Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this will be interesting

Platinum Member

this will be interesting - update!!!

Ok, I took another step out from cover this morning.

Earlier, I invited a former colleague (and still close friend) to dinner on Saturday night. She accepted and is picking a spot.

I've been thinking seriously about coming out to her for several years. I know her to be very accepting, caring and open minded, and we have over the years shared a lot of our personal lives with each other. Except this one thing.

Last night I wrote an email message to her...didn't send it. I decided to sleep on it. This morning, I read it over, made some minor edits...took a deep breath and sent it to her private email address.

Now we wait and see.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Good luck Kim.
    Hopefully she will be accepting and you will gain a "girlfriend" to share this with.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Got my fingers crossed for you Kim!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    Let us know how it goes.

Like I have heard if a person is a true friend it won't matter, she will accept you. If she doesn't does it matter?

That's got to be hard way to do it... all the stress waiting for a response, and did she understand what you wrote?... good luck.
    Chickie

I hope you have a new lady friend to do stuff with, I am sure your judgement is correct, I think it will work out fine from what you have told us about her!!!

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    Kim I wish you the best. I have came out to my friends and old college friends and was well accepted, only one person rejected me, oh well to H... with her. I love my new life.
    Love Kimberly

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieDragg View Post
    I hope you have a new lady friend to do stuff with, I am sure your judgement is correct, I think it will work out fine from what you have told us about her!!!
    I'm not really looking for someone to do things with - though that would be fun. I just felt I needed to tell her. Still waiting for a reaction, but she may no check her messages till tonight. So I have to relax and be patient.

Patients are virtue! Hang in there everythings going to be just fine! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Kim,
    Best wishes darlin, I hope all goes well.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Goodluck Kim i truly hope it all works out !.I think having a friend to talk about this would be such a great thing !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Good luck. I hope all goes well.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I wish you well, Kim...It's hell waiting for a text or an email back from someone after you've sent it. Kinda' scary for sure not knowing what, if anything, they are going to say. It is nice to share your secret with another, though.

Suzanne

Platinum Member
    Not any response yet. She doesn't check her private mail often .....

Best of luck Kim, It's a brave new world.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim, That may just be the most important click of the MOUSE that you ever made.

Good luck and keep us advised.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

maybe she is sleeping on her response to you...

Update us soon!!! I hope all goes well!
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

The suspense is killing us! I have a feeling it will be good though.

Platinum Member

Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    The suspense is killing us! I have a feeling it will be good though.
    The suspense ended with a phone conversation just a half hour ago! My dear friend, as I suspected, had not gotten around to reading her private email...seems the iPad ran out of juice. So she was non-the wiser when she called me this afternoon. We chit chatted for a while and I asked her if she'd read my email...she hadn't. So, I took another deep breath, explained I had something I needed to share with her, and extemporaneously related the contens of my message.

After a pause, she said, "You're not joking are you?" And I said no, and went on to a maybe 30 minute conversation of my transgender life... We're still on for dinner tomorrow night and I'll be going en femme! (with her permission!) So, I'm deeply relieved and excited to spend a very pleasant evening with a good friend. But what to wear - we're going to a casual Mexican restaraunt with great margaritas!

Aspiring Member

Progress

Hi Kim,
    It sounds promising. I wish you good luck and all the best with your friend.

Hugs,
    Sandra

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Wow Kim, that must have been a very nervous conversation! glad it went well for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post

After a pause, she said, "You're not joking are you?" And I said no, and went on to a maybe 30 minute conversation of my transgender life... We're still on for dinner tomorrow night and I'll be going en femme! (with her permission!) So, I'm deeply relieved and excited to spend a very pleasant evening with a good friend. But what to wear - we're going to a casual Mexican restaraunt with great margaritas!
    Kim, embrace this moment! I treasure my GG friends -- they have been wonderfully understanding and I look forward to whenver I can go out with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

After teasing you about leaving the debit card in the bar, I must congratulate you on this new version of an old friendship. Let us know how the evening went.