Thread: Do you ask where?

Do you ask where?

When you have seen a woman wearing a particularly attractive item of clothing, that was so attractive that you knew you desperately wanted one just like it, have you ever asked her where she bought it? What sort of response did you get? Did she ask why you were asking?

I have asked women and girls where they have gotten some item of clothing, accessory or footwear. I look them directly in the eyes, compliment them their overall look and then ask where they got that one special item that caught my attention. I smile and always get a thank you and the information I am interested in. Most people take those types of questions when asked nicely as compliments and are more than happy to share information.

If you are en drab it could be tricky. En femme it is a fairly standard woman-to-woman practice, even if she is a perfect stranger.

Often, when you compliment another woman she will automatically tell you where she got the items.

"Oh! I've been admiring your blouse, it looks so great on you!"

"Thanks, I got it at Macy's," or ""Thanks, I got it a long time ago." (Meaning "you can't get one now").

If it doesn't go down that way you can say something like, "I've been looking for something like that'" and she is likely to tell you where she got it.

The problem can be she's keeping it secret, like the "long time ago" thing, or she coud be upscaling; maybe she got it at Target or Kohl's but will tell you Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've asked a couple of times and it seemed like the she was flattered to be noticed and asked. They told me where they had purchased the item; which seemed like it was a positive experience.
    Dana Ryan

No, but there is one woman in my office that at least once a week wears something I would love to ask about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndie View Post
    No, but there is one woman in my office that at least once a week wears something I would love to ask about.
    Give me her number an Ill call her for ya an ask her ,,, Hey no problem thats what friends are for ,,Oh an yes I do ask ,,Cuz number one Im a natural BIG MOUTH ,,,Shocking to find that out about me I know ,,But yep the cats out the bag ,,Mostly Ill say something about there hair ,,Sometimes Ill get that deer in the head lights look ,,, Hell Im ugly in drap ,,Maybe I scare em ? But they tell . The shoes are my favorite ,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Just about everywhere I go I see attractive women with nice clothing.

Many years ago, I would have loved to have asked a girlfriend where she got a certain dress from. Simple because I wanted it for myself! Somehow, I don't think she would have appreciated that from me back then.

I often wonder 'what if', if we had stayed together, even married, would we be sharing clothes or would I have gone through the two divorces I had to endure before I found someone who understands me better. No, she wasn't one of my wives, but when I think back, I sort of wish she had been. Had I known back then what I know now, I would not have let her go so easily.

Silver Member
    No, but there are times I wish I could. It just seems it might be a bit odd or uncomfortable for a male to come up and ask such a question (and my voice doesn't pass if I am en femme.)

Gold Member
    About 3 weeks ago; at my Legion Hall, I was selling a game cards at a table.
    On the next table down a young Girl, (20 something) sat down to play bingo with
    what looked like her Mother.
    She was wearing this Gold Sequence front top, and a gold color the rest of the top,
    Back and sides. This top shined real Nice in the hall lights.
    After 30 minuets, I finally spoke to her: " that is a very nice top, Where did you get it"?
    T-J-Max she said, I said, well I like it. She just smiled and said thanks.
    So if you do see something real nice, Go ahead and compliment the person, who does not
    like a real At-A-Girl once in a while.
    Rader

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Over the many years I have asked women where they got a certain clothing item many times. Sometimes I was Stephanie and sometimes I was in drab. I virtually always got an answer, telling me where it came from. On a like note, I have been asked many time where I got a particular skirt or top that I was wearing! The odd thing is that happens more frequently now when I am out dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I really am. No makeup or wig!! Just a guy in feminine clothes.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I haven't yet, but I have the feeling that I will someday soon. I am always people watching just to get a sense of their fashion, and there sure is a lot of cute things to be bought out there.

I don't recall ever asking where they got it, but I do comment on a woman's outfit if I like it. Most are thrilled I commented.

No, but the reverse is true. I've been stopped in a mall and asked by a GG if I made a particular crocheted top and when I replied I didn't then she asked where I bought it. That was nice experience.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have done so a few times, with mixed results. Two out of the three women seemed flattered, and one seemed to be interested as to why a guy would want to know such a thing. Not in a condescending way, but more with that 'knowing smile' kind of expression. And not to judge people on they way that they dress but, I really should have expected the rude reply I recieved from the third woman. Live and learn.

yes I have and have had positive responses and conversations, I have also asked about nail colours and where they get them done and sometimes I have even asked about where they have bought their shoes. I have always been dressed as Paige.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Give me her number an Ill call her for ya an ask her ,,, Hey no problem thats what friends are for ,,Oh an yes I do ask ,,Cuz number one Im a natural BIG MOUTH ,,,Shocking to find that out about me I know ,,But yep the cats out the bag ,,Mostly Ill say something about there hair ,,Sometimes Ill get that deer in the head lights look ,,, Hell Im ugly in drap ,,Maybe I scare em ? But they tell . The shoes are my favorite ,,
    Thanks for the offer ~ you are way koooool