Thread: Hiding nail polish

Hiding nail polish

Does anyone have any good tricks for hiding their nail polish at work? I just love wearing nail polish and it makes me feel so femminime every time I catch a glimpse of it when I am hanging out around the house. However, this would never be tolerated at work, and I just can't keep wearing band-aids over my finger tips and making up stories about getting burned on the BBQ. Taking the polish off daily and putting it back on after work would be way too much hassle. Anyone out there solve this problem already?

Thanks!!

Billie

Miriam
    I would think that really hiding is pretty near impossible in most jobs (exception: jobs requiring gloves full time). But you can hide in plain sight with a clear polish. Even a gloss, which is quite visible, can be explained in terms of helping with bad nails. For a little less visibility, stick to a clear matte.

Miriam

Press on nails would make your life easier.

I just keep my toes painted.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    I just keep my toes painted.

Anna

Ditto here.

I work with finishes and thinners all day, so painted fingernails would not last long anyway. I do enjoy keeping my toenails polished; although I do remove it and re-apply alot during the summer (flip-flop season)
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My nails actually have been damaged and "delaminate" if I don't put something on them. I use OPI nail envy matte finish. In the process of a week I will add a coat every 2 days at night and then in the morning buff then with a light abrasive pad to knock off the shine. My hands are often looked at and no one has said a word in the 5 years I've been doing this (except my Dr. who wanted to know if it was helping).

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Nails for Males by OPI is a very matte clear, I have found that a pale pink works great as a base then the matte.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Professional manicures are a hallmark of a well-groomed male, and these often include clear polish. There is no stigma to wearing clear polish, unless you object to an occasional compliment from a GG while in male mode!

I wear Orly Tough Cookie as my everyday polish. It also serves as an excellent base coat when I go out dressed.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I keep my toes painted. I love seeing them every night when I take my shoes off.
    ​Cindy

Not sure if you have kids, but a neice would work just as well?? You could say " my daughter ( or neice) likes to give manicures" if anyone asked? Or that you lost a bet and had to wear your nails painted for a certain amount of time?? This is a good one for if you're caught wearing panties too, that you lost a bet.

Other than a good lie, I can't really think of an easy way to hide them other than what was already suggested.

I also keep my toenails polished and my fingers when I don't have to work. The problem with nail polish is that its whole purpose is to be seen, so it's hard to hide. I only wear it when I don't care who sers, although I commiserate with you because I love to wear nail polish and would wear it all the time if I could.

Aspiring Member

Don't hide

I frequently use a sparkley-pink nail polish but my problem is chipping. My hands get a lot of abuse doing yardwork and other chores so polish only lasts a day or so before it looks too ratty. I'm retired so I have more options.

If visibility is a concern then painting toenails is probably the best option; you can always do the fingers for the weekend.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

I can't count the times someone has looked down and exclaimed "are your toes painted?". Just part of the fun to me now!........When I see all the tatoo's that the next generations are wearing I think nail polish is pretty tame.
    regent,

Cerebral Ninja
    My nails are usually painted in an androg way, and I work 3rd shift, so my boss doesn't mind. no need to hide
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

I wear Orly Nails for Males. Nice cler semi-matte finnish. My wife doesn't complaign.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Even though I wear long, pink and white acrylic-coated nails at all times, I don't display colored polish except when fully dressed. It just seems like a step too far for me, and as others have said, there's really no practical way to conceal it. I do have a shiny clear gel coat on my fingers at all times, and my toes are very colorful!

- Diane