Thread: Favorite Book on crossdressing or gender issues

Favorite Book on crossdressing or gender issues

I am looking for some recommendations from you and what your favorite book is on crossdressing or gender issues. What have you read and would recommend to otheres?

Jennifer

One of really enjoyed and found insightful is Alice in Genderland by Richard Novic

Miriam
    I think it depends on your particular type of gender issues. Those who have been part of this community for a long time probably have some books on specific topics. For my case, I got a lot of mileage from "My Husband Wears My Clothes: Crossdressing From the Perspective of a Wife". It fits well with my lifestyle as a private dresser with a wife, but might not be so applicable for a purely fetish dresser or someone much further toward the transexual side.

Miriam

Aspiring Member
    My wife enjoyed reading both "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and "My Husband Betty". She said both of them helped her understand what makes me tick.

Oh yeah I read them also.

I'm also going with 'Alice in genderland'. While I don't share the authors sexual orientation, I found the story familar, and very insightful into the real world of transgender nightlife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's fiction, but I connected with the book on a personal level really well. It's called Luna, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember who the author is! But look it up, you'll find it! It's a good book.

Crossdressing, sex, and Gender.

I've read My Husband Wears My Clothes (MHWMC) and also another Peggy Rudd Book on a study she did of transgender individuals, can't remember the name. Must admit wasn't that impressed with MHWMC, I just wanted to tell her husband to stop being a selfish pain in the neck half the time.

I've read and quite enjoyed the Jane Anderson book "The Lazy crossdresser". Humorous with little miscellaneous tips on techniques but also a good insight on her attitude without it being rammed down your throat.

I've heard a couple of interviews with Helen Boyd of "My husband Betty" fame and she sounds interesting. I haven't read the book yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    I've read My Husband Wears My Clothes (MHWMC) and also another Peggy Rudd Book on a study she did of transgender individuals, can't remember the name. Must admit wasn't that impressed with MHWMC, I just wanted to tell her husband to stop being a selfish pain in the neck half the time.
    Hi Adina,

That's funny. I think Melanie is on here, so you can tell her yourself. Actually, I think it's a compliment and speaks to how much you could relate to the book.

Ameli

My favorite is Lacey Leigh's Out & About: The Emacipated Crossdresser. It is loaded with tips and advice, and helped me to overcome guilt issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Crossdressing tip books... I like "The Lazy Crossdresser" and "Crossdress for Success". Tg related books I love "Hiding My Candy" by The Lady Chablis.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    There are all excellent books, I would also recommend:
    "Transformations:Crossdressers and Those Who Love Them" by Mariette Pathy Allen.
    Very profound and worthwhile reading.

Jennifer Finney Boylan's two books, "She's Not There" and "I'm Looking Through You" are great stories. Her story is that of a lifelong transsexual who submerged it to be a husband/father until it came roaring back and she transitioned. She's a terrific writer, too.

I agree with Elizabethamy, I really enjoyed and related to "She's Not There". I also enjoyed Helen Boyd's books.

"My Husband Betty" also helped my wife when I came out to her.

My favorite would also have to be a fiction book entitled "Debbie Harry Sings in French". A good book about personal identity and the challenges faced with that.
    -Jenna

I've read most of the books mentioned above, but my favorite is still "The Man in the Red Velvet Dress.

Silver Member
    The other Peggy Rudd book was "Crossdressing With Dignity"; I don't have a copy, so I have never read it.
    http://www.ifge.org/books/crossdress...th_dignity.htm

I give My Husband Wears My Clothes two big thumbs up.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-03-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameli View Post
    Hi Adina,

That's funny. I think Melanie is on here, so you can tell her yourself. Actually, I think it's a compliment and speaks to how much you could relate to the book.

Ameli
    Yes, I would like to know how I was seen as being a selfis pain in the neck.

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Has anyone read the new book "The Crossdresser's Wife - Our Secret Lives"? I think it came out within the last year and I was wondering if it was any good.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I've read and enjoyed "The Lazy Crossdresser" by Charles Anders, great read especially for the beginner as I was when I read it.

"Alice in Genderland" was OK in my opinion. As others have said, I don't relate to the authors sexuality and the she does spend a good chunk of time describing encounters etc. She is a very well written person, and the fact that she is well educated comes through though. Plus there is plenty of good information for that applies equally to CD's of all sexual orientations.

I also just started reading the fictional book "Luna" by Julie Anne Peters. As Victoria (6th poster in thread) says, it's a great read and it hit close to home.

And although it's got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with CD'ing, "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George RR Martin (AKA the Game of Thrones books) are not to be missed by fans of good fiction. I'm not a fantasy fan per-se, but the characters are fleshed out so well by the writing that you grow really attached to (or repulsed by) them. It's not like JRR Tolkien where even 3 year old can identify 'evil' and 'good' characters at a glance. Just when you start to think a character is evil, you get a chapter from their point of view that makes you realize they are only motivated by their own self-interest and therefore cannot be termed categorically 'good' or 'evil.' Good stuff.
    Last edited by Krista1985; 04-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.

The best (or favorite book) that I have ever read was I Want What I Want. It was made into a movie back in the early seventies. I have also enjoyed most of the mainline books mentioned above.

looks like a lot of good ones that I haven't read and I think I have read quite a few
    My faves so far are My Husband Betty and Lazy Crossdresser both great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee