Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dresses???

Home Business Executive mellisa's Avatar

dresses???

I have been dressing for years and years, mostly in skirts and tops. Now all of a sudden I just love dresses!!! Can't see enough or wear enough or buy enough. It's like a dress is the "ultimate" in femininity! Like being in a skirt and pink top doesn't count. Does anyone else feel like this?
    best when dressed for the office

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I normaly dress in a skirt and top day to day casual wear. I wear dresses more in the summer, I think because they are gereraly lighter and more floaty than skirts. I agree dresses feel more femine on the right occasion.

Mellisa,i'm the same after years and years of pencil skirts and blouses,my wardrobe is now filling up with gorgeous dresses.I have to pay for one now on ebay a lovely cerise dress.

Nikki

I'm the same too, Mellisa. Partly it was that I couldn't get dresses to fit until I had my own seamstress. Now I hardly ever wear my skirts, though I have a couple of very feminine old favorites.
    Lisa

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    I love dresses too! But mainly because I thought it was very tricky (and a hassle sometimes) to find a right combination of tops and bottoms. But I try to maintain a mix of clothing so I don't get bored! :P

I agree with you! I to wear skirts a lot, but the dress is very special to me! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hi,

I have a few dress's 9 , i much prefer skirts as i dont have to rework them . i quite like makeing my own any way, for our groups i have about 16 now & more to make , as for day wear, skirts are my thing.

The one i have just done is black low neckline not too low, & sleveless & i put a green panel down the sides & a hem around the bottom& lace to finish it off, thats for our Edwardian night comeing up next week end the Titanic rememberance & a 50's look for a weekend in Sydney in may comeing. ( Austraila ) Katoomba.

...noeleena...

Wait..... I thought women's jeans were the ultimate in femininity? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I always prefer dresses . They are what I'm naturally looking for when I want something new. To me they seem to be the most feminine items to wear and I love the sensual feel of a lovely soft dress. I do have some skirts and tops as well but 90% of the time I will put on one of my selection of dresses.

love dresses very fem
    hugs
    Ronda

Just spent Easter Sunday in a mint green floral dress from Coldwater Creek. It was light and airy (calf length) with fluff cap sleeves. The white heels were a perfect match. I looked good (if I do say so myself). Made me feel in the season.
    joank
    Southern California

Silver Member
    Depending on the event and weather, a dress can be the perfect choice! So nice to be in a soft, free flowing summer dress to attend a garden party or wedding. IMO usually a skirt and top/blouse is more of a business attire.

Silver Member
    Dresses seem to be the ultimate outfit to be a woman. So feminine. Plus they can be so pretty especially the southern belle look. I just wish we could wear them all the time.

Silver Member
    I totally love dresses, I have skirts and tops, but dresses are where I feel the best

Skirts and blouses I have had though only a few. I thought a dress would be great so I consulted size charts and ordered a lovely white clingy party dress.

Alas it didn't fit. The dress and a number of other items are going to Good Will.

Vieja

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I love dresses! For me, skirts and tops are too hard to match up to look right, while dresses do a better job for me in creating a decent-looking shape.

Dresses are great, but it's so much harder to find well-fitting ones! The skirt and top approach can be much easier to fit with different sizes on top and bottom. But when you find that great dress that flatters your shape it can be amazing!

It's easier for me with female jeans, skirts & tops. My favorites are cargo skirts.

Years ago, I had a great collection of dresses, But over the years I ended up with a closet full of skirts and blouses, Capri's and Jeans. But last Christmas, I decided I wanted a dress, I only had one left, that I had not worn in a long time. So My wife bought me two for Christmas, and since then I've gotten another for my birthday, now if it would just warm up enough to wear them! You just can't find a dress in this town, so I'm buying on line, so far so good.
    Dresses are simple, just have to match shoes and jewelry, and your ready to go. Light cool and flirty, I lover dresses!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    I think we crossdressers are typically searching to show the stereotypical woman, not the real world woman. Basically, the June Cleaver woman. As such, dresses fit the mold quite well. Add to that, the typical males inability to mix and match outfits: "Honey, does this shirt go with these pants?" makes a dress a more comfortable "outfit." While I love dresses as well, I have been gravitating to skirts and tops lately as a more real world look and a better way to blend. Even my choice in dresses is becoming more casual.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Mellisa,
    Like you, I also went years with mostly skirts and tops and then last fall bought a couple of dresses one day and then went on to buy a lot more. Yes, with the right dress, comes more "femininity", but I found it was much easier than trying to find a top to go with a skirt.
    Rachael

Makeup addict!
    Definitely! To me, the dress is the best part because it's just so feminine and creative!

Platinum Member
    I love wearing dresses, but find that I have so few opportunities. I try hard to blend in, dressing like other women, which means that most of the time I'm in casual tops, jeans, shorts or crop pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wait..... I thought women's jeans were the ultimate in femininity? Lol.
    Correction aren't pajama jeans the hottest sellers since the hula hoop? lol.

Nothing says arrival like a nice tight dress to bring out the cd in you.