Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Damn Tall :(

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Sorry for your dilema Anne, if it helps you look far younger than 42. While being 5'6" does help more for passibility purposes in my case, having size 11-12 womens feet really looks kind of awkward on my shorter frame. Also one side rant for being short in male mode, I lost count of the number of times GG's were turned off with me during my single days because they found a short guy to be a turn off, not that it matters at this point.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Okay that's it!!

I'm going to shut my mouth, that wasn't funny, sorry..
    Last edited by Marleena; 04-10-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: dumb

Hmmm...a lot of people "hate" me because I'm "tall and skinny." I just can't relate. I guess I'm 5'10", which is a bit different. But, I'm 6'1"-6'2" in my favorite style of heels. I see it as other people's problem...not mine.

P.S. I look better in skirts and heels than people with stumpy legs Damn my life!!!
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Aspiring Member
    THE BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING TALL AS A MAN:

As a guy, you get a certain amount of respect, whether you deserve it or not.
    Its easy to change light bulbs, reach the top shelf in the kitchen and in the shops.
    Comes in real handy playing first base, as well as the usual questions about basketball.
    You can always see over the crowd, especially a mostly Asian crowd.
    Easier to trim the trees, clean the gutters, and all that other "fun" stuff around the house.

tHE WORST THINGS ABOUT BEING TALL AS A MAN:

Beds are often too short. Also couches are terrible for taking a nap.
    Bumping your head on so many things made for small people. (bus railings, airport scanners, door jams, tree branches etc.)
    Being constantly asked to get things from upper shelves in kitchens and shops.
    Getting into, and at my age especially, getting out of cars that are getting smaller and smaller, while the population gets bigger and bigger.
    Buying hats (male or female) when your head is proportionate to your height.

THE BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING TALL AS A CROSSDRESSER:

Can't think of any.

THE WORST THINGS ABOUT BEING TALL AS A CROSSDRESSER:

Very difficult to find clothing, especially dresses.
    Almost impossible to not be noticed.
    Reading comments about "lots of tall women out there", "just wear flat heels and clothes that mask your height" "it all depends on your confidence and attitude" etc.

Yes, there is good and bad about being tall. Being somewhere between 6' 3' to 6' 4" depending upon how well my 73 year old body is holding up on any given day, I fully understand the dilemma facing a tall crossdresser. I don't believe that very many of us can truly pass, if that is our wish, regardless of our height, but many of us would simply like to not stand out like the proverbial thumb. And maybe the opportunity to wear those big stiletto heels is one of the things we really enjoy about crossdressing. Of all the features that can cause us to be read, I believe that height is right behind facial hair and somewhat ahead of a protruding Adam's apple, large hands and broad shoulders. Facial hair is largely a matter of choice, so that would elevate height to number 1, and the other features can be somewhat masked by clothing choices. I have seen a number of 6' foot or taller women, but few of them have been anywhere near my 240 lb. or so weight. Yes there are lots of women of that weight, but mostly much shorter than 6'.

I have written a number of postings here and elsewhere mentioning my height as a limiting factor on my ability to go out as freely as some, and as easily as I might wish. These comments are usually met by the usual "stop worrying, quit complaining, boo hoo" type comments, but I am simply stating facts and not griping about anything. I like being tall. As a child, I was a late bloomer, height wise, and was also a year ahead of most of my classmates. Therefore most of my school days were spent as one of the little guys, always picked to be at the top of the pyramid in gym classes, and yes bullied to some extent. Growing well over 6 foot, brought a great relief to me, as I was now looked up to. A few years ago, while on vacation, I was waiting for an elevator, and a guy who must have been about 6' 6", came up to me, shook my hand and said "another normal person, great to meet you"

Long tall Veronica

Has anyone else noticed something about buying clothes in department stores--say T-shirts or undershorts? They always put the small ones on the top shelf where the small guys can't reach them, and they put the XL ones on the bottom shelf where the big guys have to break their backs to get at them. Seems like they'd cop on that the other way around would be better for everybody.

Silver Member
    I don't even need to read you're post Anne. You're 6'4" ... I'm 6'3" I have NEVER... EVER had an issue

And for the record, I have met a few women in public at my eye-line. I don't think they have any issues either

a bit nutty
    Anne, the good news is that as we age we tend to get shorter. I WAS around 6'2", but now I'm 6'1" and 42 as well. Tall sucks I agree, but aside from some form of horrific amputation there ain't much we can do about it.

If it's worth anything, being taller usually means long legs. THAT, my friend is sexy regardless of height.

Ginger

Height is an overrated "tell"... hand size/shape, foot size/shape, broad shoulders/torso and the middle of your face are at least as important. that being said, being 6'4 is usually gonna mean big hands and feet..

If you are crossdressing, you just have to deal with it when you are out...very few pass totally, so if its your height catching you up, then so be it...own it as part of your look, and look your best..... long fashions look especially great on tall girls...

If you are thinking about transition, then its a bit different..you will have to get over yourself and realize that just like all the other 6'4 girls, your height will get you noticed..end of story...and getting to the point of where you don't notice or care anymore is just another of the many hurdles of transition...at 6'2 i know...for you the hurdle would be a little higher....in fact, 2" higher...

I would say in my daily out and abouts, i see a woman taller than me every other day.

I suck at basketball. I have a vertical leap of ..... INCHES!!! And I'm not talking a whole lot of them, either. My shot clanks more than swishes (I have dresses for that), and I can't dribble very well, especially with my left hand. Oh well, at least I'm only 5' 9", so I'm on the outside cusp of "not too tall" for passing as a woman. Hey, that's at least 6' in heels, and that's enough. So I get why you feel that way. I like you anyway.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Anne,

I agree. I'm 6'3" and my height was always the reason I decided not to transition--twice. But it doesn't stop me from going out when I can because it helps when I do.

I just loooove to attach these images, here is a 6'4'' without the hills that is! And no this is not your average super model GG, she walked the same path we had!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    , here is a 6'4'' without the hills that is!
    She appears to have very nice hills.

Oh! you meant heels. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist it)

Veronica

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    Has anyone else noticed something about buying clothes in department stores--say T-shirts or undershorts? They always put the small ones on the top shelf where the small guys can't reach them, and they put the XL ones on the bottom shelf where the big guys have to break their backs to get at them. Seems like they'd cop on that the other way around would be better for everybody.
    When building a pile, you always put the big things on the bottom, and the smallest things on top. That must be their logic.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica27 View Post
    She appears to have very nice hills.

Oh! you meant heels. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist it)

Veronica
    There is that foreign syndrome steel surfacing occasionally, butt I hope I didn't make a "dam us" of my shelf! but then....................

Silver Member
    I'm 5'11'' 1/2 barefoot and much higher in My heels---I've always been really attracted to tall (taller than me) ladies either GG or TG----one of the most attractive cd's Ive ever dated is 6'7" in heels (about 6'3" without)---My problem has been I've found it hard to find taller ladies to date
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Anne, Dittos here!! I am six foot six, and I hate the constant attention to it, too, and have had no success finding a tall single woman near my age 0f 57! Very tall women are far more numerous in Europe I am told, but, where i have lived, extremely few tall single ones. A lot of tall married ones, sigh. I would definitely go out dressed more, if I were 10 inches shorter, but I stick out like a sore thumb, at six foot nine in heels. Only from a hundred feet away , maybe. I feel your pain, and also love to shoot baskets.

Aspiring Member
    Anne, What is too tall?
    Diane Elizabeth

Tall? What's tall and I am in your ball park..everyone i talk to about height says we are the same height laying down!!

Aspiring Member
    6'-4" here also that is not the reason I don't venture out, my voice is deep that soon as I would say something everyone would know I was male. I still dress and go out for drives or under-dress and wear makeup with sun glasses when I go grocery shopping. I know one of these days I will say the h*ll with it and go out and about as the person I wish I were.

Hi.

No matter what we think is our issue i have a few , yet when we allow that or those issues to rule us we fail because we let our selfs down , the comments yes i understand that , i allso understand we have good points about us ,

what about all those other details good points about you that you have dont they stand for some thing or are they all thrown out because of one as you see it a fail point,

as iv said i have a lot they come up & yes they get me down at times & i feel hurt get very embarrist & wont to hide away,

You know what it is a struggle . now do i let that stop myself , had i, i would not be where i am now .

You have your issues i have mine , we must not stop being who we are we must not just lay down & die . we have to press on & live as though those issues are ether worked through or left behind .

Yes its a day to day detail , my point is i have been accepted & its despite of my issues its ether over looked or does not enter in to our relasionships that i have with people,

I refuse to let it stop myself being who i am or stop what i do . we have to & i know some of us dont , accept our selfs regardless of our issues,

You know in our training were trained to look straight ahead not to the left or right because we would fall down so we keeped going, train your mind to not be beaten by that issue,

...noeleena...

I always say 5'12" it sound better. It has really caught on I have friends that say 5'14"

most of the time folks don't notice. They hear the 5'... and don't pay attention