Thread: Started Therapy

Started Therapy

I started therapy, finally. We talked about my history and my plan for the future. She asked me who I was considering for FFS and SRS. She told me to join OutServe. She also told me go see an Endocrinologist as soon as possible. I have another appointment with her next week.

I want to get private health insurance. Some Aetna policies cover SRS but health insurance is so complicated and confusing to me. I don’t want to call up and say give me the transgender health care plan please.

You covered quite a bit on your first session, but it reads that your therapist is very knowledgeable -- and not one for wasting time! -- about things. Good luck!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Banned Read only
    Jaimie,

First off congratulations on starting therapy.
    This will certainly help you on your journey to being the true you.
    SRS is a very serious surgery and is something you would consider after you transitioned socially for at least a year that being called RLT (Real Life Test)
    It is smart to think that far into the future but for now it's time to concentrate on therapy, HRT, passing, wardrobe, makeup, social interaction, etc, etc, etc.

Concerning insurance policies covering SRS;
    To date there are no north American surgeons that accept such insurance and to my knowledge no overseas surgeons either.
    Those few that have had their SRS paid for this way had to front the full amount of the surgery first then wait for insurance to reimburse them.

Work on the steps that you need to for now while planning for those steps you will have in the future.

Julia

Insurance for SRS?????????????????? Where the heck do I sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course there is probably a 5 year no surgery exclusion in the policy and with the amount of payments you would have to make over the 5 years, you could of had 10 SRS's, and still had money left over to take a world-wide cruse lasting two years on a private 5-star yacht with unlimited wine, food, and sex.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 04-09-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"