Thread: dressing when happy

Question dressing when happy

I was recently thinking that my dressing becomes more prevalent when I'm at my happiest and tends to fade a little into the background when feeling down. I've read a lot of girls who dress to de-stress ... So which are you ? I'm lucky enough to have the support of my wife and it was actually her who noticed
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

My dressing tendencies lean more toward the amount of time since I last dressed.

If it has been awhile since I dressed I my desire to dress is high. I have wanted to dress both because I have had a rough day and I have had a good day.

My wife has suggested I dress if I have had several bad days at work.

I work in a male dominated workplace. We have several women but only the secretary wears business dress attire. If she is wearing something I like my desire to dress will increase along with my envy of being able to wear what she does to work. How I would like to trade positions with her.

I dress several times a week, but only if I have somewhere to go. But it has become increasingly easy to find someone (CD/TG) who wants to go out.
    It does not matter what my mode is before I get dressed, I'm always in heaven after!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found that bad days make me want to dress more, but I am always up for it. Lately I have been dressing almost every night it just feels comfortable.

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    Dress to de-stress I'd say for me.

But really, when a (rare) opportunity comes along, I take it.

Regards,
    Sandra
    Sandcastle is a bit buried.

I have never understood the "I dress to cope with stress" thing. Honestly I would have thought it would add more stress, what was that car in the driveway, can my neighbours see me in the yard, does my wife think this outfit looks silly.

So I would probably agree Vanessa that I dress more when I am NOT stressed and when I am happy and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    I have never understood the "I dress to cope with stress" thing. Honestly I would have thought it would add more stress, what was that car in the driveway, can my neighbours see me in the yard, does my wife think this outfit looks silly.

So I would probably agree Vanessa that I dress more when I am NOT stressed and when I am happy and comfortable.
    Im glad it's not just me :-). I don't get easily stressed but I do feel more relaxed when dressed, well not totally relaxed
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Platinum Member
    I fully agree. I feel far more normal, if that's the right term, when I'm dressed...I feel I'm cross dressing in male mode.

It used to be when I hadn't dressed up in a while, I really needed to do it. But now I do it fairly often enough and so I just do it whenever I feel like or want to film some videos

Dressing always makes me happy and more relaxed. My wife has also noticed this effect, thus is more open to it.

I dress everyday no matter what my mood is! However when I'm feeling down I tend not to put forth the extra effort of trying to look my best! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I just want to dress whenever I can regardless of what sort of day I've had but there's one thing I know for sure. My day becomes great once I'm dressed, without fail!

Which came first the chicken or the egg.

Not sure which order it happens for me, But I do know that I am happiest when I am all dressed up.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Depends on why I'm stressing. If it's because I've gone to long with out dressing, then it is for distressing, if I'm happy go lucky, then it's just fun!
    If I'm feeling insecure, then I probably will just pass on dressing, until what is eating at me passes.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    My dressing tendencies lean more toward the amount of time since I last dressed.

If it has been awhile since I dressed I my desire to dress is high. I have wanted to dress both because I have had a rough day and I have had a good day.
    This is how it is for me too. My desire is usually about how much I have dressed lately but don't get me wrong that does not mean if I only dressed yesterday I won't want to dress today because (exce[t in certain circumstances, and going to work is one of them) I always prefer to dress.

Your question was about dressing to de-stress or dressing when you are happy and which one am I. Well, when I am stressed, like a bad day at work or something., I will much prefer to open a bottle of wine and have a couple of large glasses of it than dress. If I am feeling happy anyway, then this is the time I'm likely to want to dress more.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    A lot of my en femme time is to relieve stress. The less stress, the less time en femme. Sometimes I find I have to consciously force myself to dress. When en femme I find it so natural that I forget I am Stephanie. Sometimes I think there are two distinct personalities inhabiting this mass of protoplasm. For years cross dressing relieved my PTSD acquired from combat.