Thread: Austin, Tx. - cd/tg friendly make up or clothing stores?

Austin, Tx. - cd/tg friendly make up or clothing stores?

I am headed to South Texas today on business and just checking to see if any locals know of any friendly stores. Shoe store as well. I will be in a hotel for a couple of weeks by myself and will have some real time to work on my make up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...in heels.

Kristyn
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Austin is a great place to CD. I live near there and go shopping while en femme often.
    I just go to regular stores do I don't know any places that mainly serve CD's.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Kristyn, any MAC store is always friendly. I got my foundation matched there and I was in full drab, bald head and all. The SA was great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Designer Exchange

Just yesterday I bought the attached gown there!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Design...540567?sk=info

I was in boy mode at lunch and walked up to the counter with it in my hands.
    "Umm, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but can I try this on?" I asked her.
    "Absolutely!" She replied with not even an instant of hesitation before taking me to a dressing room. There were three really important things I noticed about my shopping experience there:
    1 - There was NO hesitation at all when a 46 year old man asked if he try on a awesome gown.
    2 - They made it a point to tell me to take a handful of their business cards. The obvious intent being that they liked the business and wanted me to spread the word.
    3 - The prices were incredible. While the pic doesn't do it justice, this is easily a thousand dollar dress and I got it for about $175 just because someone had worn it before.

Hell yeah, I'd give the place a shot if I were you!

Oh, and as a general rule, Austin is a very open minded place - I wouldn't hesitate to shop ANYWHERE in the area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome. Thank y'all. Actually headed to the valley and wanted to stop in Austin for a bit. I will look the link up Kimberly. Great info Jess and StacyJ.

When i used to live in Texas, near Austin, i would go to the 505 Salon (Arboretum shopping center) often for makeovers and hairstyling, also manicure/nail polish. The makeup artist that i had moved to California a while back; but if you call the salon and tell them what you want, i am sure they will be able to find someone there who can do a good job for you.

Good luck.

Nancy

Thank you, Nancy. I believe I will stop at an Ulta down there and purchase my make up so someone can help me. Anyone else go to Ulta in Round Rock Austin area?