Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Afraid To Be a Crossdresser of Color

Talking Not Afraid To Be a Crossdresser of Color

Looking back over the now-14 years since I made my hobby of crossdressing public, I rarely have any regrets. One would be why I didn't start this sooner? or Will going full-time ever be an option? Those are questions that I may never find a way to answer. Yes, I am of color, and I corssdress with pride!
    When I started, all I mainly saw were mainly cd's of the caucasian variety. I asked myself, "Are there cd's of color out there in this world?" "Was I the lone dark-skinned RuPaul wannabe?" I didn't find out the answer to that question until 2002, while trying to fit in at a dance bar outside Chicago, I got to meet another one! Happy to say we've kept in touch over the years. Even found a Yahoo group of "Sistahs" that I keep in contact with.
    I know I wasn't the first nor will I be the last tg/cd of color here, but I just wanted everyone to know that we are here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-18-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Photos of non members are not permitted to be used without permission of the subject

Way to go Kayleah. You sure look good. Very convincing. A head turner, for sure. I suspect that you have to deal with some macho attitudes at times. I love the pic on the lower left.

Just think about it ? There are ALOT of yall . An the reason you dont see em is becuz they blend so dam good you cant read em . Yall are lucky as hell ! Cuz almost all the colored CDs pass with ease ,, Alway envy them .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I used to think I was the only CDer of any color (I'm kind of red, white and blue). One thing I've learned is this: whatever good idea I come up with, at least a million other people will have come up with it before me.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Ya know why ya dont see alot of colored chix on here ? Cuz they are out living life they blend BETTER than other folks . Check it out yull see .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

You'll find a few sisters of color on this site Kayleah. Look in the photo gallery.
    DonnaT

Silver Member
    The picture of you sleeping is adorable!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Girl, you have a look that is so sweet and feminne. The pic of you on the bed is priceless. Thanks for sharing and jus being one of the girls.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I have gotten a lot of comments about that 'sleeping" picture. The compliments just keep coming....

Thankx so much! Just wanted to say a few thing about my journey...

Really? Well, I haven't gotten my heels on yet, so I may need to find out where that is...

And to think, this picture was taken at a MOTEL 6!!!!
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-19-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: merged consecutive post please use the edit function, multi posting is not allowed.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Luv the sleeping pic, and welcome from another CD of color i.e. (black gal).
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Maybe I should've put that up first!

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I, too, am a CD of color. Never mind my avatar; I just love those gams.

I have to say, though, that the CD community (and this forum in particular) seems to be pretty much color blind from my observations. And, for that, I am thankful and glad to be a part of it.

BTW, that bed pic is great.

Rock on!

ms karleahdee:

Patti Drew, a little known gospel and r&b artist from (not far from you) Evanston Illinois, had an album in the late 1960's called
    "Iv'e been here all the time". So yes my love, I have been here (Out, African-American and proud) all the time. I agree, it is rare
    to see other cd's of color out and about. I don't have a good answer as to why this is the case. Perhaps there are some cultural-
    religious ramifications that cause our numbers to be underepsented but that can't be true since Euro religions (Catholicism) is
    far more didactic and culturally instructive than traditional Black religions (Protestant, Baptist) are. Here in Detroit, and I certainly
    don't want to appear mean or step on any toes, when you do see Black tg's as well as ts's, they often show up on the fringes of society,
    usually as homosexual-dragqueen-transvestite-transexual excort-street walker-etc. Sad but true, as Back Page.com will clearly
    verify. I am out every saturday night and have befriended many White cd's and ts's, who are just regular guys (I hope you understand
    what regular means) with jobs, families, fraternities, church organizations, pta's, mortgages, who just happen to be transgendered
    who want to dance and have a good time. And I like to think im'e one of those regular guys too..Like I said this can be a tricky and
    sensitive subject.

This week Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and became the first African-American baseball player in the major leagues.
    But this week in April, 2012, Blacks represent only 8 percent of the players on major league teams, the lowest percentage in
    major league history. Commentators and historians alike have scambled all week to explain this phenomenom, and no one
    came up with a good answer....It just is.
    glad to meet you, dana

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    I, too, am a CD of color. Never mind my avatar; I just love those gams.

I have to say, though, that the CD community (and this forum in particular) seems to be pretty much color blind from my observations. And, for that, I am thankful and glad to be a part of it.

BTW, that bed pic is great.

Rock on!
    My apologies I have to also 2nd that, I also consider this forum to be colorblind as well which I am also thankful for and glad to be a part of. The only time usually color comes into conversation is around the usual topics of should you wear white after labor day, and does this color of hosiery match my outfit ?
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Platinum Member
    Hi Kayleah Dee, First off welcome to our fourm when you are here you are home.
    I don't think you can't ask a question that someone can't answer.
    You look so natural in both of your pictures .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Very cute photos Kayleah......I think the photo of you asleep is especially serene!

Yay!
    We are all the same no matter where are who we come from, or what our genes say.
    Peace & Love!
    nathalie

Hi Kayleah, your looking good . I'm also liking the Packer poster in your avatar. Being from Green Bay I'm a huge Packer Fan!

KayleahDee, I am pink on the inside, pink on the outside and pink in the head. I have always been jealous of the "Sistahs" and the Asian ladies, because you seem to pass so easily. Prime example are your pictures. You are beautiful !!!

Hugs

Must have been some of my late mom's chromosomes.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    In almost 8 years of being out I've only met 4 black CD's and 2 TS. I not see many trans women of color out there period.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Greetings, my sister
    I just came out a couple of months ago..and it's not easy being a pudding in a cloud.
    Keep in touch y'all

Girls, color does not matter here, a purple skirt looks good on anyone!
    Welcome, I maybe white, but we are still sisters, just the common is the dressing and not our color! Glad to have another cross dresser among us, there is always room for one more!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

There's an old joke about a white guy talking to a colored bartender and the bartender's ans. was when you were born you are white,when sunbath you turn brown,when you blush you turn red, when you are sad you turn blue and when you die you turn gray and you call me colored.LOL

My experience

I was surprised at the openness there seemed to be when I went out en femme. The first I went out, it was at a club on a "girl's night". My first thought was "I'm pretty sure there won't be many girls who look like me", and I was right. There was maybe one other black girl there in a crowd of over 200.

I was nervous hitting the door. I walked in. Brunette hair perfectly teased. Cheerleader pink T-shirt, black pleated skirt with black stocking and matching arm warmers. I was nervous but cute.

I walked in a surveyed the seen. Yep, pudding in a cloud lol.
    I noticed the looks I was getting. I read them as "check out the newbie, and she's a black girl.. As if!"

But you know something? I had read the whole scene wrong.

Maybe 30 minutes later.. I'm on the dance floor, and I was slowly surrounded by some of the same girls who were sizing me up earlier. They all said "I like your outfit. How did you put it together. You really look hot tonight" etc. It was a very different vibe from then on. Genuine human respect and acceptance. It's a good thing.

As far as the perception of other black men, well I figure it this way. If my dad can deal with it, others can figure it out. He freaked out at first, but once we had a chance to talk calmly and rationally, he was able to at least come to term with it and listen.