Thread: Coming out

jmbdallas

Coming out

I openned the closet door and walked out. Yesterday I told my wife about my crossdressing. We are seperated due to totally different reason. I fell in love with someone else. Didn't work out but that is ok. Anyway, she was shocked and started crying. She didn't want to talk to me. She acted like I was a freak. My parting shot to her was to go to the internet and read about crossdressing and maybe she will understand.

She did and seems to accepted me for who I am. We talked about it today and she seemed deeply interested and tried to understand my feelings. I really appreciate this forum and all the sites on the internet that try to convey what we feel.

She even wants to help me dress up sometime. We seem a little closer today. Maybe this is what we needed to get back together.

Thanks to everyone for your help and encouragement.

Life Traveller
    Dear JMB: I'd go for it...re-establish a relationship...a GG who will support and help you along the path is a rare jewel indeed - good luck
    CHER

Amelie
    Glad to here good news for a change, I'm happy for you JMB. It's not just the internet, you had the major role in having your SO understand.
    Keep Happy
    Love Amelie

Departed
    Wouldn't that be a great switch - crossdressing bringing a marriage back together!

Good luck and I hope all works out to the best for both of you,
    Julie

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Good luck Dallas. It's never easy coming out of the closet. But once you're out you'll never have to go back in, so thats a positive thing. Most people are shocked by it, and don't know what to think. A flood of emotion covers them, is he gay, does he want to be a woman, am I not woman enough for him so he has to compensate? etc.

Take it slow with her, answer all of her questions honestly, and most importantly don't push. Baby steps will get you out of the closet much faster than leaps. Just remember, you're not on the moon!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_Ph
    Baby steps will get you out of the closet much faster than leaps. Just remember, you're not on the moon!
    That is exactly it Jennifer.Baby steps go alot further than leaps.Although I made a big leap by going out in public I have been taking baby steps with my wife.Asking her if she would mind if I painted my toenails in front of her and just the other day she asked if she could see me try on my new heels.They slowly come around and eventually you will be where I am at where she wants to have a girl slumber party and we are going to do makeovers and all sorts of girly stuff