Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladylike Anyone?

Victoria,
    When I make the major step to go out dressed as a woman, I will present myself as a conservative woman with a nice blouse and a matching skirt and some nice pantyhose or stockings. If decide to dress more exotic then I will save that for my at home time for now. I like skirt suits and that is more likely how I will begin my journey out into the real world.

Ladylike, yes as opposed to a man in a dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Personally, I have never had a desire to look trashy, nor have I had any desire to look glamorous. I usualy shoot for a fun casual look that is just a couple steps up from the jeans/shorts & T-shirts that most girls wear around here. My favorite outfit is a pair of denim capris, a red tank, and a short sleeve button down shirt I wear open over top. My makeup is just foundation to smooth things out, a little eyeliner on top, a subtle blush, and a light lip stain. Nothing trashy or glamourous, or beautiful, just simple and a little cute.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

I very much go in for the respectable, elegant, ladylike look myself. I've always been attracted to it as a male, and I'm inclined to project such a look when I emulate a female. I try to maintain good taste and elegance with whatever I wear, and really don't much go for the ****ty tramp look. I don't bother with casual attire and ladies pants. But then, it's my femme time, and I prefer to spend it wearing a skirt or a dress.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I read your note then looked at your avatar and spit all over my screen laughing. You look pretty sexy there. hehehe Just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    Hi gurls,girls.

I have always been somewhat of a 'lady' and dislike a sleazy image' for me personally. I know many of you prefer more of an outgoing,very provocative image of yourselves and I am fine with that.
    It's just that as a CD/TG gurl I feel more comfortable projecting a 'ladylike image'. not a fuddy duddy old maid,but classy,somewhat reserved but friendly and yes in fact sexy.

I am very feminine and think like a woman and been told quite alluring at times,don't mean to sound big-headed,just saying .

I am not standoffish or snooty as I have been hit on many times, been asked out and had men,women and CD/TG types buy me drinks and establish friendships in the past.

So I have to ask- are their other CD/TV/TG types out here who also enjoy being a lady? If so I'd like to hear from you and or your stories?

I am not judging you sisters, so open to corresponding to most,

many hugs and much support

Victoria P
    XOXOOX

I like my women just a little............make that...........a lot like Confederate Railroad does.

I tried being Ladylike once, dressed conservatively and my wife told me I looked like a 50 year old woman, this was when I was in my 20's. So from then on, it was short skirts, high heels, big boobs, tight sweaters, long nails.........never been called a lady again, well maybe lady of the night a couple times.

I tried the "$lutty" look once and it turned out way to cutsie! And apparently really hard to pull off!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    My goal is always to "blend" so I dress the way I observe that other women my age dress for a particular situation. I would judge that to be quite "ladylike" in the sense that its not provocative in any sense, appropriate, but still neat and nice. t

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure I'm different from any GG my age on this topic. When I'm in public I "act my age" but I have no reason to be dowdy! I think we are all trying to figure out our "look" or "looks" for different situations. I surely won't wear jeans to a symphony concert, but I'm not going to wear a long dress to the mall! The more provocative dress stays home

I'm definitely not a "lady" all the time, hahaha. But neither are most women. And definitely nobody I would want to date.

But whereas in the past I've had more gaudy, or provocative, taste in clothes, I've found that as I learn more and have developed more of a "feminine" eye... Well, you wouldn't catch me dead in those same clothes. I aim to develop a feminine aesthetic, which is still a work in progress.

I've tried both the sexy and sophisticated. I like both but wouldn't want someone to see me in the sexy.. just like a little leather once in a while.

I refuse to be Stompy the Elephant when out in public as a woman, it kills the whole experience. It certainly doesn't work when wearing heels.
    I also don't try to overdo acting feminine. I see my self as girly, with a tomboy edge......works for me.
    So far so good.

I don't know how lady like I am, but I been told by different men over my life that I always seem to take the woman's side of any discussion.

I like "ladylike" when appropriate, "sporty" when I'm casual, but "****ty" just doesn't work for me.

If it works for others, more power to them. Have a blast!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've tried the 'vamp' look but it just never worked for me. I look much more fem in more conservative and classic attire. Besides, I feel it's more appropriate for someone my age. I say everyone is different and should wear what works best for them.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Banned Read only
    Larry spitting and laughing at the same time? ,what was so funny?

Thanks

V

Banned Read only
    Hi Marla thanks for a nice reply,I agree with your comments and that dress is gorgeous!!

Hugs Vicki xoxo

Victoria,

Your avatar is beautiful.

I admire the dress of women of earlier generations.

My avatar is Doris Day..and has been Ginger Rodgers and Kim Novak on this board. Those women, and the way they present themselves, in skirts and dresses is the absolute pinnacle of feminine appeal to me. Even when Doris wears pants in the 60's, they are tailored pants...I am thinking pants sometimes..that can be classy too.

Not to say I am some classic pin up transvestite type, I am modern, TG'ed.

But I most always go with soft feminine clothes, never tight ladies jeans or short shorts........Not too much make up either.

Understated and feminine. The movie star ladies I mentioned are very glamorous. As are you ,my dear......

I can not write a lick tonight I am going to bed. In ballet length Vanity Fair Night Gown, rose...

Noemi
    Last edited by Noemi; 08-09-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    polythene pam

Whether dressing like a maid, a cheerleader, a schoolgirl, a secretary, a lady, or anything else, it's just dressing. It doesn't really make you that.

Yes, me too, Victoria. While my first purchases way back in the days of my youth were makeup, lingerie and hosiery, I quickly graduated to putting the whole package together and have never been one to dress hooker-ish, just not my style. I much prefer a look that echoes some of the classy, tastefully sexy women I've known in my life.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 08-09-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    My name is Carol.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    I am very feminine and think like a woman and been told quite alluring at times,don't mean to sound big-headed,just saying .
    Well, if you make a claim like that, it's best to post the pics to back it up.

I like to be ladylike when dressed the part. I try to sit straight, keep legs crossed, acting about as Jane Austen like as possible ...

One reason I like to CD to begin with.

I mean, I orginally started with being into the lingerie & whatnot, but eventually my CDing became something else, a desire for beauty & grace and whatnot.

Thank you Victoria for starting this thread. - BrendaB.

You know what they say..... A lady must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a ***** in the bedroom.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Well, Victoria, you can see by the responses that many gals agree with you and you can add my name to that list.
    While I am completely in favor of girls dressing and acting in any fashion they choose, I feel as an older woman I want to project a more age appropriate image and try as hard as I can to do that each and every time I dress.
    Part of the transition to who I really feel I am is dressing in a way that I would if I were lucky enough to have that opportunity every day.