Thread: So, do we call the opposite of the Pink Fog the Blue Funk?

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar

So, do we call the opposite of the Pink Fog the Blue Funk?

Whatever it is, I'm sure in it right now, and I think that's why I've been so damned cranky at home. Well that and the pressure of having to get a couple of major assignments done at work, with all the pressure I wanted (what was I thinking?)Got. To. Find. Janice. Time. My only recent outlet was applying lip gloss and eye shadow on a long trip home today. It was a revelation to me, though, never even thought about the fact that nobody can see or care about putting on your face when you're in a car. Luckily I wasn't stopped or in an accident.)

Yes, that blue funk can be terrible! Ugh! But it sounds like you are trying to find a few girly moments here and there, and hopefully that will help a bit. Maybe some flowers in your car? An MP3/disc with some girly music on it?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If you want to find girly time step away from the computer.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

When I'm feeling absolutely *crushed* by my job, I come home, uncork some wine, light some candles, turn up the music to drown out the background noises and just soak in a hot shower until my toes wrinkle. It does wonders for me!

Platinum Member
    Good luck with the assignments - in my experience, the best solution is to bear down till they are completed. Then the pressure dissipates and you can enjoy being yourself again!

I guess it would mostly depend on if spending time in "guy mode" is a "downer" for us or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Thanks, all. @ Tess: Wouldn't do me any good because the reasons I have little girl time would still be around. Living vicariously through the stories here makes it a little easier. @ Kate- for me, only when I get 0 girl time for a week or more at a time.
    I hadn't thought of the flowers or the music/shower, etc. You've all given me some great ideas!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Janice, I've seen a number of GGs putting on makeup or brushing their hair at stop lites or while driving! PLEASE don't do that! Park your car for cell phone calls and makeup work. You'll be safer, not get tickets, and do a BETTER JOB!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I often wear lipstick or gloss in the car. I do wear a nude shade, in case I have to stop at a light or such. Really nice after a rough day. The blue funk sucks.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Funny this thread comes up after I haven't been here in a bout a week or so. I haven't felt like dressing in a couple of weeks...so I haven't. But I have been doing a lot of handyman projects around the house, stuff I would usually hire a handyman to do. Oh well...go figure.