Thread: What drives me to dress.

What drives me to dress.

Got up this morning and it was a rare Saturday off. Laying in bed and asked the wife what she was doing. She was going shopping for Easter lunch at our house tomorrow. I am not much of a shopper so thought since it was such a nice day i would go and open our summer cabin. I went to my drawer and put on a pair of panties, black pantyhose a push up bra and my jeans and a sweat top and packed a skirt a slip and a fem sweater and a pair of heels. I was leaving the house and she turned to me and said, be careful, you know what i mean don't you. I said yes and off i went, when i got on the highway i took off my jeans and sweat top and put on the slip and skirt and the fem sweater and my 5 inch heels, i looked down at my legs and the sun was shining on them and i could feel the heat on the pantyhose, WOW! what a feeling. The cabin is about a hour and a half drive mostly on highway and some country roads. I was about a hour into the drive and so relaxed just being dressed and enjoying the ride and almost forgetting that i was dressed like that, and all at once i look down and think to myself, look at me i am dressed in women's cloths. I think to myself i am happy to be a man, a husband and father and what am i doing dressed like this. I think back at the morning, i got up and put on women's panties ,pantyhose and a bra in front of my wife and now i have been driving for an hour dressed in women's cloths. WHAT DRIVE'S ME TO DO THIS. When i was younger it was e#%tic and se#*al to dress, now i just feel comfortable just to be dressed like this and feel almost a comfort zone just being dressed. I get to the cabin clean it up from the winter and make a coffee and sit on the deck being careful because we have a lot of friends and family who also have cabins there. Again i look down at myself and ask the same question, why i am i dressed in women's cloth? I can never pass as a women, and don't want to, so what drives me to go through all this and what make's me want to dress like this. My question to you is have you ever looked at yourself and think, What am i doing wearing women's cloths? Even though i had these feelings i still drove home dressed and got home and asked my wife, are you sure your ok with me dressing in women's cloth. She said she was ok with it and said she knows how much i enjoy it. Did any of you get these feeling before?
    Last edited by Maria 60; 04-08-2012 at 12:43 AM.

hi i new to crossdressing. evrey time i put a dress on and look in the mirror i take it for and put it away again. why do we do it .and at 6 foot 1 and 19 stone i will never pass as awomen so why .

I get these feelings sometimes too. I will never be able to pass, wish I could, but it will never happen. Usually these feeling for me are brought on by seeing a attractive girl in real life or on tv and thinking I would love to be with her. In the past when Ive had a gf I didn't dress and was alright with it, but being single I feel the need to dress quite often. When i'm in my "everyday" life, dressing gives me a major stress relief that not many things can give me. Usually when I get the questioning feelings I will go for 1 or 2 months without dressing.

I find dressing so enjoyable, the feeling of becoming a womenis wonderful. But dressing and being with a man heightens the feeling of being feminine so much more for me.

Aspiring Member
    I know exactly what you mean but I cannot stop either. Nor do I want to. When that thought enters my mind I just close my eyes and revel in the intimacy of the silk and nylons, knowing deep down this is who I am.
    The comfort and completeness when I'm dressed outweigh most anything negative.

I can't explain it either. For most of the last 20 years I get up in the morning put on a bra and a panty and oh so natural doing it. My bras are cleavage enhancing size 44"D" and help make some nice cleavage.(see the link below) Then nylon stockings, a lacy cami (some days a ladies tank or a tee shirt) ladies boot cut jeans or elastic waist pants and a feminine top. I don't try to pass, I just like womens clothing better than mens. I have been fitted in my choice of bra and that type of bra is all I buy. I believe ladies clothing is fun and it's exciting to go to the store and spend a couple of hours looking, touching and trying on things you might want to buy and wear. My wife knows what I have for womens clothing and has watched me put on my lingerie in the morning. I sit here at 6:20 AM just in my bra and panty, I feel very comfortable doing it.
    Last edited by serinalynn; 04-08-2012 at 06:32 AM.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

For me when it is just the way I feel most comfortable, Do I ever ask myself why I do it? Sure I do. Do I have a good answer. Nope. It is just what I like. Every person is differant. This is what I like. Most of the time I just enjoy it and try not to analyze the why's.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Ya ever think that alot of chix that dress just dress becuz its TABOO ,, Not all of want to pass an are happy as hell to just try an get away with doing somthing wrong ? An its wrong in the eyes of others ,,But not wrong enough to be breaking the law just wrong in a society sense ,, Not unlawful sense . So just keep breaking the norm cuz if your happy were happy . Just drive baby drive !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Ah, the unanswerable question we all ponder. After 15 years or so of CDing I just don't really care anymore. I no longer look for the answer. People I meet ask the question, and I have no satisfactory answer. Wish I had a nice compact one sentance reply that would help others to understand. I don't need an answer, others do. I'm just happy the folks here and my Flickr friends all know there is no answer and simply accept me as I am.[/SIZE]

This is the EASIEST one yet . Ugly man , Pretty woman . GET IT !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Maria, I've asked myself that question so many times in my life, I must of spent the better part of 20 years wonder why do I do this. I've neve felt like I would be comfortable in public, I know I will never fool anyone into thinking I'm a women. So why do I have this enormus wardrobe, Because years ago I found it's not about how I feel when I dress, Which I love by the way, it's about how I feel if I don't.
    When ever I've stopped dressing for any lenght of time, I find myself getting sullen, then angry at the world, then depressed and miserable, I give up and give in, and after a day or two, I'm a fun person to be around, I'm a happy go lucky guy. So I'll hide from my kids and the neighbors, but I won't stop dressing again.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi Maria, while I am dressing and then fully dressed the the thought never crosses my mind. Sometimes when in drab I wonder the attraction. But ultimately I have learned to accept it is just a part of who I am. It is part of what makes me whole. I love when I can be Tangi but also enjoy my male self. There is no rhyme or reason, it just is. Enjoy your time!

Ah yes, the never ending struggle. I too get that same question asked to myself from time to time - What are you doing dressed like this?? However, the answer is just what you have stated - It just all makes sense and feels comfortable.

Aspiring Member

We dress for a sense of completeness

That statement paints with a very broad brush but it applies to me and probably to most of us here. Completeness in that there is a sense of serenity, beauty, or something lacking that dressing provides. The list in the prior sentence is not exhaustive.

Trying too hard to analyze the feeling is, to me at least, like trying to analyze why a sunset is so striking, why a flower is beautiful, or any similar emotion. These are emotions, not quantifiable or rational thoughts. I enjoy dressing at home, I go out in relatively andro-type garments but they are fem. I also always under-dress. This is a part of me just as much as the color of my eyes.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

For me I agree with Aylineira 100%

well dear, I guess I decided long ago to stop trying to figure out just why I loved to indulge my feminine persona, and just enjoy it!
    the higher the heels, the closer to heaven.

I never ask why. I'm just happy to be able to dress with my wifes okey.And I love the leg shot in your avatar Maria.
    Angie

If you find the answer you will me made president of the phychiatists association. Nobody knows.

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    Why is this important to you? Is it just mere curiosity?

I only ask myself this question when I'm in distress. Otherwise I wouldn't care! One of my favourite pass times is to spend the late night watching random youtube videos and I usually watch it while snacking on some fruits until I feel like sleeping. But these days I've added a twist to my repertoire by dressing up into Sarah while doing it.

I love having some long bangs obstructing my view from time to time, it gives me excuse tuck the hair away while gently combing it with my fingers. I love crossing my legs in the most feminine manner while rubbing moisturizing lotion over it. I love laughing like a girl when I come across something funny. Every now then I would walk out to the kitchen to get more fruits/snacks in my lingerie. And when its time to sleep, I turn off my computer and prepare for bed. I stand in front of the mirror one last time to make sure I'm not putting on too much weight (a girl's gotta watch her weight ya know). Then shrug my shoulder while pinching the flabby bits on my tummy. lol. I sleep in lingerie without asking why, how, or when did I become like this.

All I know is that it feels right, and the only question I asked myself was,

[size=5]"What took me so long?"[/size]

love,
    Sarah
    Last edited by sarahcsc; 04-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.