Thread: Does This Forum Make You Glad Or Sad?

Unhappy Does This Forum Make You Glad Or Sad?

Hello everyone,

I have been a member of this forum since April. I have had a lot of fun making up my own threads and reading other people's replies and threads. But I have noticed over the past few weeks my participation on the forum has declined quite a bit and I have been trying to figure out why.

It is not because of a lack of interest in dressing. If anything, that desire has been burning brighter than ever. Now hardly a day goes by without me getting pretty dressed up, much more than I used to. It is often all I find myself thinking about.

Nor is it because of any change in the forum or hostile or unpleasant behavior here. This remains one of the most positive, supportive sites I have ever found and believe me I have looked.

In fact, I think it is because I have "met" so many wonderful people here, most specially Erica, Katie Lee, Madilyn, Jennifer_PH, Charlotte, Tristen, Rachel (WacotxGurl), and too many others to mention. "Meeting" you all and having this as a support has been truly wonderful. It has greatly reduced the isolation I have felt here in Montana. In this respect the forum has made me very glad.

The other side of the same coin, however, is that I have not really met any of you. And given my physical isolation, the chances of doing that are almost non-existent. Even if we were to meet, our distant residences would make it very difficult to have a true on-going friendship. This aspect of the forum makes me sad.

I fear the sad has been outweighing the glad lately. It would be so much fun, for example, to call Erica up and plan a girl's day or night out get-together, just to chat and unwind with someone who knows what I am going through and shares my interests. Erica lives about 900 miles away from me. Kind of limits spur-of-the-moment get-togethers.

I don't mean to bring anyone down but these are thoughts that have been on my mind. When are they going to perfect that human instant transporter they have been promising us since Star trek days?

Jenny (trying her bi-polar best to make sense of it all)
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Jenny,
    I can understand the sadness you feel from being isolated from everyone.I have felt the same way and although having the support from everyone not being able to see all of your pretty faces in person is frustrating. I mean because of you I was able to find some great ladies who have given me insight and found someone who gave me the courage to make that big step of going out into the public world.I have been closeted for far too long. Maybe someday we will need to have a reunion in some central location lol.I don't know but having the continuing love and support will work for now

prisscilla
    funny how that works
    but I for one have felt the very same type feelings as yourserlf
    though I have not spoken with anyone personally on this forum
    witht the exception of a few pm's I have sent out
    I still feel like Im in the north pole at times
    not because of you all ,you all are truly a godsend in my mind
    anyway
    I couldnt have said it better than you Jenny ,
    sometimes its like this place reads my mind
    the great thing is
    sometimes all I have to do is be willing to sit back and wait for the next reply
    and voila theres aan answer

as a new and grateful member to this forum , my mind has at times wandered and said
    wouldnt it be fantrastic if we all (the forums constituants)could be together inna place perhaps a friday night out somewhere together
    but then the imagination is a wonderful place
    somethings are better left to the imagination
    sheree said that
    anyshow
    thanks for this post
    smiles
    prisscilla

What are real estate prices like in Montana? I'll move. Maine is not exactly the world center for Cding either. I can truly understand your feeling of isolation. I get that a lot too.

But that's all another subject. This forum gladdens my heart because I know now that there are a lot of other girls out there who are going thru all the ups and downs of CDing just as I am. Finally there is a place where we can exchange "Radar Love". within a wonderful group of our own. Of course, I am saddened by some of the "down" posts but almost without exception when I check back some one has offered up some positive support for the "damsel in distress". That's the next best thing to actually getting together in person.

LoL, Lawren

I know what you mean. I'm sure there are more of us here where I am, but I still feel like I'm the only one around most times. Of course it would be great to be able to hang out with the others we meet here, but at least we do know each other. That definitely makes me feel happy.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Vallari (Goddess) ;)

Unhappy Isolation = Desperation

Believe me, you're not alone Jenny! I too have meet people here that I'd love to hang out with whenever possible. It is frustrating knowing the person is on the other side of the country or world in some cases . It would be cool to have some sort of get together somewhere, but for now I guess we'll have to keep hoping! Maybe someone can start a site where you can talk over microphones and see eachother via webcams; where whole groups of people can have discussions, etc. Im not sure how that would work, but If I find any leads you all will be the first to know!! It is lonely and sad at times, but good things come those who wait and are patient! Keep hoping for that unexpected business trip that takes u through the city one of your frinds lives in!

It's Lonely in Chicago Too

Believe me, Jenny, you don't have to live in Montana to be isolated! For me, this forum is like a lifeline. We all have our ways of dealing with the desire to dress. Although I love to go out and about as Windy, she's always alone. So this forum is one of the few ways I have of making a connection with others who share the same feelings. I suppose that's one reason why I started my internet advice column. I love to get emails from girls who have practical questions about clothes, makeup, etc. Sharing my experiences with them makes me feel like a big sister. Ask Windy

Unhappy sorry to hear that

Hi Jenny sorry to hear that you are on a bit of downer at the moment.
    I to know how you are feeling over here you may as well be in the north pole.
    Please if you are feeling down do get in touch by pm or on yahoo if I'm on .
    Hope you feel better about it soon .Take care of yourself Jenny your friend Katie
    take care girls

carolynhcd

Jenny, you have to understand that we are all always alone in life, no matter what gender or orientation. I too dream of the utopia where we all live together and nobody judges us.Yes, it's sad but we have each other. That is so much more than other girls like us have. I would be open to a convocation of girls from this site, i would love to meet you and spend a week getting to know all of you Anyway, I just needed for you to know that we are all out here for you. Love, Carolyn

Departed
    Jenny,

Just the other day I posted a "what the hell am I doing dressing as a girl" post. It was the culmination of over a month of burning the candle at both ends coupled with repressing my dressing up. This girl was stressed out!

[size=3]Yesterday was better and today I'm back to my old self.[/size]

[size=5]Whoohoo![/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    So don't be too hard on yourself trying to figure out all the ups and downs. That's life! Just think how boring it would be if we were always on or off about something and never wavered.
    So appreciate all you have. You are an intelligent girl with lots of class and a great personality. That's a pretty good start! Add to that all you have that others don't and you're a pretty lucky girl.
    As to meeting others why not plan on attending one of the events that are held each year. There's several great ones that range from a few days to an entire week. Now that gives me an idea. Check out my next post and you'll see what it is.
    Now take one of these and call me in the morning!
    Julie

I recall on another thread when somebody claimed that CDing was a very private, special, personal thing for them (and incidentally was definitely sexually oriented).

I guess that is the case for many of us.

How many of us really want to get together and have nights out or coffee mornings, or whatever?

I have found a degree of inner peace since I joined this forum, just knowing that even though we are (most of us) alone, we are all joined up by this wondeful thing called the internet. I have been able to express my views and open my inner thoughts to strangers (because I haven't met them) who are also friends (through the ether) and that is just wonderful, comforting, supportive, confidence building, all those things. But I recognise that it is my private fantasy world that would never stand the test of meeting any of you sweet girls face to face.

There is clearly a whole spectrum of CDers out there, with a huge range of expectations. I feel so sorry for any of you who are sad because you can't get together.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Tristen Cox

Red face Not so far...

Jenny,

I am not sad, but yes I too feel what you are saying. The fact that we can't just call each other up and go out makes me feel isolated too. I have wanted to meet many of you all, especially you Jenny, though as you said the miles that divide us are great in number.
    Prior to this summer I had not communicated with anyone period relating to crossdressing. You all are the first to ever see or hear me as Tristen. I am soo happy I found this site. After years in total secrecy it feels great sharing things with all my new friends here.
    The ladies I have talked to privately here have been absolutely wonderful and friendly.

Some of us should try to plan a trip to one of those yearly events, or create our own at some location for a week.

Anyhow my point is we are just a click away by internet, here we can meet, exchange, and be around like minded people who share our common interests.
    I don't feel so far away anymore thanks to all of you lovely beautiful souls.

My love to you Jenny,
    you're not really so far... inside

carolynhcd

Jenny, you know I, we, all care about you and each other. Of course it would be wonderful if we could all vacation together on the flying island of Laputia (see "Gulliver's Travels"). Tristen, do you know the story of Tristan and Isoulte? One of the greatest love stories in western literature. Look, we're not doing too badly, right? We've got each other and that's so much more than I had last year or last decade or last whatever. I know that we all feel down from time to time, maybe we do have our time of the month. But isn't what we have here soooo amazing compared to the isolation we all felt before we tumbled down the rabbit hole into this amazing site? Julie, once again, thank you so much for sustaining us. Jenny, you give me hope and thank you for the most interesting thread starters. Tristen, your comments are always so right from the heart I have to think your heart is as big as the western sky. And all you, my sisters, I thank you for being so up front and right there with your own thoughts and your hearts. love, Carolyn

joannablake

greetings

Hey girls I cant agree with you more everything everyone has said on this thread is right on. I know when I first came on this site I was amazed at how everyone welcomed me into the family. I appreciate this site and all you wonderful ladies.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    This forum makes me glad. The number of times I post depends on what's going on here. I usually try to say hello to all the new girls. I reply to topics that I find interesting. Sometimes there are topics that I would normally reply to but everything that can be said has already been said by someone else.

It would be great to meet everyone personally. Maybe we should all meet in Vegas next year. Typically flights to Vegas are cheap... at least for the USA girls. I dunno, something to think about!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I am glad the forums are here, but I can relate to the feeling of isolation - its almost at the point where the internet is a PART of my femme side because its the only place I can find like minded ppl (not a bar person at ALL) or can HOPE to find a great GG - its not something you say when you meet people! "Hi, I'm _____. I know I look like a guy but I love wearing lingerie!! Wanna grab a coffee?"

LOL - *sob*

Thumbs up Thanks!! A Bunch Gang!!!

Hi everyone,

I want to thank everyone for their very kind of words of support and understanding. I had kind of a down week last week but had a super weekend (those of you reading my Schizophrenic Sex thread know what I mean). I am back on top of the world. Life's not a cabaret, Liza, it's a damn rollercoaster.

Seriously, I do thank each of you for replying. I think I did touch on something on perhaps a few other minds: how this forum is both so very helpful but at the same time a little isolating. We each (and I certainly include myself in this) have to make choices in our lives as to where we live, what we do for a living, who we choose as friends and companions, in short how we live our lives. I hope I am making good decisions but that may not be clear until I reach the end and look back. I suppose the goal is to have as few "aw shucks, I wish I would have done that then!" regrets as possible.

This forum is helping me make my decisions. I hope sometime some way I can help some of you in the same way. Thanks again.

Jenny (not always a complete goof)
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    "Jenny (not always a complete goof)

Is that an oxymoron?
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Thumbs up This Site Makes Me Happy!

Mainly because we all share the same basic theory - we all dress! It is just wonderful to exchange thoughts and ideas and feelings! I no longer feel like I'm going nuts! There are others out there who feel like I do!

Jenny, you always seem to have interesting posts and I always make a point to read them and respond. I too have some good days and some bad (like today I was just pissy for no particular reason) but this place always cheers me up!

I wish I could dress as often as you......

Cindy
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Talking 700 or bust ??

Quote Originally Posted by ericaleighton
    BTW a little insomnia and I posting all over the place. Look out Julie I'm headed for that 700 mark!
    Way to go gal!

And Julie's good at quietly keeping ahead.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Oooohhh, that sounds like a lot of fun! Las Vegas! Definitely on my to-do list when I eventually get round to visiting the USA. But the way things are going, it is probably still going to be a while
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/