Thread: Does Anyone Share My Problem?

Does Anyone Share My Problem?

Many of you know me from my wife's books or we met at one of the TG conventions or on one of our Dignity Cruises. At age 4 I was diagnosed with polio which effected my left leg. After a muscle transplant, for the next 40+ years I only had a slight limp and was even able to wear heels and shorter skirts. Over the past 15 year the limp is now very noticeable and high heels and shorter skirts are out of the question. This has not stopped me from traveling the world enfemme with my wife and enjoying being enfemme, but I do miss wearing heels and skirts/dresses that are shorter than ankle length. I do notice that people notice my limp perhps more than seeing me as a man in a dress.

For the 99% of you who do not have this problem, please appreciate your healthy legs and ability to wear 4 inch heels. Are there any of you who share my problem?
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I'm certainly glad you've had the chance to go out & about. Cherish those moments.
    I've been born with otosclerosis, which is a solidification of middle bone ears that stops sound from passing through. It's actually nice, though.....when my mom, or girlfriend says things I dont want to hear, I just turn off my hearing aid.

Melanie, I was born with severly club feet, and had a lot of operations as a child. I have had problems with my ankles for most of my life so high heels are out. I can wear 3inch heel boots as long as they fit tight on the ankle. This is fine in the winter but is a bit warm in the summer. I really do not go out except underdressed but I love boots. If I thought my wife wouldn't kill me I would get a pair of thigh high boots.
    Don't worry what people see or think, I am just a stranger and think you are lovely!
    Wonderwho
    Last edited by Wonderwho; 04-19-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I am trying to type in the dark!
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

I do...

After three spinal surgeries (hell, after the first one) heels were out of the question.

My sweet Grandma was short and I am too, she taught me the POWER of a woman in heels and height.

I missed them sooooo much, even now, all these years later.

Especially in the Spring, when all I want are pretty, strappy high-heeled sandles.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

I certainly commend you! Yes I share your problem! Three years ago I had my left leg taken off above the knee therefore my 4'' heels went with it! With a lot of work I can now happily wear a one and half inch heel! Hugs to you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member

Hi Melanie

I do not share your physical problem but I certainly commend your spirit and will in dealing with it. Not everyone would show such inner strength. Get out and enjoy life to the best of your ability.
    Best wishes for the future.

Love and hugs,
    Sandra1746

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Melanie, I share your problem, but perhaps not to the same extent. I was born with deformity in one foot. after many casts, and operations on achilles, arch, bone fusion, I was left with a foot that was 2 sizes smaller, and a leg that was 2 inches shorter, and more than a few sizes smaller, and a foot that was inflexible. I have only a slight limp, but i feel it getting worse as I age. I am only 65 now, but there are times, during weather changes? who knows, that the nerve pain is intense.

I wear short skirts and I wear heels for pictures. I am deeply closeted, and new to my feminine side (only 7 months as a femmophile) I cannot walk in anything more than a 3 inch heel right now, and then only for short distances around the house. I dont know if this will become worse in the future. i do know that I really desire to go out en femme, and hope to do so this summer for private excursions. It will be in pants, or ankle length dresses, and flats. I can only be in the hallmarks that so many treasure for pictures for my mind.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    I have Neuropathy in both lower legs. I can not keep my balance at times, as I have lost some of the
    feeling in my toes and feet. Heals have been out for years, that is why I do fem pants instead.
    If you look around today, most women are wearing slacks or jeans than say a skirt.
    Rader

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    Many of you know me from my wife's books or we met at one of the TG conventions or on one of our Dignity Cruises. .................................................. ....For the 99% of you who do not have this problem, please appreciate your healthy legs and ability to wear 4 inch heels. Are there any of you who share my problem?
    Melanie, I think that my wife and I met you at a Texas T party in the early 1990's.

I have a similar situation with my left foot; which was subjected to some trauma about 12 years ago. Now I usually just wear flats or low heels. If I wear anything higher, it usually isn't for very long.
    Dana Ryan

Hi,

I wont bore you with my detail only to say major back detail that can take me down till then , i can wear heels though not for long i prefer flats or my ( funny ) as, army boots as i liked to do a fair bit of walking with our Lab shes 9 & can still go for it, i do push my self though pay for it later. at the end of the walk.
    i strap her lead to my belt so its a fair walk out.

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    For the 99% of you who do not have this problem, please appreciate your healthy legs and ability to wear 4 inch heels. Are there any of you who share my problem?
    I have a friend who has the same problem. She still wears her heels and knee length skirts and dresses without worrying about her limp.
    As for understanding, well, I just had foot surgery and had to have the great toe on one foot fused. Since there is no movement in that joint anymore there go my heels. I'm hoping that I can work past the stiffness and avoid a limp, but it is what it is.
    It will be about 6 months before I'll know the extent of the restriction (once the swelling has gone) so I'll wait and see. I can say for sure that 4" heels are no longer in my future and I will miss them dearly, but that doesn't mean that I am less a woman without them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !