Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SRS Seperatism, Reparative therapy, and the general state of the Trans-Community

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    My doctors SRS letter does not have my address on it. You can research the specifics on the FAA website. It says you need your address on the SRS letter.
    Kate, I can't be bothered with you seriously.

As for what you just claimed about the FAA, thanks for proving that you don't pay attention to detail.

Gender Change

To obtain a new airman certificate that reflects a gender change, you must appear at an FAA Flight Standards District Office
    (FSDO) for positive identification You must present one or both of the following documents to an FAA Inspector:

• A court order issued by a court of the United States or its territories stating that you have changed your gender

• A statement from a physician or clinical psychologist treating you that contains:
      • Your identification by name and address
      • Verification that you are undergoing treatment that has altered or will alter your gender

In many states in the USA and also in Australia you can be legally identified as a female on
    your drivers licence by producing a gender identity certificate by your doctor or by court order.

You don't need the SRS letter for the FAA, you only need to be undergoing treatment. SRS is not
    a requirement of both of two options they offer. You can always ask a doctor to add your address
    information to a gender identity certificate, or a drivers licence so that is not a big hurdle.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 05-05-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Hmmm ok. Well thanks for taking your precious time to actually be bothered with me. Rather interesting. Thinking its about time to get going to a derby game I have to run some chicks over or get run over.

If you ever get the precious time I would love to know more about this intersex thing. As I recall you said you were more worthy of female than perhaps me. My response to you was to inquire as to showing and educating what this intersex thing is. I suppose anyone can say they are intersex now cant they? Come to think of it I wanted to ask that one girl Chloe that got stung by a bee and then turned trans about the whole thing but I doubt she would be able to furnish any useful information. Perhaps you can.

As said to you I have NEVER seen any documents from anyone claiming to be intersex that shows how they are intersex. Since you have told people you are you must have documents. Could you educate us and scan them so that we can see them and learn from them? Please?

but damm it you got testicles and can be a father you got no right to be called FEMALE on your birth certificate!!!!
    You dont deserve the status of female on your birth certificate!!!!!!!!!!
    What is scarry is someone with a female birth certificate that can be a father because there are testicles between thier legs.

to answer your question about F to M. If they have ovaries and can be a mother then they are still female on thier birth certificate as far as I am concerned.
    I find it interesting how you tie the ability to reproduce to gender.
    That is a VERY slippery slope you're looking down.
    There are plenty of GG and GM that can not reproduce.
    Are they any less of a Woman or a Man because of that?

If like you say being able to reproduce should preclude you from gender changes on a B/C shouldn't the inability to reproduce not also then be included?

Shouldn't FtM's then be able to get an M after just a hysterectomy?
    Due to the poor results of current FtM SRS surgery?

If that is true then shouldn't MtF's be able to get an F after just an orchiectomy?
    Regardless of the superior quality of current MtF SRS surgery.

After all, in both cases the reproductive ability has been removed.
    SRS should not need be a precursor to changing ones gender on a B/C.

As I stated, a very slippery slope indeed seeing as you can not give one side a break and not the other. That would just not be fair.

It appears the federal government does not allow people with testicles to use female! Hmmmm I wonder why that is?

The Federal [US] Government DOES in fact allow "people with testicles" to use Female.
    A passport is a FEDERALLY issued and regulated document.
    And as of 2010 [and updated again in 2011] the Fed allows a "transgender person" to update their passport to "reflect his or her current gender". WITHOUT the need for SRS.

Here is link in case you wanted to read it: http://transequality.org/Resources/passports_2012.pdf

There are also many states [State Governments] that allow gender changes to be made to one's drivers license. Again WITHOUT the need for SRS.

So tell me Kate, which government where you referring to again?

When I see people that say that somone that has testicles and fits the exact definition of MALE is fighting to get some right to change thier birth certificate to FEMALE I think they are nuts!
    Can you explain for the group, just what does:
    "somone that has testicles and fits the exact definition of MALE" Mean?

Finally, I'm a bit OCD with grammar/spelling. So with that I just wanted to point out that the correct spelling is Their and not Thier. Thanks, Sammy.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-05-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Removed the more disrespectful comments.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    Separatism as it relates to the plight of the TS and IS communities is needed at this time.

Transitioning and transitioned TS and IS people do not need their lives complicated further by aligning with pan sexuals, cross dressing fetishists or fantasy dressers....

We don't switch genders constantly like Pansexuals causing confusion to the general public.
    We don't dress as someone of the opposite sex, masturbate then discard clothing.
    Yet this permeates the public's perception off what Transsexuality and Intersexuality is.

Many of us educate to correct the public's mistake.

If you are going to get on a soap box and look down on anybody not exactly like you while simultaneously "educating the public" at least get your facts straight!!

Definition of Pansexual:
    1.Psychiatry . pertaining to the theory that all human behavior is based on sexuality.
    2.Also, omnisexual. expressing or involving sexuality in many different forms or with a variety of sexual outlets.

Definition of Pansexuality:
    Refers to the potential for sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction towards persons of all gender identities and biological sexes.
    Also referred to as Omnisexuality.

Pansexuality is akin to, but differs slightly from Bisexuality.
    both describe one's SEXUAL ORIENTATION. The same way as Straight, Lesbian or Gay also do.

Pansexuality has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with gender Identity, gender presentation or a lack thereof.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-05-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Removed the more disrespectful comments.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

It is quite astonishing that you believe that this kind of discourse is useful. There are real issues here and I am not sure this is helpful. And by the way "poorly misinformed" double negative? Hmmmm....
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    It is quite astonishing that you believe that this kind of discourse is useful.
    There are real issues here and I am not sure this is helpful.
    And by the way "poorly misinformed" double negative? Hmmmm....
    Hello Kathryn.
    You are correct. After re-reading my post I have to agree that my last statement was a bit grammatically "iffy" at best. So I changed it. Thank You

True! There are issues here.
    And I would like to think and hope that I'm not the only one with this issue.

One of those issues is someone who touts themselves as a voice of TS/IS's.
    Who has obvious utter disdain for anyone who isn't a TS or IS person.
    Who is unable to properly distinguish gender identity from sexual orientation.
    Who claims to be or has the desire to be properly educating the general public.
    Who does not have those facts correct when doing so.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-05-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Removed the more disrespectful comments.

Well, all good things come to an end.

Although the discussion was productive, this thread has now turned into a vehicle for sarcasm and contention. Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive.

Thread closed.
    Reine