Thread: Yes there is acceptance

Gold Member

Yes there is acceptance

I have to start with this thought. When I was first getting on-line last night, I planned on posting this thread. Then I saw a couple of threads that were of the opposite thought and I hesitated because I didn't want this to appear to be against those particular threads and I do respect and completely understand the thoughts of those threads.

But I have always said that we have complete variety with all the things we do and you just cannot say anything is 100%. There have been a number of threads before the last couple of days where it was brought up that there isn't acceptance, only different levels of tolerance. Well, I respectfully disagree. We do tend to see things through our own experiences and they shape our thoughts (can't get out in my area, can't quit CDing, etc). Well, nothing is all encompassing.

So while I was at DLV, my wife went to get a tattoo she has been planning. I had talked with her about it beforehand and she was positive she wanted to do it. So here it is, basically on her lower back.

Attachment 178749

The interesting part is the very bottom. It is basically a modified transgender symbol.

Attachment 178750

Before she had this done, I asked her if she was sure she wanted to do it and that I knew she supported me. Her answer was that she wanted to do it to show her support for me even if I realized it. Now honestly, her intent was for it to be blended in a little more, but she is good with it.

So while I feel for those that don't have support or even tolerance, I also don't want anyone to give up finding a person to spend their life with. There are accepting ladies out there.

Thank you Sue, I do feel like I will be alone for the rest of my life, sure hope not though.
    Susan

very nice, so blatantly obvious to those it needs to be obvious to, and yet so pretty that those who don't "know" won't ask a million questions
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I have to start with this thought. When I was first getting on-line last night, I planned on posting this thread. Then I saw a couple of threads that were of the opposite thought and I hesitated because I didn't want this to appear to be against those particular threads and I do respect and completely understand the thoughts of those threads.
    This thread balances out the negative ones Sue.

Your relationship, and mine with my wife are fine, as well as many other couples on this board. Some days it just doesn't look that way though (hence my post) and I had thought of having it deleted.

It gave people a chance to vent though because some are not so lucky.

Sue, I am one of those going through a rough patch right now but I appriciate your post; it gives me some hope. The tat btw is beautiful.

I will put my vote in here for acceptance.
    This does not mean overboard acceptance.
    That is still a rare gift that will increase with changing views in today's society.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Your relationship, and mine with my wife are fine, as well as many other couples on this board. Some days it just doesn't look that way though (hence my post) and I had thought of having it deleted.
    I am glad you didn't Marleena. We have to look at the good, the bad, and everything in-between in order to understand what each of us face and to be able to be supportive. I feel for those that struggle with this whether it is an ongoing struggle or something that comes up periodically. But there are those days in marriage that have their challenges even if crossdressing has nothing to do with it.

Aspiring Member
    I love it Sue! Its really pretty and like lori said, its only obvious to those in the "know". But what an awesome gesture of support, nothing says "im behind your 100 percent" than wearing some fresh ink dedicated to you. I love coming here to visit to see other couples out there in the world with a similar relationship to mine and my wifes. Also please dont hesitate to share the good times, although not everyone has an accepting spouse... those of us who do, still like to hear about the triumphs that other gender-blending couples have within their marriages....and a CD's wife getting a TG supportive tattoo is an awesome story!

Thanks for sharing!
    -Donni-

You were beaming Sue when you shared the picture of the tattoo last week, and rightly so. Yes there is acceptance out there, as there is also utter rejection and everything in between. I applaud the acceptance you have in your relationship Sue!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sue, Your wife's new ink is a true piece of "Body Art" in looks and meaning, that will live on forever. This is a prime example of why people choose to get inked. I am equally fortunate to have a loving wife that is understanding and supportive.

Beautiful Tat on many levels! I know while many couples suffer over this issue, it's nice to see such a conformation of support! I also have a very accepting wife, and I think it's good to remind people as often as we can, there are women that see past the clothes, and love the guy in a skirt. Sue I think you are one lucky girl, to have such a girl!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Gold Member
    Sara, that beaming was probably the love I feel for her.

Oh I know it Tina. I feel blessed every day.

Platinum Member
    I know there are women out there who can accept CDing partners. I've found the two that I married - not at the same time. However, I didn't start out looking for an accepting woman. I really wasn't looking for a life partner, soul mate or whatever. I was just getting out and meeting people. That is the most important step - putting yourself out there.