Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you...

would you...

would you dress 24/7 if no one would care?
    lets take all negative aspects of being out of the closet away. would you live as a man, who wears only clothes for women?
    i don't talk about living as a woman. i only talk about the clothes.

or is it only something like a hobby. something you like to do once or twice a week, and even if it would be socially accepted, you would only dress sometimes for fun.

Recently during the week for me it has been work uniform, then home into women's clothes. I did laundry last week and there were alot more of Kimberly's clothes in the hamper than mine. I don't think I would do it 24/7 because it wouldn't be practical for work, but I could see me only wearing women's clothes on my off time. I dress pretty casual anyway and I actually have style in women's fashion unlike my male clothes where it is t-shirt and shorts/jeans.

Aspiring Member

Practical issues

Dressing is relaxation for me even though most of my clothes are casual. I often relax around the house wearing a skirt and blouse.

But consider; yesterday I spent the entire day mowing grass. I wore jeans, tights, a Danskin tank top, and a sweatshirt that I removed as the weather permitted. The tights and tank top were obviously fem, the rest were ambiguous. The tank top has a float bra and I like a light bra for comfort. Question: was I cross dressed? Answer: it depends on definitions (probably the most common answer around).

My clothing selection yesterday was entirely practical yet I chose some fem garments for their comfort and practicality. For me dressing like this is just choosing what clothing works best for the given circumstances with 'style or type' a secondary consideration.

I try to dress in clothing that fits the occasion and most of my "occasions" are really casual to utilitarian. A significant fraction of my clothing is "fem" but it is also androgynous too. Now; you decide if I spend more time dressed in "male" or "female" clothing. The line is pretty blurry for me.

Always ambiguous...LOL
    Sandra1746
    Last edited by Sandra1746; 04-07-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: addition

As the song says 'I don't give a damn what other people think'! I dress 24/7- 365 anyhow! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

i think i would dress 24/7 female as a man because the only reason i go drab is to go out or if my grand childern are coming to my house if i am home iam dressed i love my high heels
    hugs
    Ronda

If I am at home, then I am dressed in womens clothing.
    When I am away from home and I am wearing jeans and T-shirts, then the only thing that I have on that is male originally, is the T-shirt.
    My neighbors know and see me dressed as do my friends and family.
    If they come over, they know that I will be dressed in female attire.
    I could be anywhere from shorts or skort, to skirts and dresses.
    They come to see me and Jean, not to see what I have on.

OH! Since I am medically retired, I am dressed almost all of the time.
    And to answer your question, it would be 24/7 for me.
    This is who I am and it has nothing to do with a hobby.

If no one would care, that absolutely I would dress 24/7, But being in the field of work I am in, I have to wear a uniform all day long. So I guess it would just be the time when I am not at work.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

If I had my 'druthers". I would wear whatever I wanted to. However, I would still want to look my best, because I am proud of who and what I am.

YES YES YES!!!!!! I would dress all the time!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    By my own standard I do not dress enfemme around my grown children. So No, I would not dress all the time. I am still proud to be a male, and do like to look like one!

Sandra, if you are a man and wear any feminine clothes you are a crossdresser!! That is the definition of a MTF crossdresser!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Yes, I would dress full time and love it!!!
    I want to be this girl!

If that were the case I would definitely spend the majority of my time, and perhaps all the time, en femme, with no desire for SRS. It's just who I really am. But occasional experiences of extended femme time have taught me I would have to undergo electrolysis or something -- all that shaving just wouldn't work 24/7!

Without question YES.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To wear what you want, when, where, and how you want, to would be great. To live as a man and dress in the clothes I want would be nirvana. Until then, my nirvana is within the walls of my home.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Gold Member
    I agree with Sherri's viewpoint. But for no one to care what you wear is a mighty wave of the hand. And I am someone that finds most people somewhere from accepting to tolerant. If it didn't matter, then there are no men's or woman's section in the store. Just clothing. Everyone wearing whatever they want (I am picturing a smile and glint in the eye of Pythos). No bounds, no judgements, not even tolerance as it would be an everyday occurrence, so it would be acceptance just as accepting someone wearing a t-shirt is today.

I underdress almost all the time, but dressing all the time would make it too normal, and not thrilling enough when I do dress completely.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    would you live as a man, who wears only clothes for women? i don't talk about living as a woman. i only talk about the clothes.
    So when you say "i don't talk about living as a woman. i only talk about the clothes" .. I assume you mean not presenting as "female" i.e. not wearing a wig and forms, hip padding etc? Just being a girly guy wearing girls' clothes - yes? If so, then yes I would. I like to dress fully with the whole nine yards, makeup, wig, forms hip padding, dress, heels etc.... BUT ... I would also like to live my life in a casual way and do all the things I do in my male mode but also wear clothes that I like and think are cute. In other words, I would to be able to wear casual girls jeans, tees, cute hoodies, etc... things that are probably super obvious to people that they are girls ones but that there is this guy wearing them .... but that they be ok or not care about that.

For the most part I do do this, but only outside of work and not to certain places (like auto parts stores etc). There is a very cute company sponsored pink blouse that a lot of the women wear at work. I would love to be able to wear that in a meeting, at my desk etc without people thinking I'm weird. I know a lot of people say just do it and don't worry about it, well yes, that's ok outside of work but there are places with it's best to "toe the line". So anyway, yes, is the answer tpo your question, I want to just be a girly guy wearing girls casual clothes without getting stared at. I hardly ever get stared when en femme so what does that tell you?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I guess I'm one of the few who would answer no. It's a lot of work! I also really enjoy being a guy and presenting as one a lot of the time. There's a time and a place for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I assume you mean not presenting as "female" i.e. not wearing a wig and forms, hip padding etc? Just being a girly guy wearing girls' clothes - yes?
    If this were the case the answer is: I might do it more, but still not 24/7.

-Bree

I probably would. I already underdress most of the time, but I would probably still be in jeans or slacks a lot. I'm looking for some sandals and my first shorts in years for this summer. I know I would enjoy the chance to do more with hair and makeup.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I would dress all the time. The only time I would not is due to the weather, if it got below 25 degrees outside, mens clothing is warmer. Also if I was doing something like laying down a roof, I want mens jeans they are thicker and protect me more.

Without any hesitation, ALL of my male wardrobe would be banished to the closet!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Not including, makeup, wigs and forms yes I would. Women's clothing has the variety that I could ear anything from jeans to a dress or skirt. You also have more of a variety in tops from tanks to lolong sleeves in so many more colors. And lets not even get into the shoes lol.
    If it was socially acceptable to be a man and wear a dress I would be satisfied. I think I go all out when dressing because it is easier to blend into what society expects

quoting Bree "I guess I'm one of the few who would answer no. It's a lot of work! "

I'm with you! The couple times a year I really dress works for me, and I look forward to it for a few weeks prior. Otherwise..I'm glad to be a man and dress like one...we mostly have it easy IMO.

It would depend on how I feel at the time and if what I was doing would work with it,like I wouldn't change the oil in my car in a dress or nice blouse.

I'd toss my clothes out tomorrow and dress 24/7 if even tolerance was simply the norm, let alone not caring. Currently, you stand to lose everything you hold dear: family, friends, your SO, job, career, home, EVERYTHING. It's really bad now (unless you're young and transitioned, as a teen), don't forget it.