Thread: Force of habit or the woman within you?

Force of habit or the woman within you?

If you woke up in the morning having no recollection of dressing in the past, would you feel that something was missing in your life and go in search of your feminine inner-self?
    We all started out satisfying a curiousity about what it is like to wear clothing intended for women, so if you wiped the slate clean would it all just happen again like it did all those years ago?

Joanne

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Interesting question, I'm sure it would happen all over again, you are who you are. I reasonably sure a lot of people like me consider dressing has nothing to do with a curiosity about wearing womens clothing, but more about becoming more like who you feel you are on the inside.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Interesting question, I'm sure it would happen all over again, you are who you are. I reasonably sure a lot of people like me consider dressing has nothing to do with a curiosity about wearing womens clothing, but more about becoming more like who you feel you are on the inside.
    That sums it up for me.

I think this is a scientific guestion.their should be more studies done to see if who we are is genetic or learned.I would like to know cause I have thre children and two are boys they are young so they dont know who their father is after hours;-) .and I dont want to influence them in anyway.So if they become crossdressers would that meen it is genetic ?but at the same time if it wasnt why would we put our self through this kind of trama ,right.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hmmm, good question!
    I wonder; in the next life if I come back as a garden snake, will I STILL feel the need to get into a set of 5" ladies heels? If so, that MITE explain a lot of things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i thank we are who we are god or we can changes that you are who we are just do what you are not what life wonts you to be if you fell as a women some times do it if you fell as a man do it who is out ther to tell you to be one way or a nother it is up to you what is in side you

Hard for me to answer since I started very late in life, with no previous experience or awareness.I quess I would at this point in life, but if I were at an earlier age, most likely not. The timing just had to be right for me.

That's not as far fetched as it may sound. Basically every time we go to sleep our memory goes on hiatus. If it weren't for the memory engrams to jump start the system when we wake up, every day would be essentially "day one". If it's imbued in our being, however, there's probably a strong chance that particular desire and function would return.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    wow hard question!
    so many different paths that have been explored, questions that ask, answers that have been so hard to find… some I still don’t have…. some things have work well some not.
    At this stage in my life if all were gone I don’t thing I would yield to the pink fog mainly because I would not know what it is… sometimes I still struggle with it.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Face it, the slate was clean to start with once upon a time. Nature and nurture took over, and we became crossdressers, and many now are transgender. For some of us it was very late in life.

So if the slate was clean again, odds are pretty much in our favor of finding our inner selves all over again. given the right nature and nurture

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

We are who we are... there is the nature vs nurture debate... but I know that I am me... Pisces... two fish swimming in different directions... story of my life!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    That really is a tough question! I do think it would happen again, but who knows? I started wearing my older sisters panties when I was only 6 y/o, and other than a 5 year total hiatus have been a crossdresser ever since. Since I am now 80 years old, that means that I have crossdressed for 69 years!! Does that count for anything?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

It's a little different for me I think. I was born with girly features in my face and body. I remember thinking at some point that I could probably pass for a girl if I tried. few years later I tried on my first pair of my Moms leather boots. I have never been the same since. So I think I was born to be like this but I do question often if girl clothes never existed would I still feel like this? I don't know but i do know that I wish I was born a complete girl. however, upon further examination into this, I realize that I would probably end up living my life wanting to be a man. maybe.

I don't think that anything would be different if I had to relive my life again. I think that the desire to crossdress in innate and is not easily forgotten.

Aspiring Member
    Thats a tough question...I was mistaken for a girl on a few occassions until my early teens...which at the time I thought was so terrible...but then maybe just thats the way some of us are made (predestined?) to be. I think we all borne with "both" in us and for whatever reason it comes out in some and not in others. I think for me it would be a repeat. Amanda

Besides changes to my actual body crossdressing calms me and if I did not use it I would either physically harm myself or turn to drugs & alcohol in an attempt to escape the crazies in my head that I barely manage to contain anyway. If the slate was wiped clean the extreme anxiety similar to complex PTSD that would be there instead would be impossible to bear and something bad would happen.

For me crossdressing is therapy first and fun second which is why I try to place emphasis on the fun aspects of it to lessen the reminders that I must do it to stay somewhat sane. Hopefully in the next life I will come back as a Bernese Mountain Dog because being human is to complicated for my tastes.

Whatever is within me insists on clawing it's way out, a bit like the movie Alien only in a skirt.

If I woke up with no recollection then how would I know something was missing?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

With all respect,it is not "satisfying a curiosity" - we are only being who we are.

There is an underlying premise that is incorrectly based on conservative gender roles.

Is a woman satisfying her curiosity when she dresses as a woman in bra and panties?

No it feel as natural to her as us.

I am 50 and transgendered and nothing has changed per se since age 4.

The definitive answer is 3 letters : DNA - we cannot change it.

***To those who may purge - don't bother - store it and save the extra dough - " because try as you may it's your DNA"

Now, let's see: I'm TG, I've always been TG, but one morning I wake up and somehow I've forgotten I was. I'd soon remember. Have you seen that gorgeous new dress Kate Middleton was wearing? That's all it would take, and I'd be off to the races again. Thankfully.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I think I would be confussed by the closet full of womens clothes.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The answer is clearly no! For 55 years I woke up as a guy and it never seemed wrong.

Then a few jokes and a fateful 48 hours.

Sometimes life finds us, not the other way around!

Its my guess that if it happened to me, I would not be cding at all.