Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has coming out changed you?

Omg, it has changed my entire life in a gigantic way. I started venturing out into the world in February of last year and if I were to look at where I am now would be shocked beyond belief. My daugthers, sister in laws, and various other people now know and my wife and I are currently separated but communicating better than ever. I go to AA now every day and am loving my life more than ever before. What a roller coaster!

I came out to my wife three years ago. Its been a roller coaster of emotions. It just now is clearing up a bit. She is excepting me as who I am. She has even started to go out with me enfem. I also told my grown children and my brother and sister. I feel free now. It was a long rock road getting there. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Ever since I got real about it with my self, I have been a lot happier and a lot bolder. Expressing my femininity has greatly enhanced my total person. More confidence and more assertion more positive thrust. Ironically, being honest about my inner woman has made me a better man.

Now I've disclosed this to a few people I consider friends. That has not gone as well as I had hoped, but I've decided to let go and let God on that. My figuring is that those who were for you will be for you no matter what.

One smart move I made from the start is seek support. I joined a strong support group and I began to really learned about who am I in relation to my cross dressing and all the issue surrounding the greater issues in regards to transgenderism.

Some will have difficulty with this. With others I may have to keep on a "you don't need to know basis" for awhile. Not ideal, but it's okay. If there is one thing I know is that you have to engage people where they are, not where you'd like them to be.

But, as I told one person I came out to and their response was negative, "The smile I have when I see me dressed is greater than the frown on your face right now."
    Last edited by Chardonnay Merlot; 04-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

a bit nutty
    Coming out to my wife has not just reduced my anxiety, it has virtually eliminated it! I also don't feel as ashamed of myself for keeping things from her since now there is no big secret.
    Generally speaking, coming out has been positive and my wife is reasonably supportive. The fact that she has not tossed me out on my ear (or even threatened to) is what I consider a plus.

Telling my wife was the best thing I ever did. She has been nothing but supportive. It took a load of my shoulders and I no longer had to live secret life.