Thread: Miss Universe - Canada

If I were a judge she would get my vote. But, that said the rules are clearly stated. Agree or not she does not have a chance of winning anything other than a settlement to quiet the whole thing.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jacqueline, That's a damn shame she was probably the best looking lady there.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

kinda sucks the rules should be ammended especially if someone looks that good.

Aspiring Member
    My wife told me about the story that appeared on Yahoo and how she thought it was so unfair, WOW! A vote from the conservative part of our society...LOL!

I read the article and kept reading the comments and they were overwhelmingly opposed to her participation. As most of the commentators stated that it was a private contest and the rules were posted, then I can understand why she was not allowed to compete. Yes, it is a double standard: in Texas girls can play football with the boys but the boys can't play on the girl's volleyball team. I guess Canada and Texas are pretty much alike.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I bet there is more to the disqualification than the media has reported. Perhaps it's the cosmetic surgeries that she may have had that are against their rules.

Congratulations to Jenna Talackova, Miss Canada 2012. You go girl! I know I will never be a beauty queen, and they took her crown from her, but this should give us all hope.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Let it slide. This is a first step. Give it a few years and the wall will come down. People just have to get used to it. I'm not saying it's right, but it will work itself out.

Friends welcome
    The Miss Universe contest is rigged.In case you have not noticed,every winner has come from Planet Earth.
    A little bit of powder and paint,
    can make me look like what I ain't

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Read the Comments on line there. Clearly a lot of trans-phobes posted. Most of whom Jenna would wrap around her finger if they met in real life!

Clearly they r discriminating against her. "Natural born women", COULD be used as a legitimate excuse to eliminate her. If they rejected ALL contestants that had SOME SURGICAL PROCEDURE or COSMETIC SURGERY done! Of course, that would leave like who left to compete? Pretty women under 16 and over 45 as contestants?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I agree that her entering the contest is a step towards accceptance for all of us and the publicity that she receives, both positive and negative, gets transgenders out of the closet so to speak. We have to remember that the contest is a sponsored event (Donald Trump) and for continued sponsorship the organizers are walking a tightrope. This actually may be a good thing for the event as it draws more public attention to it and us. I really didn't concern myself with the Miss Universe Contest - Canada Edition before now and now we are now reading and writting about it. I wonder if when they found out about her history the organizers said, " YOU'RE FIRED!"