Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladylike Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Wink Ladylike Anyone?

Hi gurls,girls.

I have always been somewhat of a 'lady' and dislike a sleazy image' for me personally. I know many of you prefer more of an outgoing,very provocative image of yourselves and I am fine with that.
    It's just that as a CD/TG gurl I feel more comfortable projecting a 'ladylike image'. not a fuddy duddy old maid,but classy,somewhat reserved but friendly and yes in fact sexy.

I am very feminine and think like a woman and been told quite alluring at times,don't mean to sound big-headed,just saying .

I am not standoffish or snooty as I have been hit on many times, been asked out and had men,women and CD/TG types buy me drinks and establish friendships in the past.

So I have to ask- are their other CD/TV/TG types out here who also enjoy being a lady? If so I'd like to hear from you and or your stories?

I am not judging you sisters, so open to corresponding to most,

many hugs and much support

Victoria P
    XOXOOX

I certainly do. I don't wish to be snotty or standoffish at all.
    Class and confidence are the things I wish most to be seen as having.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I like both looks. Of course you have to pick the pick right time to wear the trashed look.It does not fit well with mainstream to go shopping like that. You would be sticking out like a sore thumb.. I enjoy weaaring the everyday clothes that a woman wears now a days. But I do love to dress to the nines if I was going clubbing or weddind or some formal gathering place.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Hi,

Hmmm, Ladylike, not sure , youll have to ask my women friends,

Im a female / woman , & my dress style wil for some of my clothes will be very different.

Im a Renaissence member so dress in 1400 to 1700 dress / garb as a wench , Chateline & a woman of the times, Plus being an Archer in the field,

next. i dress in Edwardian times as well 1900 to 1910.

Of cause with all those i design make & sew all my clothes some 14 outfits, plus gear,

For my normal day wear long skirts tops of different colours shapes & just nice clothes , for evening wear i have some 10 different sets of clothing, & shoes to match,

Jos said to me some 16 years ago when i dress i was to dress elegently, so when out i dress nicely & do get lovely comments on how i dress, & yes in garb as well. down the streets here where we live in Waimate,

...noeleena...

In my 'femme' world (ie the part of 'me' that wants to express my femininity or feminine side/aspiration - whatever we wish to call this drive we have), I want to feel feminine. Dressing significantly helps me to achieve this, but then so does looking 'ladylike' as Victoria puts it and yes... I wish to look as passable as possible! But also, like many women, I want to dress provocatively sometimes and have some fun...!

If I go out... I try to blend, just like most women, because I don't want to stand out or draw attention to myself. So when I dress provocatively it is for my own enjoyment!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I like to strike a healthy balance between conservative and provocative. I've been out a little more frequently since I've decide to be open with my dressing. My femme persona is as a professional, attractive, scholarly woman and I succeed in that in varying degrees.
    I find that I feel the most attractive in finding the right everyday clothes. I like slacks, jeans and long shorts and do quite well. The right blouse-blazer-pencil skirt really flatter me.

That doesn't mean I don't fancy being a little more racy. Recently I got a denim skirt, a pleated skirt, a leather micro mini and some summertime short shorts. I liked my look in those and it's just further motivation to shave my legs

Banned Read only

Agreed

Hey Kaz, Yes I think 'blending ' is the key to going out overall.

Is there an actual CD/TG/TV scene over there in Yorkshire?
    I have this vision of sisters like us walking and looking back over their femmy shoulders because I know how tough Yorkshire men can be.

I think there's a smashing place called Sparkle in Manchester that I almost got a chance to go to when I was back home in 2009,but sadly never made it.

Hugs V xo

Ladylike, yes as opposed to a man in a dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As i mature in my CD lifestyle I have become more of a lady when presenting my feminine style. I used to have the need to feel glamorous and dress kind of sexy but I have grown past that stage. Today for me it is all about comfort and dressing for the occasion and blending. I can still feel like a lady wearing jeans and a tee with low heeled shoes. I shop now with more of an eagle eye at stores and find outfits that suit my body type and personality. Our wonderous lifestyle is not cheap on the wallet when doing it properly, and I have come to the realization that my femme self is more high maintanance than I originally have thought. I am one lucky lady and I am worth every penny!

Michelle

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I don't think about "being a lady", but I am not provocative or sleazy (except for our club annual "What Not To Wear" night ). I only wear women's clothes, so chances are if you see me in public I'll be wearing a top and jeans or jeggings (jean leggings). Not that different from my wife.

When I do get more dressed, I'm fond of long skirts, pencil skirts, skirt-suits, linen dresses -- nice looking, not sleazy, but never intended to give the impression of "Never a hair out of place!" or the like.

"classy" and "lady-like" are not the only respectable options in the modern world: many people care more about how they are treated rather than about whether the person is fashionable or inclines their head at just the right studied angle.

Yes, you pretty much described me, but I like to replace "Lady" with "Woman". Lady sounds just a bit much formal for me.

Banned Read only
    Hi Michelle what a great reply and I particularly agree with the last line'I am worth every penny!"

Hugs V xo

Victoria,
    When I make the major step to go out dressed as a woman, I will present myself as a conservative woman with a nice blouse and a matching skirt and some nice pantyhose or stockings. If decide to dress more exotic then I will save that for my at home time for now. I like skirt suits and that is more likely how I will begin my journey out into the real world.

I very much go in for the respectable, elegant, ladylike look myself. I've always been attracted to it as a male, and I'm inclined to project such a look when I emulate a female. I try to maintain good taste and elegance with whatever I wear, and really don't much go for the ****ty tramp look. I don't bother with casual attire and ladies pants. But then, it's my femme time, and I prefer to spend it wearing a skirt or a dress.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Hi Marla thanks for a nice reply,I agree with your comments and that dress is gorgeous!!

Hugs Vicki xoxo

I don't know how lady like I am, but I been told by different men over my life that I always seem to take the woman's side of any discussion.

I like "ladylike" when appropriate, "sporty" when I'm casual, but "****ty" just doesn't work for me.

If it works for others, more power to them. Have a blast!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've tried the 'vamp' look but it just never worked for me. I look much more fem in more conservative and classic attire. Besides, I feel it's more appropriate for someone my age. I say everyone is different and should wear what works best for them.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Victoria,

Your avatar is beautiful.

I admire the dress of women of earlier generations.

My avatar is Doris Day..and has been Ginger Rodgers and Kim Novak on this board. Those women, and the way they present themselves, in skirts and dresses is the absolute pinnacle of feminine appeal to me. Even when Doris wears pants in the 60's, they are tailored pants...I am thinking pants sometimes..that can be classy too.

Not to say I am some classic pin up transvestite type, I am modern, TG'ed.

But I most always go with soft feminine clothes, never tight ladies jeans or short shorts........Not too much make up either.

Understated and feminine. The movie star ladies I mentioned are very glamorous. As are you ,my dear......

I can not write a lick tonight I am going to bed. In ballet length Vanity Fair Night Gown, rose...

Noemi
    Last edited by Noemi; 08-09-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    polythene pam

Whether dressing like a maid, a cheerleader, a schoolgirl, a secretary, a lady, or anything else, it's just dressing. It doesn't really make you that.

Banned Read only
    Nicole you are pretty well spot on ,however your attitude, mannerisms, and overall deportment can make the difference between being a lady or any other type of women,seems so few these days are ladies,but hey at least a few of us find it appealing to be so as much as we can.

Hugs Vicki xoxx

You know what they say..... A lady must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a ***** in the bedroom.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Well, Victoria, you can see by the responses that many gals agree with you and you can add my name to that list.
    While I am completely in favor of girls dressing and acting in any fashion they choose, I feel as an older woman I want to project a more age appropriate image and try as hard as I can to do that each and every time I dress.
    Part of the transition to who I really feel I am is dressing in a way that I would if I were lucky enough to have that opportunity every day.

Personally, I have never had a desire to look trashy, nor have I had any desire to look glamorous. I usualy shoot for a fun casual look that is just a couple steps up from the jeans/shorts & T-shirts that most girls wear around here. My favorite outfit is a pair of denim capris, a red tank, and a short sleeve button down shirt I wear open over top. My makeup is just foundation to smooth things out, a little eyeliner on top, a subtle blush, and a light lip stain. Nothing trashy or glamourous, or beautiful, just simple and a little cute.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

I'm about the same. I conduct and dress kind of like the kind of woman that I'm attracted to proper dress proper manners and a wild thing in the bedroom LOL. I do some times like a short lace sexy outfit just a little trashy but ownly when it appropriate.

I look at trashy but don't try to pick them up