Thread: lipstick hell

lipstick hell

something funny happened yesterday morning ok it wasnt so funny at the time, tuesday nite on my way home from work I stopped at walgreens and bought some covergirl lipstick. roll ahead to the next morning, I hear the kid leave for school waited afew minutes got up and change into femm clothes alittle makeup. oh yeah the lipstick, I hadnt used a liquid lipstick before so naturally I messed it the first time, I wipe it off no problem, tried agian perfect I thought let it dry put on the top coat. if you cant see it coming Ill add to it, I had a dentist appointment at 930am its like 615am then. did my usual things in morning got the wife up for work and off to work, chatting with afew ppl on YM until 845am went into bathroom wash off my makeup and take a shower. this is were things went bad, makeup came off fine but the lipstick was a different story. Im sure my neighbors heard me yelling shit! shit ! shit! I mean this lipstick wouldnt come off, soap wouldnt touch it but I really didnt have much else use tho I did start eyeing the bottle of lighter fuild about 915am but thought better lol well by the time I got off what I could my lips hurt like hell. I think I got most if not all of it off but I had made my lips so red from trying to get the lipstick off it still looked like I had lipstick on and did I get looks at the dentist office. the girls behide the counter were looking smiling talking to each other. boy I was the talk of the office. if I didnt have to go to work Id been better off to leave it on )

Departed

Mascara heck

I had a similar experience Sunday. I went out Saturday and when I was doing my makeup added an additional coating of mascara after the first coat had dried. I was experimenting on how it would look in pictures. Anyway I had on a lot of makeup.

Flash back to earlier in the week. I have been helping my son's wrestling coach finish his basement. His wife has been pushing him to get it finished before this weekend so she can throw a party for his 39th birthday. So I promised him I would be there around 10 AM Sunday.

Back to Saturday night. Jacki and I don't even leave her house until around 11 PM. We stay out late, very late. It's light out when we leave the bar. We get back to Jacki's house and I crash. I wake up around 9:30 and figure I had better get moving. I remove all my makeup then shower. Jacki's out on the couch. I pack all my stuff and head home. I change to work clothes which include blue jeans on what will be a hot day. Since I shaved my legs...

I get to the coach's house and work 'til about 8 PM then head home. When I get home my wife is already in bed. I putz around for a bit and then hit the sack.

When I wake up the next morning I turn to my wife who is already awake, "Are you wearing mascara? Did you go out last night?"

"No, I just came home and went to bed but if you're seeing mascara then I guess the coach and his wife and the other people there saw it too." Then I thought about it. I did remember some funny looks. I told them I was out late. Did they suspect?

I was back there again last night and everything seemed normal. I guess I'll never know what they thought because I sure as hell am not going to ask them, "Did you see the mascara residue on my eyes Sunday?"

Julie

clarissa3d

ouch

oh Julie I feel your pain. (kinda)

There are some makeup remover that will take it off in a sec. But it is usually brand spacific.
    I had a situation where I did not wash my eye liner off and went to a autoparts store. uhhhhhhhhh can you say o SHI****!
    A store full of good ole boys and me. I stood in line to purhcase oil and was getting looks and mermers accross the room. I just glanced in a car mirror on the shelf and what to my suprise suprise suprise. Well I think my blood pressure maxed out and every nerve in my body was on over load.
    I calmly walked over and put the oil back and made a hasty exit. I have not been back to that store ever sence.
    Makes my heart beat hard just thinking about it.

Departed
    Quote Originally Posted by clarissa3d
    A store full of good ole boys and me. I stood in line to purhcase oil and was getting looks and mermers accross the room. I just glanced in a car mirror on the shelf and what to my suprise suprise suprise. Well I think my blood pressure maxed out and every nerve in my body was on over load.
    I calmly walked over and put the oil back and made a hasty exit. I have not been back to that store ever sence.
    Makes my heart beat hard just thinking about it.
    [size=3]Kinda makes you wish you were a rock star [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]"Hey! Where's my mascara? You don't expect me to go out in public without it, do you?"[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieThomas
    something funny happened yesterday morning ok it wasnt so funny at the time, tuesday nite on my way home from work I stopped at walgreens and bought some covergirl lipstick. roll ahead to the next morning, I hear the kid leave for school waited afew minutes got up and change into femm clothes alittle makeup. oh yeah the lipstick, I hadnt used a liquid lipstick before so naturally I messed it the first time, I wipe it off no problem, tried agian perfect I thought let it dry put on the top coat. if you cant see it coming Ill add to it, I had a dentist appointment at 930am its like 615am then. did my usual things in morning got the wife up for work and off to work, chatting with afew ppl on YM until 845am went into bathroom wash off my makeup and take a shower. this is were things went bad, makeup came off fine but the lipstick was a different story. Im sure my neighbors heard me yelling shit! shit ! shit! I mean this lipstick wouldnt come off, soap wouldnt touch it but I really didnt have much else use tho I did start eyeing the bottle of lighter fuild about 915am but thought better lol well by the time I got off what I could my lips hurt like hell. I think I got most if not all of it off but I had made my lips so red from trying to get the lipstick off it still looked like I had lipstick on and did I get looks at the dentist office. the girls behide the counter were looking smiling talking to each other. boy I was the talk of the office. if I didnt have to go to work Id been better off to leave it on )

Next time try a little petroleum jelly. It takes it right off.

clarissa3d

yo Dude Rock on....

Well I can scream and while playing the base guitar.

YEA YEA OHHH YEAA MANNN KILL IT HATE IT LOVE IT YEA YEA YEA

While dressed to the 9's

I really feel for you Debbie.I have never had an experience where I couldn't remove my makeup.The closest thing to it was putting on false nails with glue and not having acetone or anything to remove them.Luckily with enough soap and water and prying I was able to get them off without any damage.There has also been a couple of times when my wife has asked me if I was wearing mascara.Opps. I think we have all been there sometime or another

Amelie
    I have had times where my make-up didn't completly wash off. Once I used a black lipstick, that wouldn't come off no matter what I tried. In the end I put a little foundation on the lips which covered them for a while, but the black eventually came back. It wore off after about three days. There were also times when I was sloopy in cleaning my eyeliner and the next day there woul;d be remains of eyeliner on my eyes. It would only be, when I bumped into someone I knew, then they told me my eyes still had make-up. Strangers in the street and in the shops never commented about it.

Love Amelie

PS-If I have make-up that's tough to remove, I use something called Alboline. It's like a petroleum jelly that removes make-up.

my normal makeup comes off ok with soap and water didnt know Id need something else. right now our house is pretty messed up, alot things are in boxes. we had to evacuate our home cause of the hurricane frances and two week before that was charley. now theres a third one Ivan heading rigth towards us again sucks to live in central Florida

prisscilla
    lol lol lol
    ohh my gal dern self
    ohh how I hate them all day lipsticks
    just love this post
    thought it were just me
    its soooo soooooo good to know Im not alone!
    thanks ghirlzzzs for this post
    yers truly
    priss c

Use water-based cream!

Use CREAM! I was dressed to the nines the other day all by my lonesome when my folks came home earlier than expected. High speed dash to the bathroom with clothes trailing me, latched onto the cream (water-based stuff) and it takes everything off really well with a face cloth and warm water. The cream has the added bonus of moisturising the face too . Of course the heart was beating wildly and then I had to sneak my nice clothes back to my room ...

But yeah, there have been one too many close calls already. Of course, before I knew the cream thing, I couldn't get the lipstick off and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed ... you get the idea. My mom asked me why my lips were so RED Oops.

Love,

Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/