Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch

I think your strategy is a good one...the risks of all at once are medical..you balance multiple surgery dates vs one big one...you have a job, you don't want multiple recoveries.you got through it and so you won that bet...

i can't wait till you can look back and say with no more aches..wow...its done..

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kay View Post
    I'm so happy for you and would still change places with you in a minute.
    Thank you and I totally understand.

You know you're TS when a horror story (and I promise you I feel horrible) like mine doesn't even phase you. There is nothing in the world that is going to deter me from my goal and as bad as I feel right now, I am soooo excited about my future. If I could smile, I think I would be.

...and ladies I will eventually be telling more of my story but my computer time is limited to how long I can look at the screen before my eyes get sore. Yes even my eyes are sore. However I will answer any specific question in PM for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Congratulations Melissa! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

You'll soon look gorgeous, Melissa -- in the meantime just scamper past those unsympathetic mirrors as quickly as possible. I wish for you a very speedy recovery.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Ha ha ha ha...LOL very good one! Thanks, now I'm feeling better today. Of course, if your story is not an April fools joke, I feel sorry for your pain.
    Last edited by Chickhe; 04-02-2012 at 01:31 AM.
    Chickie

It's hard to remember that the fact that you are young that you'll heal faster. I'm taking it a little at a time and started with the eyes. Although, if I had the $$ I'd have gone the majic wand way all at once a long time ago...

Remember, this too in time shall pass...

Renne.....

Congratulations Melissa. I know the immediate after looks are not so nice, but there is a lot of beauty underneath all that bruising, plumping and scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Congratulations Melissa.
    Thanks Allie, please make sure and keep Angie updated.
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I understand the all or nothing approach perfectly. I don't know if I could go thru all that at once though! I won't compare the level of pain of this to what little I go thru with laser and electrolysis (without pain killers) but I know I personally feel like the pain is my dues for going closer to where I want to be.

I hope you get the results you desire, and deserve. Cheers to a speedy heal!!
    Sally

Oh my, ouch for sure! No pain, no gain they say though.. Hope you feel better quick Melissa. I'm sure it will be worth it.

One of my old friends in response to the same pic posted on facebook said

"Natural beauty ain't for sissies"

Women have been torturing themselves since the beginning in the pursuit of contemporary beauty. TS women are just joining the club and we still have a lot of catching up to do.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Hang in there, Misty. You are going to be beautiful very soon. Get well soon, sis!!!!!!
    ​Cindy

I hope you have a speedy recovery Melissa.

The Body sculpting lipo I think was the most painful for me. Even the healing seem to take longer.

Best wishes,
    Kristy

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Speedy recovery and hugs to you, Melissa.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I am soooo excited about my future.
    I think your future is looking really good. Congrats and wishing you a quick recovery.

Did you get the license plate of that Mack Truck? Did he back up and run over you twice?

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Wow Melissa!

Scary-exciting sh*t! Take care of yourself and here's hoping you have a speedy recovery with awesome results!

Debby
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    You'll soon look gorgeous, Melissa -- in the meantime just scamper past those unsympathetic mirrors as quickly as possible. I wish for you a very speedy recovery.
    awwww thanks Sharon. I am alternately disgusted and fascinated by my reflection. It doesn't look anything like me and yet I have a morbid curiosity about it that keeps bringing me back to the mirror. Luckily, standing around mirrors is mildly exhausting so then I go lay down again.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    The ladies will settle into a more balanced presentation with time.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

What a difference a few days makes!

I finally got to see the doc and they pulled that packing out of my nose and unwrapped me so I could finally take a shower. I still can't get my nose wet, and my mouth is still full of stitches, but I feel soooooo much better.

I do wonder how long it will take before I can smile. They're telling me my jaw and chin will be swollen like this for at least another week and then just kinda swollen for a few more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Platinum Member
    Melissa, I'm so glad that your feeling better and the swelling is really going down - a few days and we'll begin see the real you! I'm excited to see the results!

wow you are healing blazing fast, the swelling is subsiding, simply awesome. How are the nights, I remember it took me about 4-5 days to feel semi-comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    wow you are healing blazing fast, the swelling is subsiding, simply awesome. How are the nights, I remember it took me about 4-5 days to feel semi-comfortable.
    Today is day 5 and I indeed feel semi-comfortable ;-)

I just went upstairs to lay down and I ended up taking a short nap which is what I did NOT want to do because I want to sleep through the night for once. Most of the facial discomfort is manageable now except for the top lip but most of my complaints right now would probably stem from this boob restriction device they have me strapped in. Apparently new implants need to be held firmly in one place for a few weeks so they can become stable as the muscle tissue slowly conforms to the huge new foreign object that has just been surgically installed. This thing cures all notions of a bra being sexy.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Today is day 5 and I indeed feel semi-comfortable ;-)

I just went upstairs to lay down and I ended up taking a short nap which is what I did NOT want to do because I want to sleep through the night for once. Most of the facial discomfort is manageable now except for the top lip but most of my complaints right now would probably stem from this boob restriction device they have me strapped in. Apparently new implants need to be held firmly in one place for a few weeks so they can become stable as the muscle tissue slowly conforms to the huge new foreign object that has just been surgically installed. This thing cures all notions of a bra being sexy.
    Yup that torture device sucks. I used to lay flat with an ice pack or package of frozen peas resting on my chest. It helps somewhat with the discomfort. it took me about 6 months before my boobs started to feel less tight, and for all of the swelling to go away. After about 1 year they looked and felt great. After close to 5 years.. it's like I have always had them. Once things calm down..... you'll be back to buying and enjoying those sexy bras... for a little while anyway

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

'be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid'

Can't wait to see you in a few months time.
    Wow!
    I was layed up after a shoulder surgery a few months back and watched netflix instant all day for a week all loopie on pain meds.......I had this big winter night gown on...tried to get as comfortable as possible.
    wishing you feel better soon.
    polythene pam