Thread: Where is a good place to purchase tall clothing?

ms. victoria

Smile Where is a good place to purchase tall clothing?

I am 5'10. I wear a size 12 to 14. I am having a tough time finding decent clothes that fit me well. Anyone have some suggestions? Thank you.

p/s I love this site!!!!!!!

When you get an answer, let me know.

I'm 6', wear a 16/18, same problem.

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar

add me

Me 3 , 6'4". I think I just might be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ms. victoria
    I am 5'10. I wear a size 12 to 14. I am having a tough time finding decent clothes that fit me well. Anyone have some suggestions? Thank you.

p/s I love this site!!!!!!!

5'10 is average height. if you're looking for sizes 12-14 you could go to any store. Try Macy's, Lord and Taylors, JcPenny's, sears, or you could shop on line at chadwicks, The Avenue, Newport, etc...

6' 16/18 is still not a problem. there are tall women around. try Lane Bryant, silhouettes, or Romans. you could also go to macy's or L&T as I've mentioned.

Try going for a fitting to see if the cloathes fit you right.

6' 4" You got me?!

madyline_teddie

silkstockins71

is it not fun at a lingerie shop when the lady at the counter asks if the stockings and suspenders your'e buying are actually for you. Some times i have to wait in the change rooms for ages ontil other customers leave so i can buy what i need :

For all tall people

[QUOTE=ms. victoria]I am 5'10. I wear a size 12 to 14. I am having a tough time finding decent clothes that fit me well. Anyone have some suggestions? Thank you

This is a site for tall women http://www.longtallsally.com I had a look and they have a lot of stuff on sale at the moment but your not that tall many on here are over 6 foot. I think most womens clothes shops will have things to fit you.

larra
    how naughty do u look nina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you are looking for jeans or pants you should try St. Johns Bay. I have been looking all over for pants that I could wear that would pass for mens and still be womens and I have finally found a few pairs by St Johns. They carry tall and ultra tall and I think they have skirts, and blouses as well. But, as for the one piece type of under garments I still havn't found a good place for stuff like that.

If anyone finds any other good places let me know. St Johns can be found at JC Pennies. But you might have to order from the cataloge in order to get the right size. Which I am not to sure about due to the fact that I can't try them on to make sure that they fit well and look good on me.

anna

Lightbulb A Helpful Internet Site

Hi Ms. Victoria:

A helpful site for both internet and in-store shopping is www.tallwomen.org. It is a collection of links to tall women's shops and resources all over the world. I have found it very helpful as I am over 6 ft tall myself.

Hope it helps,

Jenny (sitting tall in the saddle out here in Montana)
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Target.com has a custom jeans form that let you choose length, waist, cut, everything. I think they're only $35. Fashion Bug is another good one. Also check Victoria's Secret. I've been thinking about trying their "Very Sexy" jean which comes in a 36" inseam. Hope that helps

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar

here it is, was looking for it

This place carries some womens tall clothing. Nice stuff.

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/fas....asp?gpcatid=2

Shinya

www.crossdress.com says they have cloths to fit guys...
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

I am 6'1" and wear 14-16. I recently bought 2 pairs of jeans (Route 66) size 14L, relaxed fit that are the most comfortable jeans I own from K-Mart. I have also bought skirts, Jaclyn Smith, and bras from K-Mart (a large selection). Chadwick"s, Silhouettes, Roaman"s and Lane Bryant catalogs are all good sources for all woman's wear and also for some larger shoe sizes.

garysawoman

online large clothes

HI: I found out several years ago that so many of the larger stores have websites that sell large sizes only online.Just type in the search tall sizes ladies.lots luck
    Last edited by garysawoman; 09-21-2004 at 03:00 PM.

garysawoman

cataloges for ever

Hello Again: After the first few orders online for tall sizes for women,i get 10-12 cats a month,no fooling I'am 6'4",180.size 12 shoes same problem as all the other ladys here,TRY IT.

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant has larger sizes. Not necessesarily taller... They are also very understanding of CDers. I have gone there a couple times and asked "Do you let guys try on clothes?" and there is always a comfortable "Oh yes, ..." Both times, the ladies kept bringing me outfits.