Thread: Sometimes the best compliments are unintentional..

Sometimes the best compliments are unintentional..

Well, as some of you may know, I had a whole big en femme adventure being lost while walking around in downtown D.C. with my friend Carolyn. We were talking about it the other day, and she said she thought that it was awesome to see me get hit on and interact with the world as a woman. If you have no I idea what I'm talking about, the whole account of the adventure is here.

Anyway, she says, "It was quite scary and stressful, but at least neither of us started crying."

How often would a girl say that to a male friend she was out with? I realized she had put me in that female box, as I doubt she would have suggested that to a guy. Especially since a big strong manly man had to swoop in and save us both! lol

What about you? Have you ever had incidents where friends completely forgot you were male?

Violet, you are the coolest, especially under pressure!

And I do love the interchange. No doubt she forgot you were a tad (tadpole?) away from being fully femme. But hey, one look at your photos and it is pretty obvious that you are very close to being on the other side of that line!

Yes, I've had it happen. One of the stranger incidents was many years ago. My spouse and I were driving a motorhome, moving across country. Her mother (who has sadly passed away since then) was with us. I was complaining about my back from sitting and driving and my darling spouse suggested that maybe a girdle and longline would help. My mother-in-law helped sew up the cups of the bra so they wouldn't look too blobby under drab when we stopped.

After a couple of days, we were starting to get ready for bed. My mother-in-law started to take her clothes off to get into her pajamas when my spouse said, "Mom! David is here!"

Her Mom was very embarrassed and said, "Wow! I forgot he was a man!"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I wish I could say it's happen to me! But I can't think of an incident! I agree that would be the ultimate complement! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

the only thing ihad close to that was my wife said to that she needed a wife and i said you have one but you don't relize it and she said oh i do don't iwith a big smile ( i'll never forget that day)
    hugs
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Violet, you are the coolest, especially under pressure!

Yes, I've had it happen. One of the stranger incidents was many years ago. My spouse and I were driving a motorhome, moving across country. Her mother (who has sadly passed away since then) was with us. I was complaining about my back from sitting and driving and my darling spouse suggested that maybe a girdle and longline would help. My mother-in-law helped sew up the cups of the bra so they wouldn't look too blobby under drab when we stopped.

After a couple of days, we were starting to get ready for bed. My mother-in-law started to take her clothes off to get into her pajamas when my spouse said, "Mom! David is here!"

Her Mom was very embarrassed and said, "Wow! I forgot he was a man!"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Whoa! 0_o Talk about being let into the girl's club!