-to-the-world girls) were able to gather in a large room, in full femme mode, how would we all behave? Well, I think that we would all be trying to sit, walk, move around and even talk, as women. We would look at each other, and we would see women. I think that's how I would react and how I would behave around other CDs......members that I "know" from this site. Now, obviously groups of us on here have got together, and perhaps those members relate to my example, and could give us their input.

But, to me, even although I'm not in physical proximity to any member here, I still feel that I'm in the "presence" of those members when I post here. And so, I envision them as female, when I reply to postings.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

The CD events that I have attended, all have been in greater Chicagoland, have been very nice, genial, with a great deal of chat, mainly politics, where/when did you start, you look nice, who is my makeup, and so forth. I have never encountered nastiness at any of these events.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ok...you sent me back through my posts to see what the pattern is:

1) I post assuming that all transgendered persons here are involved with there feminine selves. That means different things to each of us but that gets translated on the receiving side (I hope). The GGs I expect are females .

2) In some posts I speak about Tina just as I do from my male side speaking to my wife, as she does about Tina speaking to me.

3) In other posts I am speaking as Tina.

It looks like I started speaking only as Tina, but that got complicated because Tina's girlfriend is the en homme's wife. That can be a mess and it seemed important to identify the SO involved in the conversation so it was just easier to speak from my guy side about Tina. However, when I am Tina it is clear that it is Tina speaking!!!

I guess I'll have to rethink my posts here and look more carefully at who is speaking, but I'll still be speaking to the "en femme" in the crowd as transgendered and to the GGs as female! Seems about right!

I imagine personalities with the postings and responses on this forum. Female and Male would certainly clutter the room. If everyone here
    is not an original female, then certainly he is a uniquely inventive one........dana

dana is my real name...