Thread: Crossdressing is everywhere!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crossdressing is everywhere!

So I've been going through a strange period of time lately where I'm seeing crossdressing cropping up somewhere in my life at least once per day - and not when I come onto this forum!

On facebook, for instance, several times in the last couple of weeks i'll see a photo of some guy I don't know (the wonders of facebook...) wearing a dress or a skirt for whatever reason. These sorts of pictures generally get lots of comments which means they rise to the top of the news feed and I get to see them. I also 'like' George Takei, which means I get to see regular 'funnies' from him each day. One of these involved a texting conversation where a guy had made the 'crosscounty' varsity team and his phone had corrected it to 'crossdressing'!

Then there are the TV shows I watch. In a recent episode of bones a truck driver had the awkward situation of explaining to the FBI that panties found in his truck's glove compartment were, in fact, his. The most recent episode of how i met your mother saw Ted accepting Barney's challenge to try and get a girl's number whilst wearing a dress. Even the big bang theory did it, in the episode 'The Hawking Excitation' (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, though...)

All this during a time where crossdressing has been more on my mind than ever (perhaps that's why i'm noticing these things and writing a thread about it now). I wonder which friend-of-a-friend will be crossdressing on my news feed tomorrow!

Platinum Member
    It does seem to come up fairly regularly. I think its because there are only so many story lines and the even more vast wasteland of the 21st century electronic media ends up recycling storylines for frequently than ever!

I agree, it does seem to be in a lot of places I go! I was reading an article about a crossdressing Squirrel called Tommy Tucker who was used to sell war bonds in the 1940's!

See links

http://life.time.com/curiosities/a-s...-to-fashion/#1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...eRT_story.html

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Crossdressing is a theme in many comic strips as well. There have been a great many in recent years, but it also goes way back to Dagwood Bumstead frequently being forced to stand on a chair wearing one of Blondie's dresses while she hems it. I remember these from my childhood in the 1940's. I has also occured in many of the old cartoons, including Bugs Bunny and many others.

Veronica

It's always sumptin' Hon. If it ain't that, it's sumptin' else.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I agree it even made Doctors last week.
    Hugs & Kisses