Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitting in here in a hotel partially dressed

Kristyn, it'll be interesting to hear what you did! FYI, I understand the whole fear of what people will think thing, and have brought the "list from my wife" for make-up, nails, etc, and bought a few guy things at the same time as a cover(for what is ON the list, other posts had some good advice). That said, the posters who said no one bats an eye at a guy buying women's stuff are absolutely right in my experience. Realistically, they probably think it's odd, as it's unlikely that any woman would send her husband to buy make-up, but so what, they don't know you. Whatever makes you comfortable.
    Good advice from Kimberly on wigs, make-up etc. If there is a transformation service either near you or somewhere you travel to, they will do a makeover and teach you how to do it at the same time, if you want to get good at doing your own make-up (I don't have the patience so I just have them do mine when I go out!) The good ones are not only skilled makeup artists but have special tricks that help make a CD'ers look believable. They will also generally supply and style wigs that are flattering to your face, are age appropriate, etc. If you haven't done this, it's pretty amazing. If you have..then you already know!

Buying make up for the first time it can be a expensive treat. Mostly, because if you do not have the experience, it will make very difficult to find out the right tones for the foundation, concelaer, eye shadows, etc. After spending too much money, one day I took courage and I went to a lady who was at the cosmetics counter and ask her for help to choose the foundation, concelaler, p[owder, etc. She also help me on what colors would be right for eye shadow, lipstick, etc, considering my skin tone. After that, my make up improved soooo much.
    If you do not want to waste a lot of money, go late or during the day when ther is not too many people, and ask the person who is at the cosmetics stand to help you out. Once she is working with you, the rest of the people will not know if it is for you, your daughter, etc.
    You will save tons of money by not making the beginners mistakes that almost everybody of us have done at first, and you might get some good tips from the person who is helping you. And the rush to go and ask is also something that you might want to experience. And it better be sooner than later.

Tamara

My laptop got hit with a virus last night. Ouch. Probably will be buying a new one tomorrow.

Anne, as always, your comments are so inspiring and informative.

Kimberly, I am in McAllen but live in the Dallas area. Thank you for
    the goodwill / thrift store angle. Will pursue.

Julie, I have not done this. I have been dressing all of
    My life but just realized the full desire to go all of the way and/ or courage tI
    admit it. Good info and thank yOu!

Tamara, I like your style by kicking me out to get it done. you may have just give me the push
    to go do it right. per Anne and a few others, it sounds like MAC may be where I head.

Hugs Ladies!!!!

Kristyn. Now, who fixes computers? Just
    Kidding. I am going to run over it then put her
    In reverse and do it again.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

I knew I could count you, Stephnie, to stand between the computer and the car.

"No, No, Move, Steph"!

that is greatness. I was using my phone last night but on my computer right now. after hours of working, scanning, etc., it seems to be breathing somewhat but who knows. this could go down HEEL. if so, I will put on my beautiful beige 5" pumps and step on it like it was that cig you were pretending to smoke. great commentary, stephnie.