Thread: Does spending money on clothes make you dress more?

Does spending money on clothes make you dress more?

I couldn't even tell you how much I spent on dressing up. Glasses, Wigs, Makeup, Jewelry and clothes. Lots of clothes.

I like to think that I am not spending on impulse, but rather trying to have a complete wardrobe. I want to have the luxury of being able to dress like a women, whatever the situation is be it working in the yard, a night on the town or a trip to Wal-Mart.

The guy side of my wardrobe is good. I have lots of guy clothes I've never worn. I also have lots of girl clothes I've never worn.

Which brings me to my point. I didn't buy lots of girl clothes to motivate me to dress more, but it certainly has I have lots of stuff I haven't worn yet, but I certainly plan to.

What say you?
    man, i feel like a woman

Couldn't help but immediately think "no" - it's as if dressing more makes me spend more money on clothes - Recently, I had the house to myself for almost a week and found that I had enough clothes for a different outfit every day (though probably still need a few more bras - see what I mean?). And I just bought my first pair of leather sandals ever (male or female) these with a slight heel, and a pair of shorts so that I can dress for the season as summer comes on.

Is it a cart and a horse or a chicken and egg question - I'm not sure!
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

For sure NO. Spending does not make me want to dress more. I shop because I need an item for my wardrobe or a particular event, I don't shop to fill my closet and create a need to wear the clothes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar
    I would have to say no aswell.

While yes I did go out and buy a fair bit of clothing yesterday, it certainly hasnt made me dress more. I can still only really fully dress at night. I do have more choices when I do dress though.

No it does not motivate me to dress more, I shop just because the mood hits me. I buy whatever catches my eye, often finding when I get home, I have nothing that goes with it. And it's not unusual when out shopping, buying four or five tops at one time. Sometimes they will hang in the closet for months before I get around to wearing them. Oh, and when nothing goes with something I've bought, it has been known to hang there with the tags still on it, for a year or more before I come across what I want with it. It's always fun, on a good day, to reach into the closet and pull out a brand new blouse that you've never worn before, and create a whole new look.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Nope, for me it's the opposite -- wanting to dress and go out drives me to shop for appropriate clothes for the occasion. I don't really like spending money at all, but I still seem to do it a lot!

- Diane

As I age the urge to dress enfemme has grown, the amount pf my buying femmy things is not a factor.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Well, when I was closeted I would buy stuff just to have it when I could get away with it, but now that I am out in the open, I try not to buy something unless I actually plan to wear it in public, so I guess for me yes, because if I spend money on clothes it's going into the regular rotation at least, which means it's adding to the times I dress. And if I buy something new that I really like I'll wear it a lot so my dressing increases for sure.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Well, I would have to say it would depend on my motivation at the time. I'm like a woman when it comes to being frugal but, hey, I learned that from my wife. I may bring 5 dresses or outfits home but probably at least 3 of them would go back due to making me look fat or whatever. Ain't easy being a woman or to even emulate one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think yes and no. I seem to change more. Like the sun is up so I'll wear a sun dress. It's afternoon and cocktail time so out comes the cocktail dress. Or we'll clean the house and I'm not doing it in my nitie so I put on jeans and when were done I change again. Maybe I should dress more and I'll change less. I seem to make loads of laundry either way!