Thread: Ive got the day off work. I want to go into town. But Im so scared.

Ive got the day off work. I want to go into town. But Im so scared.

Ive never been out in broad daylight before. And my town is pretty small. I just feel this overwhelming need to go out though.
    Theres a good little charity shop that is always closed when I get home from work and it looks like is has some really cute outfits.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Banned Read only
    If you're passable go in fem, if you aren't go in drab but underdressed, if you're worried about being outed go to the next town, dressed fem as first choice and drab if you aren't sure.

Platinum Member
    Just dress comparably to other women you see about town and take the plunge. You'll get over the nerves once you begin to interact with people.

We are alll frightened of going out en femme and yet we must ask oursleves why? Any time I have seenn someone crossdressed or naked in pulic I have made a concious effort not to stare and certainly not to make a comment.
    With the one exception when with my son we saw a cd in a cafe at least eighteen stone (250lbs.) dressed like Shirley Temple and I remarked to my son who does not know of my compulsion that he looked somewhat incongruous which he did. Otherwise good luck to those of us who want to be different as long as we do not hurt others. That is how the majority feel they are too busy with their own lives to worry about others.

Ladies, please try and forget all the 'passable' stuff. Passable is in your head, real women come in all shapes and sizes, some very manlike. It is 100% completely your attitude that will determine how you are percieved and treated, not your looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It wasn't a complete success, but it wasn't a total failure either. I couldn't find the courage to go into town to go in any shops. But I did go out in daylight for my first time, even if it was for less than 5 minutes.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Silver Member
    It is that first small step that starts us on the long journey! Keep your courage up & always be comfortable and confident in who you are - no matter what you are wearing! Most others don't seem to care or bother with what you are wearing unless you are drawing attention to yourself - ie: wearing a wedding dress in the mini mart, but I've seen that too! Thanx for sharing.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Jill View Post
    Ive never been out in broad daylight before. And my town is pretty small. I just feel this overwhelming need to go out though.
    Theres a good little charity shop that is always closed when I get home from work and it looks like is has some really cute outfits.
    I think that I would go somewhere else, instead of my own small town. There are just to many things that could go wrong in you life, if you were outed there. Is there another town nearby, that you could go to?
    Dana Ryan

Melissa

The first time out is always scary. Take baby steps if needed. 5 minutes now and maybe 10 the next time. Small towns are sort of tough, but most likely they won't recognize you anyway.

I wrote a story about my first time; which was many years ago. It's posted in Writers Socitity. It does show that most of our fears, are in our head.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...First-Time-Out

As I was out the other day and riding the bus. Dressed for sure I heard a comment from the back of the bus, or maybe I should say somewhere behind me. I was sitting in the front of the bus and all I heard was "yeah he looks good, I like that kind of stuff." Nothing else no other comments. I got a smile from a young girl as I exited the bus to. I dress close to my age in something nice I believe that is why I don't hear any rude comments. If you are just trying to dress sexy you may get ugly comments. But dressing your age or looking nice like a lady shouldn't get you anything tough. But I like being noticed. It is something that you should do if you get the urge cause you have to regret not doing it later on. I do believe you will one day though. And you will want to do it over and over again. I do.

Lv Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Silver Member
    Go to Walmart the first time as they have seen everything and won't care even if you don't pass. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

Its threads like this and the comments that make me so happy that I have no need or desire at all to go out dressed.

Almost feels like cheating. [almost!]

SUZY

Melissa Jill. Your "less than five minutes" in daylight is still far ahead of many of us. Great first step.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Congratulations Melissa. It takes these small trips to build up the confidence. I am still working mine up, and I try so hard to remember just what Jess says: Be yourself, be confident, head up, eyes forward. Time passes crossdressers blend.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Miriam
    I guess it's past the end of your day now (after 10 pm), but the next time I'd recommend the short trip from Chippenham to Bath. As a tourist town they have all types of people in and out, a lot of shops, and enough crowds to go without much notice. Also as a tourist town, they really don't take notice of anything except the money you have to spend.

By the way: I used to spend a lot of time in Chippenham on business trips. Lovely little town.

Miriam

Ahhh the journey to being a day walker takes many steps.... For me it started out driving to a vacant cul-de-sac, getting out of the car, taking a pic and getting back in as quickly as possible then home. The next step was a vacant store front the next day. Every day I found it a little bit easier to be out in the sun. Thought for sure I'd melt, but I didn't. Went to the local national cemetery for while just to sit and enjoy the sun and the wind. As time went on, I started heading into stores. First just to say that I did it, then actually shopping. Then buying, uscan at first then human contact. Ya know, it was all in my head as the butterflies have left me completely and I regularly am out and about.

I gave up on the 'trophy' pictures and just snap one or two before I go out to see if I missed anything. You know the white bra under the black top always seems to shine through. Darn, change and snap another shot. Good enough to go out.

Back in the early steps of the day-walking journey the few hours that I had to myself seemed to last forever. Now, I'm out and after a few errands, it's time to pack it all back up in the 'closet' take a shower and go back to the non-comfy cloth life. Not sure how much longer my brain can take living in two worlds....

Oh well, that's the theme for another thread I think.....

Renne.....