Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch

Melissa, you look gorgeous It must be great to think that the worst part is finally over and you can get on with living again I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope you love the final results. I cannot wait to get around to facial surgery. Time drags, when you are waiting All my love. Stacie xxx.
    Life is what we make it....and I am making my life to be the best I can

If brains were dynamite....I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose.

I wish I looked like Gemma, my avatar. Maybe one day I will, who knows?

Melissa, I feel your pain girl. Hurry up and get well, ok? No one should have to go through pain to be who they are. It'll all be over soon so hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    So I've been home for one week as of this morning and I am definitely ready for this to be over already. I do feel better every day, but I'm still a long way from feeling normal. The bruising and the swelling in my face seems to be subsiding but how many more days do I have to look in the mirror and see this? The general discomfort is gone and is replaced by a bit of malaise. Also my nose and forehead scar are actually hurting lately. They were comfortably numb for awhile, but as the feeling comes back it's bringing the pain with it. My new boobs are finally starting to feel like they belong there, but I will sure be glad when they're not swollen anymore. Right now they look as uncomfortable as they feel. Not hot.
    Melissa, you look great! I just got home on Monday myself, and my under eye Nike swooshes are starting to diminish as well. Now if I can just get my lips to work properly . . .
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    Now if I can just get my lips to work properly . . .
    LOL that's something that I've been neglecting to mention. The lip work doesn't hurt, but it is a bizarre feeling to try to smile but end up looking like Dick Cheney. I can do all of the mechanical things just fine now like drinking, sucking a straw, etc, but smiling still looks weird. It's getting better though.

Remember those sandwiches we were so excited about but couldn't open our mouths wide enough to eat? We had to destroy those things just to eat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

LOL that's something that I've been neglecting to mention. The lip work doesn't hurt, but it is a bizarre feeling to try to smile but end up looking like Dick Cheney.
    My heart goes out to you, dear.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

The lip work doesn't hurt, but it is a bizarre feeling to try to smile but end up looking like Dick Cheney.
    Oh, exactly! I still have duck lips. I am SO looking forward to the swelling going down on the lower half of my face.

Remember those sandwiches we were so excited about but couldn't open our mouths wide enough to eat? We had to destroy those things just to eat them.
    LOL, that, oddly enough, is really a fond memory for me. I'm reminded of you whenever I eat a sandwich now.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Banned Read only
    OMG, you just brought back those memories. I do remember duck lips.

hey where's that lady?

Okay wow, I wasn't prepared for this even though I thought I was totally prepared for it. I'm beginning to feel almost normal so every few days I run short errands into the world but I don't really interact with anyone except for the occasional clerk. Today I had to go to Guitar Center to return a speaker and it was my first real test. I still have some bruising and swelling and I wasn't entirely sure that I don't still look like a dude, but I had to get this done so off I go. I was wearing what I normally wear, jeans and a tshirt with no makeup and my hair in a loose pony.

When I got there it was uneventful. Nobody really paying attention to me until finally a young guy says "Is somebody helping you ma'am? So far so good, I told him I had a speaker to return and showed him the receipt and he asked if I had it with me, I said yes it was in my truck. "you're gonna need help bringing that in right?" Yes absolutely I said. Soooo we go out and get it and he spends the next 30 minutes or so looking for another one to replace mine, during which time, every dude in the place offered to help me.

I was on the other side of a display when I heard him say, "hey, where's that lady that was waiting right here with that speaker?" When I came around the corner, the other guy said "there she is". A few minutes later we were all done and he carried the other speaker out to my truck.

I drove away in a daze. I can't believe this day is finally here. Now I'm really ready to finish healing and get the rest of my life started. I took this pic as soon as I got home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Looking good Misty. It'll only get better...
    ​Cindy

oh my, that looks fantastic
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

What a wonderful validation Melissa! You have passed through the fire and it is good.

I am so very happy for you, congratulations!
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

I guess all I can say is WOW!!! and wonderful. What a terrific affirmation.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    You look amazing and you are so beautiful!
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it, you do look great Melissa!

You're making be feel better about going to Dr. Cardenas.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

You look great Melissa. Your photo (never flattering the old self portrait if you ask me) looks absolutely feminine.

Go out and be yourself as much as you can.

You are looking so much better. Now if we can get those stiff lips into a sweet smile we will be able actually see how happy you really are. About that speaker, did it have a chewed up corner and any Smudge scent markings? I hope you and your in house family are all doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    You are looking so much better. Now if we can get those stiff lips into a sweet smile we will be able actually see how happy you really are. About that speaker, did it have a chewed up corner and any Smudge scent markings? I hope you and your in house family are all doing well.
    Thanks Allie, no Smudge didn't chew on the speaker, these are the big ones I'm currently using for monitors in the studio. He is however chewing on everything else. Nothing to keep your mind off your own problems like a puppy. ;-)

Hey, I still owe you dinner for driving me to Bako, so let's plan something.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

You look great. Nice rack!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Kelly!! What a thing to say on a public forum. Gosh oh Gee.

Actually, I was going to say the same thing, but in an all too frequent senior moment I forgot to put that in my post, and I had to look, well maybe sneak a peak or many, at that rack for over 8 hours recently.

Hey so, now do you believe.....................................lol, yes MAAM, it is here MAAM, and wait a few, once the bruises come down and makeup goes up you will hear hello MISSY, can I help you carry that?

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    My partner looks like you after her FFS. She looks a lot worse. We are right here with you. Hour by hour. Existing as best as you can. I hoop you are recovering.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

You are looking wonderful Melissa Congrats! See it's all you'd dreamed. You Rock!

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Smile Just a Delicate Flower

Finally we see the hair a little fluffier. It gives you a more delicate image. I am sure the new frontage real estate didn't hurt either. This is exactly what you wanted! We're looking forward to the glamour shots when you are healed
    Last edited by Helen Grandeis; 04-26-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

"you're gonna need help bringing that in right?" Yes absolutely I said. Soooo we go out and get it and he spends the next 30 minutes or so looking for another one to replace mine, during which time, every dude in the place offered to help me.
    Chivalry is not dead after all!

... maybe I should move to the Bay area. lol

Seriously, I'm so pleased for you Melissa. And you look great!
    Reine

Silver Member
    very happy for you and think you are looking great