Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask-a-gg

I would guess most of us are open-minded about other issues: we have friends who are gay and we think they should have the same rights as everyone else. Maybe some experience with other cultures, to understand that the way we were raised is not the only way to live.

Agree
    Being open Minded

I'd always thought of myself as an open-minded person. I had no patience with anyone who put down anyone because of their race, religion,gender or sexuality.I was at odds with my father even at a young age over ( what I saw as his views on everything being either black or white) he could not see beyond his own set of values.
    Being open minded opened me to find a great love.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I'll chime in here with being open minded and I'll add: at a personal level and not just with ideals. ... Be aware that some people are liberal when it comes to arm's length experiences ... they accept and embrace all races, religions, and gender/sexual diversity, until it's in their own back yards. In other words, there is no guarantee that an open-minded person will willingly enter a relationship with someone who engages in cross-gender expression, or be happy when their son or daughter marries outside their ehthnicity, etc.
    Reine

Hi Everyone.

I have a questions for GG's please.

If you were told that starting tomorrow morning you couldn't act or dress like a woman, how long do you think you could last?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah21 View Post

If you were told that starting tomorrow morning you couldn't act or dress like a woman, how long do you think you could last?
    No one would ever say that to me as I am in a relationship with someone who loves me for me and vise versa.
    So pretending someone might say that to me......still would never happen as I would not be anything but myself and we make sure we keep on the same page.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Since I wasn't socialized to be a man, and don't look like one, I don't think I would be able to act like one very convincingly. But if I woke up in a man's body through some Freaky Friday situation, I think I would try to muddle through as best I could. I would tell my husband what happened and we would work together to find some way of dealing with the situation.

I wouldn't know how to Not act like a woman. I tried to walk as a man once and the result was laughable.
    Reine

Hi Everyone.

I might be able to pull it off for a while, but I would be MISERABLE. Self-expression is important to me, and my "self" is feminine. That's why I support freedom of gender expression. If there is a part of you (or all of you) that wants to act or dress as a woman, I think you should be able to.

(as to the "how long" part of your question: after a few months, I think it would adversely affect my psychological health.)
    Last edited by Cynthia GG; 01-23-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: to include a more precise answer

I can't say how long I would last but I sure would be miserable. I could dress like a man for a while, I'd probably really enjoy it and get into all sorts of styles. But I couldn't stop acting like a woman. I'm a very role orientated woman, and I know that sounds bad, especially up in here, but I'm being me. It was just the way I was raised I guess. But bottom line is I'd go a bit crazy My SO would go crazy if he couldn't CD, I get it and he's very patient with me when I primp too!

Hi Everyone.

I'm female first off...I cannot change that. But I can be gender fluid, at times, so maybe a week? Though I cannot do somethings without assistence that a genetic male can do.....maybe a day?

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Hi Everyone.

I dont act like a woman, I am a woman so I would have to make a concerted effort to try and act like something else as everything I do in my life is done as a woman. As for dressing like a woman, I dont - I wear gender neutral clothing - jeans, T-shirts, flat shoes etc. I wear comfy clothes not glamorous clothes.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Everyone.

I think I'd muddle through the not dressing part indefinitely as it's just clothes and not really an issue for me personally. But the acting part? I don't act - I just AM a woman. I wouldn't have the faintest clue what that means really, but I know even less about being a man so I guess I'd last three seconds and would give up and go back to being me. I'm apparently very feminine by nature, according to others, though I still don't really get that. I'm just me, and that's a woman by birth. Anything else would be an act.

Hi Everyone.

I don't understand your question. I am a women so I would be one no matter what I wear. I don't know how to "act" like one because I am one. Next question.

Bisexual GG
    Hi Everyone.

Considering that I've always fit in better with guys than girls, I'd probably manage well enough.

Makeup addict!
    Hi ladies, a question; lipstick on the win glass, long hair getting in our eyes, pantyhose tearing, and heels making the feet uncomfortable. I don't put put up with it often for obvious reasons, but how are you ladies able to deal with the downsides of the lady life so often?

Bisexual GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD View Post
    Hi ladies, a question; lipstick on the win glass, long hair getting in our eyes, pantyhose tearing, and heels making the feet uncomfortable. I don't put put up with it often for obvious reasons, but how are you ladies able to deal with the downsides of the lady life so often?
    For the lipstick on wine glasses, I switched to lip stains. If you get one that's a long-last lipstick and not something that actually stains your lips, all you need to get it off is a lip scrub (which you can make with olive oil and sugar). Apply it, let it sit for a bit so the oil can break up the lipstick, rub your lips together to scrub then lick or wipe it off. I can't really wear heels at the moment and I wear stockings instead of pantyhose, so I can't say much about those. Hair in your eyes is just something I've dealt with for so long I don't even notice, but it helps I have fine hair. In summary, either find an easier alternative/fix or just grin and bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD View Post
    This to me isn't a downside, it is just a reality. As Ria Lynn says, find an alternative or live with it. The big thing I used to struggle with is panty hose. The shelf life on a pair of pantyhose is never as long as I want it to be, but I hate wearing skirts/dresses without panty hose, so I live with it.

If you're going to wear lipstick, then it will come off on glasses. If you don't like to see lipstick on your glass then don't wear any ... or don't drink.

I have long hair and it doesn't get in my eyes.

I don't wear uncomfortable heels. My shoes fit properly.

Pantyhose runs? They happen, just like shoes get scuffed. Or makeup gets used up. Or batteries get worn down. Facts of life.
    Reine

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    yep. pretty much what Reine said - nobody is forcing you to wear high heels, pantyhose or lipstick - I like comfort and to that end I dress accordingly.

Banned Read only
    A question for the genetic women - is a drinking straw an excellent solution to the rather crucial problem of "lipstick on the glass", or is it unladylike somehow?

Bisexual GG
    I've always considered it a great solution, not only does it save you from putting lipstick on your glass you also don't have to reapply as much. The only time I consider it unladylike is if you're slurping loudly. Just keep in mind that unless it's a dark straw you'll still leave visible lipstick on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG View Post
    I don't understand your question. I am a women so I would be one no matter what I wear. I don't know how to "act" like one because I am one. Next question.
    Sorry if I phrased the question incorrectly, I agree "acting" and "dressing" were a poor choice of words.
    I should have asked if you were told that you couldn't be a woman.

Actually what I was meaning to ask had nothing to do with fictionmania or a fantasy land.
    I'm questioning myself, confused and trying to come to terms with accepting who I am.
    All my life I have been afraid to be myself and tried to conform to society's expectations.

I guess I should have posted in a different section but I posted here because I was curious how gg's would feel if they couldn't be their true selves.
    I hope I haven't caused offense to anyone or if I have asked a silly question in the wrong section.

Thanks, Sarah. I'll focus on your question since it seems to be in earnest.

IF I was told tomorrow that I could no longer wear a dress, wear makeup, if I had to sport a man's haircut and find clothes in men's stores that fit, honestly I think I'd survive. The rest of me wouldn't change ... I'd still have my loved ones, my friends, I'd still enjoy the same interests, I'd still have my job, enjoy the same movies, books, etc. I get enjoyment out of my life from the people in it and the activities that I choose to engage in. And not by how I present.

Heck, most of the time I'm in blue jeans and I don't wear makeup anyway. I do have long hair now, but for most of my life it was quite short out of choice. I found it much easier to deal with short hair when my kids were little. And my finger nails? I consider it a pain to grow them and paint them. lol. Short and clean is the way I like them.

Hopefully I'd still be able to be attractive enough to a potential male mate though. I'm hetero and would not be at all happy if only women were attracted to me. But, I don't think this would be a problem.
    Reine

Hi Paula,
    I am a GG and a SO of a CD. I always drink out of a straw! And I am very girlie and ladylike! There are several reasons I drink from a straw; 1. It keeps your teeth whiter if you are a cola and/or tea drinker, 2. Since I am usually drinking water using a straw helps me to drink more than by just sipping. The more water I have the better my skin looks. I do have one exception to using straws, and that is any beverage with alcohol. It is most definitely not ladylike to drain the bottom of a cocktail with a straw. I will add the my SO finds lipstick on the rim of a glass very hot; so from time to time I will grab his glass and give him a nice puckered lipstick stain on his glass and hand it back to him. He loves that! Just my 2 cents.