Thread: meeting up with an ex (warning, long)

meeting up with an ex (warning, long)

So, a couple of months ago, i had written a post that i was going to meet up with an ex of mine who knew about my dressing, and that i would be meeting up with her while dressed. Well, due to circumstances beyond the control of both of this has yet to be able to happen. Well, it now seems that these circumstances have been resolved and at some point later in the month, i will finally be able to meet up with her completely dressed! We are both a bit excited about this, as we really havent seem each-other in several years, even though the relationship ended amicably. My wife is fine with me meeting up with her as is my ex's husband...my only problems are now: Where would be a good place to meet up at and what should i wear? lol

That's a long post? lol (you haven't seen mine).

Anyway, coffee at a café? Dinner at a restaurant? Dress casual.
    Reine

I think that this is something to discuss with your ex. What would she like to do?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Maybe a nice lunch date!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Oooh! My enternal jealousy meter would be going through the roof if my husband went to lunch with an ex! What a great and understanding wife you have! She's a keeper, for sure!!!

I agree with Reine, casual dress with a sit down over coffee chat. Sometimes when you go eat, the wait staff can tend to rush you so that they can turn tables to make more money. It doesn't leave too much time for talking and catching up when that happens. Hope you have fun!

I dare not, but I have fantasized more than once about the scenario you describe (except my ex has no clue about the CDing). Knowing us though, it would prolly turn x-rated.

Platinum Member
    I'd go for a coffee shop or restaraunt and dress casually as well.

Silver Member
    Yeah. Casual. Coffee? Dress casual too. Jeans and a nice top. Plan plenty of time so you don't feel rushed.

DON'T dress like a 17 year old. Don't dress like a hooker. And don't dress like you are going to a play.

S

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Yeah. Casual. Coffee? Dress casual too. Jeans and a nice top. Plan plenty of time so you don't feel rushed.

DON'T dress like a 17 year old. Don't dress like a hooker. And don't dress like you are going to a play.

S

I agree with Stephenie, Go casual as possible, even a knee length skirt would be OK.
    An for a place to go????..... Well there is always Ronald's House. LOL
    Maybe bring your wife along, that way she can see that it is just a "Hello" type
    of get together.
    Rader

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Again, let me start by saying the same thing I usually do.....I don't have an ex, so i am qualified to talk aobut this, and I will...

Really, I can understand the desire to meet someone in public. I don't know much about your public outings to date, so this may be a new thing. An amicable separation provides you with someone who knows you and accepted you once, and may make you feel so much more comfortable doing this. I can understand this desire,so after the initial shock as to WHY IN THE WORLD? It makes some sense.

The girls who have gone out (again not me) have given you good advice, and i wish you luck, and I do hope you can include your current wife. Have you gone out with her? Maybe after coffee, you go back and take your wife out and do something nice with her just to make sure she feels included in your experience, because it is her experience also.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    First of all, why not bring your wife to lunch as well? Do you need to go without your wife?

As far as dress: be appropriate and then be classy as heck in which ever genre you choose. Even dressing casually, there is casual and there is casual!

tina

Silver Member
    Start with a walk in the park and if it goes well then coffee or lunch then ice cream in the afternoon or a little shopping. Time will go quickly.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Who got the get together started in the first place. It should really be their choice as to where you are going unless it was decided that you were going to choose. In any case be prepared for a nice place that is comfortable and not noisy, it so hard to talk in a noisy restaurant. Also it should be close to some boutique so you two can do some girl bonding with a little shopping.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt