Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you go out, Public or Private?

I go anywhere and every where!
    Since my first experience in public (thanks Becky) I have the confidence to go where ever I please. I've been lucky to have not experienced any harassment or bad situations and I do hope that continues to be true. I'm not "in your face", I'm just another woman and hopefully I am perceived that way.

I've never been to a gay establishment. All of my interactions have been mainstream...malls, movies, restaurants, etc. Last October my wife and I went on a "girls" vacation and the entire week I was just another tourist doing touristy things in touristy places. It was a great experience and made me feel so much more comfortable with myself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I havent had the courage to go into shops etc yet, but I will go out at night, and walk in areas where there are people going about.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

I go to very public places with lots of people.

I alone or with my wife go out to very public places. The places i or we go are restaurants,theaters,walmart,disney world,universal studios,bush gardens,las vegas even flew fem, and the list goes on and on.

Public places, Jess. Theaters, malls, department stores, grocery stores, resale shops, DART rail. Probably some of the same places where you've been.

Big Lots is fun and always has different stuff. JCPenney usually has nice clothes to try on that aren't outrageously overpriced. Macy's has nice clothes that I can try on, but, can't afford (except for the clearance rack.) Burlington Coat has a large selection of low priced jewelry and some clothes. Payless and DSW for shoes. Sallys Beauty Supply always has something I need. Kroger, Albertsons, Tom Thumb, and Target have groceries and I still like to eat.

I don't pass, but, I blend reasonably well until someone gets up close. And, if they call me maam, I melt.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

I love to be out in public. Like others, I see little point in going to all the trouble without others seeing me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Real public for me, that is where I feel the happiest. But i also like the private variety, out on the hills or wherever, including wild swimming... bikini time. Sharing a big river pool with public for real people can be fun too, for some reason in such pools, folk tend to stay apart fromeach other, which suits me fine.
    ~S~.

I prefer going public and mixing with others, much safer and 99% of the time people don't give me a second look as most people are to busy doing thier thing.
    Last edited by Carol A; 04-19-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: incomplete statement

Went out in public for the first time on 4/7/2012 at 6:00p. My wife was happily shocked. She said, "You've got more guts than me!" I said, "Did I look that bad?" lol

I went for a walk through a park. Felt great!

I go out as well... public and private... why do people feel the need to only do one or the other? I am quite happy being on my own and I am equally happy being around others - for me the two are complementary activities... I guess I must be wierd!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I go anywhere and every where!
    Since my first experience in public (thanks Becky) I have the confidence to go where ever I please. I've been lucky to have not experienced any harassment or bad situations and I do hope that continues to be true. I'm not "in your face", I'm just another woman and hopefully I am perceived that way. .
    Thanks, Cheryl & Becky, both of you were major confidence builders for me when I first started going out in public two & a quarter years ago. I've been out with both of you.....sometimes on different occasions.
    Nowadays, I'm anywhere & everywhere.....often going solo on the fly.
    I've been treated great just about every place I've been. There's nothing more satisfying than having sales staff or restuarant staff treat me like gold.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-19-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Anywhere and everywhere with no trouble whatsoever..

Lonely parks and parking lots late at night, not for me! Virtually every attack that we read about in The Media Section seems to start out with some T-Gal being alone!

99 % of all of my "Going" seems to be in Public Places. Oh, I do go to private parties at someone's house, but there's usually thirty or forty other people attending. Biggest hassle at those events is finding a Parking Place, so I don't have to walk a mile in heels.

Common Sense, really! If you don't wish to end up stuffed in a Dumpster, avoid places where you are alone, and you can be trapped. By the way, I would give that same advise to any GG too. But, they already know of such things.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 04-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post

Common Sense, really! If you don't wish to end up stuffed in a Dumpster, avoid places where you are alone, and you can be trapped. By the way, I would give that same advise to any GG too. But, they already know of such things.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Joanie, I can uderstand your concern. It's a valid issue.
    Just keep in mind that crime mostly happens when there are not a lot of people around. Criminals look for the right opportunity. Being in company often helps.
    It's easy for me to walk into a large shopping mall in New Jersey, near New York City because people are too preoccupied with themselves, and nobody really pays attention to anyone else.

I recently had a friend down in Florida, who walked into a wine bar while en femme, with his wife. While his wife went to the ladies' room , he was groped and fondled by the wine bar owner (who is gay), who made all sorts of insulting remarks to the point that it almost became a physical confrontation. Nothing is impossible as far as I'm concerned, but there's definitely safety in numbers.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-19-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Somehow I don't see walking around in my garden (large as it may be) to be "going out". I also don't think that being alone at any time on foot is the safest, and being alone can more easily mean being read because others are able to focus on you where they might not be able to, and their actions might be less than positive "alone". In a crowded mall one can be wonderfully alone and anonymous, especially those first few times out and about!

Public all the way and preferably with fellow supportive girls. Safety and strength and fun in numbers.

I have no qualms about going to my favorite shopping mall, restaurant, club, or theater, and I'll do it whether I'm alone or with a friend. It's so much fun and I love the experience.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

When I dress up, it's to go out, and when I go out, it's to be seen by others. That doesn't mean I'm excessively extroverted, seeking danger, or deliberately looking to be the center of attention, but for me, putting in all the trouble to dress and do makeup just to sit, or even walk around outside, by myself is kind of a waste of good effort. Oftentimes it's just to be seen by one other person, but that's enough.

- Diane

i don't do the dancing club scene; jazz or blue clubs where i can enjoy the music and a glass of wine is more my speed; but every where else is fair game.
    This is a man's world, this is a man's world
    But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl
    —james brown

I'm a people person and enjoy being out in public. Granted, the first few times I was scared to death. Walking up to the Clinique counter awhile back asking for help with foundation was a bit unnerving but ther the SA smiled and was very easy to work with.

I'm pretty girly in boy mode so when I'm fully dressed it's even easier as no one really looks at me differently.

I wear skirts all the time and do everything in skirts, shopping, walking, going out in the evening.
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn

Gold Member
    My answer is Yes! I do this for the way I feel and it isn't so others can see me. So if I want to go to a crowded place, that is okay. If I want to go for a walk in the neighborhood or the local park (under safe circumstances) then I do it. It is about continuing to do what I normally do along with the related CD items like Tri-Ess meetings.

Public. When I first started going out en femme it was always private (my first experience was driving in my car...that had tinted windows...at night...LOL).

Now I prefer to go out in public with lots of people. Shopping malls, beauty salons, resturants. Fortunately I have yet to have a bad experience.

Double Duty

Depending on my mood, I enjoy either, and I am comfortable in either setting. I like to think I'm like the typical woman of my age. It is fun to get all prettied up, but it is equally nice to put on the grubbies and kick around the neighborhood or park. I love to feed the ducks.

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

It has been awhile since I went out in public. I use to go and ride my bike and walk. But I will go give another walk around.