Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladylike Anyone?

Banned Read only

Wink Ladylike Anyone?

Hi gurls,girls.

I have always been somewhat of a 'lady' and dislike a sleazy image' for me personally. I know many of you prefer more of an outgoing,very provocative image of yourselves and I am fine with that.
    It's just that as a CD/TG gurl I feel more comfortable projecting a 'ladylike image'. not a fuddy duddy old maid,but classy,somewhat reserved but friendly and yes in fact sexy.

I am very feminine and think like a woman and been told quite alluring at times,don't mean to sound big-headed,just saying .

I am not standoffish or snooty as I have been hit on many times, been asked out and had men,women and CD/TG types buy me drinks and establish friendships in the past.

So I have to ask- are their other CD/TV/TG types out here who also enjoy being a lady? If so I'd like to hear from you and or your stories?

I am not judging you sisters, so open to corresponding to most,

many hugs and much support

Victoria P
    XOXOOX

I certainly do. I don't wish to be snotty or standoffish at all.
    Class and confidence are the things I wish most to be seen as having.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

As i mature in my CD lifestyle I have become more of a lady when presenting my feminine style. I used to have the need to feel glamorous and dress kind of sexy but I have grown past that stage. Today for me it is all about comfort and dressing for the occasion and blending. I can still feel like a lady wearing jeans and a tee with low heeled shoes. I shop now with more of an eagle eye at stores and find outfits that suit my body type and personality. Our wonderous lifestyle is not cheap on the wallet when doing it properly, and I have come to the realization that my femme self is more high maintanance than I originally have thought. I am one lucky lady and I am worth every penny!

Michelle

I'm about the same. I conduct and dress kind of like the kind of woman that I'm attracted to proper dress proper manners and a wild thing in the bedroom LOL. I do some times like a short lace sexy outfit just a little trashy but ownly when it appropriate.

I look at trashy but don't try to pick them up

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I don't think about "being a lady", but I am not provocative or sleazy (except for our club annual "What Not To Wear" night ). I only wear women's clothes, so chances are if you see me in public I'll be wearing a top and jeans or jeggings (jean leggings). Not that different from my wife.

When I do get more dressed, I'm fond of long skirts, pencil skirts, skirt-suits, linen dresses -- nice looking, not sleazy, but never intended to give the impression of "Never a hair out of place!" or the like.

"classy" and "lady-like" are not the only respectable options in the modern world: many people care more about how they are treated rather than about whether the person is fashionable or inclines their head at just the right studied angle.

Yes, you pretty much described me, but I like to replace "Lady" with "Woman". Lady sounds just a bit much formal for me.

Ladylike, Used to be a trans publication by that name, British maybe? As a mature girl I tend now to just want to be "one of the girls". When I was younger sex appeal (a little traqshy) was important but at 63 more relaxed and comfortable. I hope I will have an occasion to dress to the "nines" in the future at a gala or something. It would be a thrill.

hugs rita

For me, it would have to depend on the setting. If I'm on a date, I'd probably wear a short skirt, stockings, and my 6" heels. If I take the guy to bed I'd change into my mini-skirt (which wouldn't be on very long), slip on my garter belt, and keep the stockings. If I'm just hangin' out, I'd wear either jeans or short shorts.

Being lady-like, feminine in the standard I try to be. There is so much to learn...!
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Well, what to say. I like to look sexy, like a hooker, what can I say.....
    (name withheld)

There are times of the month and year that I dress as a lady and other times as a high class sleazy lady. It depends on where I am going that day or night. Most of the time I dress as a lady but the iner wide child needs to go out and play.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Banned Read only
    'We can do better than this" ? in what way 'oh catty one ' LOL. I think you perhaps took my comment out of context somehow,and you come across a little harsh hon?

I picked my avatar quickly as I like pink and also black lace,I haven't had time to upload a photo that fits the correct size limits here.....yet.

Hey hon, 'woman' is fine,it differentiates from 'girl' as in younger female person, I could go with that no problem.

Hi Rita, wow you sparked a fond memory- I remember buying 'Ladylike' magazine back in the mid 80's and loved it.It was filled with great stories,experiences,makeup info and of course places to purchase all our femme accessories,plus it had some gorgeous t-girls in it,very class mag.

Gosh I agree with the 'dressing to the nines' in the near future bit.

Hugs Victoria P xo

Well Mary Ann I certainly admire your honesty,you 'go gurl"

Hugs Victoria P xo

Very modest reply hon and lovely pic.

BTW I am still learning at my age too lol

Hugs Victoria P xo

Hi Cheryl T, glad to hear that you do,you come across as such in your avatar. I think I should have elaborated as in 'ladylike' also in my mannerisms and how I carry myself or try to in heels lol. I basically try avoid any semblance of masculinity.

Hugs Victoria P

xo
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-22-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: merged consecutive post please use the edit function, multi posting is not allowed.

I like both looks. Of course you have to pick the pick right time to wear the trashed look.It does not fit well with mainstream to go shopping like that. You would be sticking out like a sore thumb.. I enjoy weaaring the everyday clothes that a woman wears now a days. But I do love to dress to the nines if I was going clubbing or weddind or some formal gathering place.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Hi,

Hmmm, Ladylike, not sure , youll have to ask my women friends,

Im a female / woman , & my dress style wil for some of my clothes will be very different.

Im a Renaissence member so dress in 1400 to 1700 dress / garb as a wench , Chateline & a woman of the times, Plus being an Archer in the field,

next. i dress in Edwardian times as well 1900 to 1910.

Of cause with all those i design make & sew all my clothes some 14 outfits, plus gear,

For my normal day wear long skirts tops of different colours shapes & just nice clothes , for evening wear i have some 10 different sets of clothing, & shoes to match,

Jos said to me some 16 years ago when i dress i was to dress elegently, so when out i dress nicely & do get lovely comments on how i dress, & yes in garb as well. down the streets here where we live in Waimate,

...noeleena...

In my 'femme' world (ie the part of 'me' that wants to express my femininity or feminine side/aspiration - whatever we wish to call this drive we have), I want to feel feminine. Dressing significantly helps me to achieve this, but then so does looking 'ladylike' as Victoria puts it and yes... I wish to look as passable as possible! But also, like many women, I want to dress provocatively sometimes and have some fun...!

If I go out... I try to blend, just like most women, because I don't want to stand out or draw attention to myself. So when I dress provocatively it is for my own enjoyment!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I like to strike a healthy balance between conservative and provocative. I've been out a little more frequently since I've decide to be open with my dressing. My femme persona is as a professional, attractive, scholarly woman and I succeed in that in varying degrees.
    I find that I feel the most attractive in finding the right everyday clothes. I like slacks, jeans and long shorts and do quite well. The right blouse-blazer-pencil skirt really flatter me.

That doesn't mean I don't fancy being a little more racy. Recently I got a denim skirt, a pleated skirt, a leather micro mini and some summertime short shorts. I liked my look in those and it's just further motivation to shave my legs

I don't want to be provocative or outrageous, so go for the middle aged woman look. Since I don't really have much of a female figure, I have to dress to suit with what I have got to work with.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    I'm currently going through a mid life crisis, and all that entails. Since I'm on a limited budget being single and wonderfully roommate free for the first time in my life, there isn't much money for the overspending. ((Thank god))
    I'm always well dressed but I dress a little younger than I am, Hollister and Aero from Good Wills or yard sales. (I got 100$+ for like 15$ yesterday at yardsales)) but though I dress 5 years my younger I'm always well dressed, no shorts, I try to coordinate my under clothes, at least colors. I have "Friends" people I know at work, and real friends who have always been there for me have given me clothes for years and have helped make me who I am today.
    So maybe after I get out of this getting old thing and grow up a bit I'll be more lady like. but til then I'm going to enjoy (or suffer through) the next 3 - 5 years, or til I can wear a skirt / dress on a regular basis or buy a new car. :P
    Kerry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Yes, absolutely. My entire wardrobe (except for what you cannot see!!) is very lady like. I always try to dress appropriately for my age.

Well, yeah I can pretty much be a "lady" when I want to Hon but normally I'm about as much as a "lady" as Texas Guinan who had more gonads that most guys.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, I like to dress as a well dressed lady .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    The journey of a crossdresser is a gradual maturation from a young girl to a mature elderly woman. for those who started this wonderful journey many many years ago, you are well on your way to the mature womanly feeling. For the younger among us, they still have the young woman within, and these young women tend to desire to be seen as provocative. Hopefully the young ones have the body to pull it off. More power to them. I am a young crossdresser (7 mos) in an old body (65 yrs) so I have the contradiction between what my female within is feeling, and what the body can provide. I salute those who can dress provocatively, go for it, there are plenty of GG who do the same. At the same time, I realize that i am constrained to the more ladylike look, and rapidly approaching the matron stage (NO NO..still years away please).

The key, is what are you comfortable with, and can you make the proper selection for the situation, ie. mall shopping vs clubbing dress. If you can do that you are one well adjusted woman/girl. I am still a girl even though my look cant keep the promise.....lol If you are happy, then you have what you need, and isn't that what we are all after?

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    Perfectly stated sweety!
    Hugs V

Banned Read only

Agreed

Hey Kaz, Yes I think 'blending ' is the key to going out overall.

Is there an actual CD/TG/TV scene over there in Yorkshire?
    I have this vision of sisters like us walking and looking back over their femmy shoulders because I know how tough Yorkshire men can be.

I think there's a smashing place called Sparkle in Manchester that I almost got a chance to go to when I was back home in 2009,but sadly never made it.

Hugs V xo

Banned Read only
    Hi Michelle what a great reply and I particularly agree with the last line'I am worth every penny!"

Hugs V xo