Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you...

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who would answer no. It's a lot of work! I also really enjoy being a guy and presenting as one a lot of the time. There's a time and a place for everything.
    As usual, I'm with Bree on this one.

Miriam

I already do! Even my work clothes (Dickies and Carhart) are womens. Ok my work boots are mens only because I bought them a while ago. Other than that, any clothes, deodorant, etc I purchase is from the womens dept. In fact, today I was at my local thrift store and decided to browse in the mens section. I honestly felt uncomfortable and found the items blah and drab. I then went over to the ladies section and picked up a nice blouse and yoga top.
    I do try to blend and don't regularly go out all glammed up.

Yes it would be right for me to dress 24/7 as a woman. I have now consider myself as changing clothes instead of dressing. My wardrobe of femme clothes is growing and I love them but can only wear so much at a time. So it would be no problem no matter what people think now.

Guess what also, I have gotten most of my clothes from thrift stores so although I don't know exactly but my clothes have already been worn by a GG.

Tess
    Last edited by Contessa; 04-07-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Aspiring Member

Hi Stephanie

I'll accept your observation. Yes I am an MTF cross dresser.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I'm with Bree as well-no, not for me to dress eveyr day all day. Just dressing whenever I want is my dream.

I'm already working twards that goal... I spend about 4 days a week at the moment. somtimes more somtimes less.

Silver Member
    I probably would if it was more socially acceptable. While I wear women's clothes much of the time, I don't wear overly obvious fem clothes often such as lacy tops or ruffles. If it were acceptable (or not distracting) I would wear more feminine clothes much more often.

If there where no stigma, of any kind, oh yea I would throw out my male clothes in a flash, they don't get that much use any way. As far as too much work, nonsense, to present as a guy, in womens clothes in no more work than presenting as a guy in mens clothing. But on days you feel like it, you could do the make up, wig and forms. The days you don't a pair of skinny jeans and a blouse, your good to go. That would be a dream come true, unfortunately, my dreams never seem to come true.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

This question has been on my mind a lot lately. I think the answer is no. I don't currently have the urge all the time to dress. Sometimes I feel like it, sometimes I don't. Why I've been pondering it a lot lately is because I don't want to be deluding myself. It's all still a bit confusing and the confusion is compounded by not knowing why I like to dress.

I used to think the answer would be yes. Now it is still "yes" but I think it means something different these days. When I started dressing, women around me wore only dresses, skirts and all the associated underwear and that's what I liked doing - and still do. However, if I really had a free choice I think I would exercise the same freedom that modern women have. That would include all the feminine things I so much enjoy - which I would then be able to wear whenever I wanted - but also the option to wear trousers and casual clothes if that would be more appropriate and comfortable for what I wanted to do. I used to marvel at what women did, back in the 50s, while trussed up in girdles, substantial bras, stockings, slips, dresses and skirts, very often for 16 or 18 hours a day. It can't have been easy. Now they dress to suit their activities, occasions and moods and I think I would do the same.

Yes, I would!
    But fair percentage of of the time I do not seem the energy to do so -- I take much better care of my feminine side- skin care, clothes, makeup -- than my male side,

So when i get lazy, I don't feel like doing the work needed to get pretty enough.

Though if it did not matter, I would trade in my laziness to be able to dress every day!

Absolutely I would.i dream of a day when no one cares what you wear.I could be who I am all day

I would, but my definition of "dress 24/7" may not match that of others.

My wife dresses en femme 24/7 because she is a GG. That doesn't mean that she is dressed "to the nines" all that time. She typically wears jeans, a pretty top, polished nails if she wants, and sometimes lipstick if she's going out of the house. That's what I would love to be able to do.

Unfortunately, unless I'm perceived as female, those things on me would elicit a response of "ewwww" from most observers.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I would do it a heck of a lot more than I do now. Maybe I wouldn't wear a gown trying to do construction work around the house or play sports, other than that it would be 24/7 as much as I could. It would be awesome to purge my guy clothes.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca
    would you dress 24/7 if no one would care? lets take all negative aspects of being out of the closet away. would you live as a man, who wears only clothes for women? i don't talk about living as a woman. i only talk about the clothes. or is it only something like a hobby. something you like to do once or twice a week, and even if it would be socially accepted, you would only dress sometimes for fun.
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I would wear female clothing 24/7 if nobody cared, but only if I could preserve the magic I feel by being special and different. In other words, there has to be something to be AGAINST, if only to feel separate, non-conformist, different, and, yes, deviant. It would be no fun at all if I was expected to dress as a female – if everyone accepted me, I would perhaps become more insular and more closeted out of necessity. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I like being secretive, and keeping secrets makes me feel young and somewhat foolish (in a good way, of course)…

I suppose nobody DOES care these days, but there’s always at least one individual standing in the path of progress that makes a mountain out of a molehill. I avoid these people, since they will never understand how interesting life can be, but, in a larger sense, they make me who I am by insisting on conformity – I seek to be unique in my own little way, and that means wearing clothes I’m not supposed to wear. Of course, if I could wear women’s (or girl’s) clothing 24/7, I would not “live my life” as a woman – it’s not in the cards, since I am a male by birth, I’m NOT transgendered, and I’m not willing to get rid of the “boy.” It’s a complex series of issues, hard to explain to outsiders, but never monochromatic in either feelings or intent. In short, I’m glad that the world takes issue with what I do – at least THEY are paying attention…
    [/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Honestly, I don't know. The question has often been in the back of my mind and I am usually willing to dress at almost any time. My initial response would be "Of course I would!" But my experiences of 4-5 days of dressing en femme have resulted in a break or two for several hours to a half a day during the marathon. The biggest problem tends to be shaving and having time for my face to recover. If that was taken care of through laser or electrolysis, maybe the scales would shift a little more toward the pretty things.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I don't think I would dress full time. I am still a guy and I know and love that fact. I do truly love the fact that I have such a strong feminine side as well. So I might end up mixing my wardrobes more. I would still crossdress fully at times and I would still wear mens clothes.
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

I try to limit my female persona to twice a week. Howver if I am performing household duties like cooking cleaning then I love to do the task en femme.

Hi,

Then what im hearing is yes most of you would dress all the time , so then the exitment & thrill would be gone after a time would it not . that being the case then would you stop , because many of you spend so much time getting all dressed up . & would you do that every day all day all the time ,

interesting ? yet would you really do it. so that includes work when you sick & the list goes on . or is it really what you would do.

may be i see clothes a little bit different i wear them every day regardless of what ever, & theres no male to day & may be female to morrow. dont think i could handle that. so i spos ill just stay a woman,

...noeleena...

Noeleena, you ask, would it still be special if you dressed everyday, well I dress more days than I don't, and it's never gotten old, it's never gotten tiering, and yes, I still feel good, just being in womens clothes. I don't see the change being that big, if I'm doing yard work, or things that are dirty jobs, why not do it in a pair of female jeans, instead of mens, or a pair of cute shorts, instead of mens. Dressing in womens clothing goes way beyond, just skirts or dresses. I have blouses that you would have to look at twice, before you knew it was not a mans shirt. as I read the original post, presenting as male, but in womens clothes, might not excite me, but it would not diminish the feeling of getting to that skirt and blouse, or dress, when the time is right.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    I would absolutely dress 24/7, but as a woman. If it were socially acceptable, I'd go the whole distance.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Ha!!! If NO ONE CARED what I was wearing ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I would and I would be so much happier just to put on a cute pair of capris and a embellished top and head out for the day, however I would grow my hair a bit longer so as to look a bit more feminine.
    I don't think I would wear dresses or skirts all that often, but jeans, bermudas, capris, and all the wonderful, colorful soft tops I could, yes, yes yes.

This is what I want is to feel good about being me, and clothes can make you feel good no matter who you are, Otherwise why would a woman want to spend all the extra time and money if it does not make her feel better about herself. This is what I want, ABSOLUTELY!!!!
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want