Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Ask-a-gg

Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    With all of the males that are CD's, TS and TGs mostly MtF. My question is why is there still no account to all the women that don't wear all the clothing that we wear.
    My SO and I belong to a rather large MtF TG support group that has both TS and CD members. (Side note - FtMs are welcome, but no FtM has ever attended). Anyway, I've noticed that the CD members enjoy dressing up a lot more than the TSs, who dress pretty much like the GGs. The TSs have transitioned to female, and of course the GGs are already female, so we don't really need fancy clothes to feel feminine. We are feminine by virtue of being who we are. If this makes sense.

GGs and TSs do dress up once in a while too, when the occasion calls for it (i.e. weddings), but in our day and age, most of the places we go to on a daily basis are very casual. I rarely see anyone dressed up in our local restaurants, at the grocery store, at the mall, bank, etc, even at work ... and this goes for both women AND men. And I think a lot of people feel silly dressing up when no one else is dressed up, or at least I do. I hate walking into the room dressed to the nines when everyone else is casually dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Anne View Post
    Ok, How the heck to do put mascara on your bottom lashes? 20 years and I still don't have that one down.
    It's a lot easier if you have long lower lashes! I just smear the tip of the brush on mine back and forth, very lightly, and use my thumb and index finger to squeeze out clumps from my lower lashes if there are any. But if you dab the tip of the mascara brush on a tissue first, you won't get clumps.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-17-2016 at 04:16 AM.
    Reine

That's pretty much what I've been doing. Takes a steady hand...

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Okay, another question for the GG's...

I read this entire thread a few months ago, but I don't recall it being asked yet.

Have any of you ever dressed up as a guy before?

Not talking about simply wearing your male SO's flannel shirt or his jacket or something, as part of your fem outfit.

I'm talking about full-bore, presenting as a guy. Perhaps for Halloween? Or just for the heck of it, maybe when he was all dolled-up?

You know, all guy-clothes including stuff like socks & underwear (or a sock in your underwear! ), any long hair tucked up into a hat, some make-up or something as facial hair / 5-o'clock shadow. (Binding your boobs is optional. )

If so, what was it like for you? Would you do it again?

And if not, would you ever consider doing it? Why or why not?

Thanks!

mhh no, didnt ever cross my mind either. i dressed up as an elf, does that count? :P

I did once for a drag show where Sherlyn and I did a drag show. Sherlyn did the Nancy Sinatra part and I did the Lee Greenwood part . Had a flannel shirt, cowboy hat and boots, jeans and beard.it was fun performing together. But I just felt like me playing a part as I did many times in my younger yrs in plays ( been a nun, old lady, bride , a Queen)
    Would I do it again.... Don't know did not mean anything to me but art.So for art sake who knows.

About singing together it was sooooo fun
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I've never dressed as a guy. I've worn old guy shirts (my sons' discards) to paint in though. And once I bought men's leather sandals that looked just like women's (same color, same everything), because they didn't have size 11 in women's sandals.
    Reine

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have a sense of humor when it comes to your S.Os Crossdressing ? I have been trying on women's clothes all my life having grown up with many sisters so I have tried on things just for a laugh. Are you ok with your guy having a sense of humor when it comes to hiss silly hobby ?
    For example do you find cartoons on the subject amusing or some how bad, Like thesehotel_rm_panic.jpg
    ordress.jpg

No, my SO and I do not treat the CDing as a joke, if this is what you mean. My SO would not like it if she were forced outside in a state of semi-dress, should there be a fire.

I can see having a sense of humor when things go wrong, though, for example laughing when the nail polish application is a disaster rather than becoming frustrated or angry. But, this is a healthy attitude to take whenever anything goes wrong, for example burning the rice as I did tonight. Life's too short to get upset over the small stuff.

If anything, in a world where the CDing is often not accepted, I find it sad when CDers are made fun of, or when the CDing causes turmoil in a relationship.
    Reine

Thanks Reine. I enjoy your huge contributions to this site .

I guess I was trying to point out that in life one has to laugh at themselves. For those of us in the closet it is both awful and amusing when we are in the process of dressing and are interrupted . the other thing about this hobby is that we guys sometimes try on and wear things our wives would never wear which in itself to me is amusing. I have tried on things like Vintage Peignoir sets or Square dance dresses with petticoats that you could not pay her to wear ! Actually I lost a bet ot my wife and she had me model a Peignoir set she was given by her grandmother . We both laughed at how funny I looked but she literally fell over laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    We both laughed at how funny I looked but she literally fell over laughing.
    I hear what you're saying, but the other side of this is how awful a CDer might feel over looking ridiculous in something s/he really wants to wear. This would not be humorous.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Something in Robbiegirl remarks (559) rekindled something my wife said when she found out what cross dressing was all about. When we were first married there was some bedroom play with nightgowns, stockings and a garter belt. I always loved the feel of nylon. Often we spent Saturday afternoons in Macy's on Herald Square, Gimbel's and many other stores with very nice lingerie. I loved buying her lingerie. She had a great figure. When our first child was born she asked that I not sleep in a nightgown because our child shared our bedroom. Ok, no problem. When our second child was born the kid pulled a vivid red Vanity Fair bra from my storage area. My wife and I had "The Talk." She realized my 'kink' for nylon was more than bedroom play. We entered DADT.

One of her constant retorts in the beginning of DADT was "Don't buy me any lingerie!" Why? "Because you're probably thinking how you would look in the lingerie, not me!"

There was nothing I could ever say or do for many many years to make her believe I was thinking how she looked in the lingerie.

Have any of you GG"s felt the same way about your husband's lingerie purchases for you? If so, did you share that feeling with him and end up shutting him down?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Have any of you GG"s felt the same way about your husband's lingerie purchases for you? If so, did you share that feeling with him and end up shutting him down?
    I haven't felt that way, but this is both our second relationship. We were in our 40s when we got together, and I knew about the CDing from the onset. Also, my SO already had a wardrobe and since we didn't live together he certainly did not feel constrained about buying anything he wanted.

Had I been at a younger stage in my life, I might have felt the way your wife did, especially if I felt that my SO wanted to dress more than I felt comfortable with. I might well have thought that he was wanting to live vicariously through me. I'm guessing that she doesn't understand why you enjoy female clothes so much. She might also be explaining the CDing to herself as your way to compensate for what you feel she lacks. Lots of women wonder if they are "not enough" for their husbands during the first few years they know about the CDing. I felt that way. It takes a long, long time for most of us to get it. And it takes a long time, because most of us have grown up without seeing any CDing modeled around us as we were growing up. It's not something we "get" naturally because there aren't many people who do this. Please try to be patient with your wife and be sure to keep the lines of communication open.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-16-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    Reine

Robbiegirl I think we laugh a lot together but not about being tg as its just our life together...and not a joke might be different than what you mean. It's just every day life.

Stephanie we usually buy stuff together and I prob buy her more than she buys me
    I'd never think that but I knew her from the get go and met Sherlyn first.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My senior year of high school at church camp, we did a gender swap and I dressed as a boy while a friend dressed as a girl. I always liked the girl in a tie look, but never tried it.
    Last edited by Gabriella111; 01-20-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

@ steph

yes, my husband has a different look on his face, which he totally denies, nonetheless its different. so yeah i dont let him buy me any clothes at all. also i dislike his taste in female clothes, an other reason not to let him near my wardrobe lol.

Walking toe first not heal..

My question is does it happen naturally? And any advise to help someone learn, or tips.
    Joan Meredith,
    Slow to live the dream
    I'll get there when I get there

I walk with my heel first (heel-toe). Most people do, although kids often learn to walk with toe first (toe-heel), and switch to heel-toe as they get older. Walking toe-heel is inefficient as it uses up 50% more energy. However, switching back and forth from from heel-toe to toe-heel can be good for athletes:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24...s-of-the-foot/

My SO has a short Achilles tendon and has always walked toe-heel, which gives him a plundering walk. But, it is less noticeable when she is dressed and in heels.

I've just tested my walk with my 4" pumps, and I walk heel-toe with those as well. So, just continue to walk normally, you'll be fine!
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-25-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Reine

I was recently in a Rite Aid pharmacy and right at the entrance was a large display of nail polish, there was a pink color that caught my eye so I decided to buy it.

I bought it because it caught my eye but now at home after testing it I see a lot of glitter and it kind of makes me feel that it is more of a style for younger girls rather than for older women.

Do you as a GG wear glittery nail polish as an adult or do you feel like its more for younger girls (pre-teens, teens, young adults)?

I wear glittery top coats sometimes. It is a bit more girly, but I don't think it's necessarily out of place. Perhaps depends on your personality and style of dress. Could clash, I suppose. In that case, always good for the toes!
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Dee, you're in your mid-fifties. We're in the same age group. I think that glitter nail polish is too young for me, if it is mega-glitter, especially if I'm just out and about.

But, maybe there is a more subtle glitter top-coat out there, the type that barely glitters when the light hits it a certain way? That wouldn't be too bad.
    Reine

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't realize it had so much glitter until I got home.

Untitled
    Time for a new thread.

Thank you for all your questions and a special thank you to the GGs who have responded
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another