Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch

OMG, I saw your "new" avatar elsewhere and came running in here to find your thread which I knew had to be here. I think you were gorgeous before and after all this "work", I'm sure you'll be nothing short of stunning. None of which matters so much because the other byproducts of going through all of this will be priceless, to be able to navigate this wonderful world of ours as the 100% female that you are. Much congrats and get well soon.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Ya know melissa, fwiw, you are ALREADY THERE..

its already impossible to see a man in your face....

Hey Melissa, maybe I missed it but did you go to Osterhout? I knew that's who you were leaning toward earlier.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    its already impossible to see a man in your face....
    LOL

I agree, it's impossible to see anything human in that face right now. I look in the mirror every few hours and try like hell to imagine what I'm going to look like after the swelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

you kinda look like Gwyneth Paltrow in shallow hal....

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kay View Post
    Hey Melissa, maybe I missed it but did you go to Osterhout? I knew that's who you were leaning toward earlier.

No, I couldn't scrape up the cash for Dr O. In hindsight, I'm glad I went with Cardenas because it included 12 days of recovery care and I would hate to have been home a few days ago. I'm glad I'm not home now in fact, I get rides to my follow up appointments, food, and clean sheets and towels.
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Kaitlyn Michele is right, the male is gone from your face already...you are so brave, not only to do the surgery but to post the pictures. I admire and honor your fearlessness and wish you a swift recovery into your new state of beauty.

elizabethamy

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    No, I couldn't scrape up the cash for Dr O. In hindsight, I'm glad I went with Cardenas because it included 12 days of recovery care and I would hate to have been home a few days ago. I'm glad I'm not home now in fact, I get rides to my follow up appointments, food, and clean sheets and towels.
    Thanks Melissa, after chatting and PMing with Inna that is where I'm thinking I'm going to go.
    I'll be interested on hearing more about your experience when you are feeling better.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kay View Post
    Thanks Melissa, after chatting and PMing with Inna that is where I'm thinking I'm going to go.
    I'll be interested on hearing more about your experience when you are feeling better.
    I am an open book. Just PM me. ;-)
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I am an open book. Just PM me. ;-)
    Will do Melissa.

Thanks
    Pam

I look in the mirror every few hours and try like hell to imagine what I'm going to look like after the swelling.
    Just consider it a surprise gift. You can see the package but not whats going to come out of it!
    Sally

it is just gonna get so much better ...literally every day from here on out..

there will be some very weird side effects that are very unpredictable, and also there is difference at 2 months, 6 months, a year and 2 years that is subtle but surprisingly meaningful..

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Misty, it just looks painful. I thought of saying something witty and funny to make you feel better, but then I realized that would probably make if hurt worse. So I'll refrain! I'm sure when the time comes, the pain and the swelling subside, and you look in the mirror you will amaze yourself with pretty. Peace out girl!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    You look like a favorite slightly, pleasingly plump friend or coworker. As the more striking signs of surgery fade, the appearance is pleasant and easy on the eye. You will look fantastic in a few months, but the intermediate state is very acceptable for you to start the sequel to your previous life.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Looking better all the time Melissa. I think you are on to something special, you! Angie is up to date, sends you tons of love and asks that you take your time in coming home, since you have done so much and have such good care where you are. Let me know if you need a ride home from the airport or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    you kinda look like Gwyneth Paltrow in shallow hal....
    I am thinking more like "Fat *******" from Austin powers with her hair up like that and her swollen round face!

( Misty knows I love her and I am just teasing)

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Smile The Beauty of Free Trade & Open Markets!

Me gusta que tu tienes bastante dinero para usar Dr. Cardenas!

Armed with the testimony of trusted friends, you have made your life's dream happen!
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Amazing Member
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It will be great and a whole new start for your transition.

Hi Melissa, I know it must hurt terribly after that big surgery. If I can say anything, it's that I've had over 25 major surgeries, skin grafts and so on in my life, due to an accident as a little boy. It may not really help you that much in your situation, but I learned, that even the worst pain will disappear - believe me, just trust your body - things will improve quickly. In your situation, I always told myself, look ahead, one more week, and you'll feel much less pain, in two weeks, no more physical pain and in about two month, you won't see much of the surgery, except some new scars. Even the scares will disappear over the years if you're lucky.

Look who decided to show up?

Michelle Martin showed up to the recovery house on Wednesday and today she came back from the hospital looking pretty damn good. A little bit TOO good if you ask me ;-) Look at her face? I'm 8 days out and she STILL is less bruised and swollen than I am. Whatever. I can't help it if I'm so delicate. ;-)

Anyhoo, she wanted to get a pic up at her worst, hopefully she gets a lot more bruising tomorrow. What?!

It's nice to have another sister here. You have no idea how boring it can be just milling around, trying to take your mind off how uncomfortable you are.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Now there is quite a pair to draw to! Congratulations to both of you. Enjoy your stays there, heal quickly, and hurry back soon.

Melissa, you really do look so much better and, yes, even happier too.

Michelle, just tell Melissa to pipe down a bit when she really gets going and talking your ear off. I agree with her that you really look great compared to miss beauty girl.

Good luck! This is going to be wonderful.
    Lisa

Glad to see you're doing better Melissa.

I called and talked to Tyler this afternoon. I'm going to send him some pictures and get a quote, won't have anything done until October or after but I'm trying to get my plan in place and set up for transition at work. I plan on doing what you have and transitioning after FFS. I am working on it with my boss and HR right now.

Thanks for the info and help you have given us, even through your pain.
    I know it will be worth it and you are looking great!
    Pam

I hope all goes well for you and your recouvery is quick !.Im sure it will be worth it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Silver Member
    I'm 8 days out and she STILL is less bruised and swollen than I am. Whatever. I can't help it if I'm so delicate. ;-)
    Oh my God, Melissa, you look GREAT! Still lots of swelling, but what a huge difference!

Lea
    Lea