Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you own more heels than guy shoes

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    To be fair, stylish muck boots are hard to track down... I've been on the lookout for cute, well fitting rubber boots and no dice this week, despite the fact I can fit into the kid section!
    That is true. I found a pretty decent pair at Charming Charlie's a while back... they were girly. But, the well fitting part is hard to find. Too long in the toes, too loose on the heel, but fit in the arch. What's a girl that has mud to trot through going to do?!?! LOL! I am totes jelly that you can wear kids sizes. They have some great shoes sometimes.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Denise, Love those shoes, and your nails!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Yep. I'm guilty as charged too! LOL! Guy shoes are so boring though. Your shoes in pic are hot!!!
    be sweet for me

-Renae

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    This may be a silly question... But are any of those femme shoes... Comfortable? Weather oriented? Task oriented?

Just curious, I think you can tell a lot about a girl's attitude towards life and herself by looking at her shoes!
    Actually I went to 2 payless shoes and I a Avenue store. Girls you want cute and comfy go to the payless website LOT# 095029, they are a peep toe slight wedge with a cusion sole
    Description:FX black Cleo Chopout Peep wedge $29.99. I usually wear a 12W BUT these in a size 12 felt more comfortable than a good pair of sneakers. I swear, If any of you girls buy them, and can truely say they are uncomfortable I will send you a check for $30. They are cute, feminine and you can wear them all day and to bed too. Reason I didn't buy was::: it was BOGO and I figured the other store would have them and another pair I wanted. I was so impressed with this shoe, I had the SA print out the lot# so I can buy then later. I can not say enough good stuff about them. I better buy them before they go out of production . See Ya off to buy these heels Hee Hee. {I do not have an obsession only a desire}

Banned Read only
    In the male world I have one pair each of black and brown dress shoes, which are left over from my pre-retirement days, one pair of black walking casual shoes, and a pair of "sneakers" for yard work. Oh, and a pair of left over combat boots for heavy work to protect my feet. In the female mode I have fourteen pairs from flats to five inch heels. Today I'm wearing a pair of 2 1/2 inch heels in a taupe color by Hush Puppies. They are very comfortable and go with the beige floral print sun dress I'm wearing with my new beige VanRaalte full slip with appliques. Now, I'm waiting for the sun to come out! Maybe after breakfast

70 pr womens, 6 pr mens

I am right there with you Denise. Probably a 3-1 or 4-1 ratio of more heels than drab shoes. I must admit, shoes and skirts are my weaknesses.

Julie

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    5 pairs of guy shoes and at least 35 pairs of heels and it may be more have not counted for a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I would SO rather buy 1 pair of QUALITY shoes than 20 pair of payless "man made" CHEAP STUFF that won't last a weekend.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY EVERY TIME.

presh

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    I would SO rather buy 1 pair of QUALITY shoes than 20 pair of payless "man made" CHEAP STUFF that won't last a weekend.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY EVERY TIME.

presh
    I understand your POV but it looks differently to a CDer . GGs get a lot more use out of a pair of shoes than a CDer and this justifies the expense. I tend to haunt the clearance racks at DSW and Off Broadway looking for guilt-free indulgence

yes, I have a lot more femme shoes than drab. In fact my everyday athletic shoes I wear at work are almost all femme. They fit better and have nicer linings.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Most defiantly. Along with more sandals, clothes and undies.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I have at last count 56 womans shoes and two men shoes. I also have 6 fem boots and zero men boots. A girl can not have too many pairs of shoes, mine are mostly like new since I can't wear them everytime I would want to. As for panties now that's another story, zero male and 20 or so fem, mostly always go for string bikini style.
    I want to be this girl!

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Call me a miserable party pooper but I just think " what a lot of money sitting in closets when some folk dont have enough to put food on the table for their kids"

I'll get my coat...........

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    Call me a miserable party pooper but I just think " what a lot of money sitting in closets when some folk dont have enough to put food on the table for their kids"
    Well, my shoe purchases are helping to employ all of the people involved in making, distributing, and selling those shoes. If I stopped purchasing, _their_ kids wouldn't have food on the table. Oh the humanity!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I only have 18 pairs of women's shoes. I was constantly buying shoes but for a while now I haven't bought any. I have a pretty good balance, so whatever outfit I come up with I have shoes to match. I have 2 pairs of flats that see alot of use, 5" pumps, red, black, nude, nude peeptoe, and leopard. 4 pairs of boots, 2 knee high, one slouchy, one ankle. A couple pairs of sandals and other shoes.

Presh, I don't care for cheap shoes either.

i too have many more pairs of womans shoes than mens 75+womens to about 6 mens. Sometimes i just have to buy that new pair . whats a girl to do?

Makeup addict!
    Why wouldn't you own more heels than guy shoes? They're so much better than regular sneakers

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    I only have 18 pairs of women's shoes.
    Kimberly, that sounds reasonable to me. I have about the same amount of shoes (fewer boots though), and I've learned over the years that I can't get matching shoes for every outfit, it would be too much. So I tend to stick with a few basic colors (mostly black, but some brown and some tan or off white for summer), although in different styles ranging from ultra casual to ultra chic, but most are casual to go with my every day clothes. To wear with jeans I have slip-on closed toe mules, open-toe mules (for warmer weather), zip up black ankle boots (for colder weather), low heeled sandals, and wedge heeled sandals, all in black. These carry me through the year with one black purse that I wear with blue jeans or black skinny jeans which are my staples.

For dressy shoes I have a pair of Maryjanes, a 4" leather pump, and a 3" black patent sandal, all in black. I've had my shoes for years and I buy classic styles in a decently made brand so they last and never look dated. I probably buy one or two pairs of shoes per year, max, and this is to replace shoes that are well worn.
    Reine

Not just in shoes but my whole wardrobe outnumbers my male stuff.

I have 1 pair of men's boots out of necesity. However, even my so called everyday tenis-shoes are women's.