Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever shopped for shoes wearing pantyhose?

many times, the SA doesn't care and I've had no bad experiences. I buy most of my shoes online, but I do buy about 40% of my female shoes in person.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Not with a sa, only when I can try shoes on by myself.

I've only tried on heels with the SA present once,and that was at Suzy Sheer when i bought my wedge heeled over the knee boots. My loving wife surprised me with a pair as a gift from another store,but they didn't fit me. I had seen the ones at Suzy Sheer,and fell in love with them,but i wanted to try them on first before i bought them. By chance,the day i went in,they had a hudge one day sale on and the place was packed. There was this one SA there that kept looking at me and smiling every time she would walk by. She finally stopped and leaned in to me and asked quietly if the boots were for my SO or me. I said for me,and she told me to come with her and she took me to the shops store room and told me to try them on to make sure they fit me ok. As we walked back to the back of the shop,she reached out and grabbed a pair of beige platform peep toe pumps in size 9 and 10 and had me try them on aswell. She told me both the boots and the shoes looked darling on me and i should buy them both,as the sale would have both costing the same as the boots would anyway. Very nice experiance.
    And yes i went prepared wearing stockings,and the SA didn't say a word about the stockings.

When I shop for women's shoes, I go en femme.
    I'll grab one of those foot-sized sheer sockies, whatever they are, and try on every shoe I like.
    Panty hose or sheer stockings do not excite me. I think and shop like a girl. I'm all about the outfit. if I'm buying heels, they better feel good enough to wear for a couple of hours, that's all that matters. I like going into DSW or Famous because I can try everything out right on the spot. My foot is a womens 9 W in US size. The wide width is often difficult to find, so I often resort to ordering on zappos.com for the size.

I normally buy my shoes at payless, and I shop dressed so yes i have on panty hose.... Like some of the other ladies here i wear a 12 W and I have found a good selection at payless.. and the store people have always be kind.. some have even gone out of the way to help me find what i was looking for.. so i will keep going to payless for that reason

Starr

Same as the last two posters, I usually shop for shoes fully dressed. Last Friday, I went to a Payless for shoes while wearing a cotton sundress and hose. The sales woman was very helpful while I was looking through the selection and we had a nice chat about the comfort of a few different brands of their shoes. Of course, ever pair I tried on had to be tested by walking up and down the aisle, sitting and looking at them in the little angled mirrors on the benches, then smoothing the skirt of my dress under me as I sat to change into the next pair.

I ended up buying two pairs. A pair of black pumps, and a pair of open-toed strapy sandals with a 3" heel which I wore out of the store.

I've shopped at over a dozen 'Payless' stores all around this area and have had NOTHING but good experiences with the sales staff there. From what a few have told me, they have quite a large CD clientele and are more than happy to see us.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I always wear sheer toe pantyhose and bright red toenail polish when I shop for shoes. I don't try to disguise the fact that I am male because my gender presentation is a combination of male and female. Also, I always wear women's shoes when I go shopping for shoes. When the sales clerk looks down and sees that I am wearing women's heels and red toenails, they know that I am a serious shopper for women's shoes.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was in Chicago and headed to Boyz town in male mode, got off the El and the first corner I reached was a clothes shop split between men and women and TVs. I wandered into the TV section and was looking at shoes. An SA came up to me and asked if there was anything I wanted to try on. I said yes and she handed me a pair of peds to put on instead of my male socks. I tried on a few pairs of heels and bought a lovely patent leather black pair of pointed heels, about 4".

Just no big deal, but then again it was clearly a section for TVs

I wouldn't even think of trying on women's shoes without thin nylons on. I usually wear women's trouser socks even in male mode (I like that they come up almost to the knee and avoid showing any leg when my pants ride up), which are about the weight of opaque tights and work fine. Of course, more often I'm fully dressed with sheer hose when intentionally shopping for shoes, but I'm ready for those spontaneous finds anytime no matter what the outerwear!

- Diane

I always wear pantyhose when shopping for shoes....unless I am looking for a thong type sandal

Platinum Member
    I aways wear either pantyhose or trouser socks it just wouldn't be
    cool to try on a sexy pair of pumps with white cotten socks on.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It is the only way to make sure the shoe will fit. I like way my foot is able to slide in properly.

Any time that I try on shoes, it is always with pantyhose. Only once has it been in front of a sales associate and she was awesome about it.

I just was trying on heels yesterday. I always have either pantyhose stockings or trouser socks on when I do. I am only under dressing when I do this. The SA at the payless only looked with and smiled. Which is the case most of the time. I have only one SA look in disgust but it was and older lady in a small town.

Knee-highs are the way to go. Most shoe stores REQUIRE you to wear something on your feet, at least the giveaway 'footie' sox, to try on their shoes. If you are wearing knee-highs, and you find a thong sandal (with a big-toe loop or something) you can easily slip the knee-highs off and swap them with a 'footie' to try them on.

Carnival Shoes have the 'Buy one, get the second pair 1/2 price" deal, and they usually leave you alone unless you ask for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last pair i bought i was totally underdressed with a pair of tights .But i only do it in the cooler months(tights or hose) it is way to hot and humid here in the summer for any kind of hose
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I keep a couple of pair of knee highes hidden in the car at all times, in case of a shoe shopping "emergency".

I'm an 11, 11W or 12 in women's sizes and have had better luck at Nordstrom Rack and DSW. I noticed that my DSW has oversized size stickers for 11+ which makes them particularly easy to find.

Oh, and I always check out the sales rack at KMart. I just bought 2 pairs of mid calf boots at the final closeout price og $2,98 a pair. Less that lunch.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-06-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I allways wear pantyhose when shoe shopping whether dressed fem or drab

yes. Bra panties, hosiery. I was shopping for some shoes at the Nine West store in Vancouver near closing time, Took the shoes to pay for them, the lovely young clerk asked me if I was sure of the size. i said pretty sure, and she said " you know if they are for yourself you can try them on. you would be surprised at how many me wear high heels" So I did. and she said how well I walked in heels. A great experience.

I also love shopping at winners and shoe warehouse in Vancouver while wearing my wedge heel Cole Haan boots. its a challenge getting your knee high boots off to try on a pair of heels. Very exciting though.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianne_bc View Post
    she said " you know if they are for yourself you can try them on. you would be surprised at how many me wear high heels" So I did. and she said how well I walked in heels. A great experience.
    There are gg's who are accepting of transgender, this is prime example.
    Tell you if it was me, was single and around her age, I certainly would have asked her out.

In regard to the OP question though, I do all my shopping online. Maybe shops over their are more accepting, IDK. while I look reasonably passible, I just don't have the "nuts" to go out shopping en femme or for that matter out, period. I do however try all the shoes I order with nylons. Where I get my shoes from they have a 100 day return policy and also pick-up the return fee. Apart from waiting a few days it's a breeze!

I do find that wearing hosiery enables me to squeeze if need be into a womens 9.5US. Where as with bare feet I have to go for a 10US.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 05-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

I always wear tights when shopping for shoes or boots even when in male mode. I have never had anybody make any comment.

If I know that I will be shopping for shoes, I will be wearing panty hose or thigh highs under my slacks or jeans. However for those times that the opportunity comes out of no where to shoe shop,I have 2 or 3 pair of knee highs in my glove box so I can change from socks to hose in the car. It has come in handy for those spur of the moment ocassions and even for my wife when we have been out shopping and she wants to look for shoes but has on socks or is barefoot. She will automatically open the glovebox and ask to borrow a pair of knee highs. As the others have said, you need to do it for proper fit. I can tell you from experience that SA dont care. Just Fri. I stopped by the local Avenue store and was trying on some shoes with my knee highs on and one of the SA that helps me shop there came over and said that she was impressed that I was always prepared to try on shoes when I came in the store. She then started helping me find shoes in 12W as she knows that is my size. Then she proceeded to show me some walking shorts and some tops and started a dressing room for me. I do love to be pampered and I always seem to find something to buy when I go to Avenue. What a wonderful staff they have. Oh and by the way I always shop in drab. So follow the scout motto and always "be prepared".
    Last edited by Renee; 05-13-2012 at 05:39 PM.

I have never had any problems shopping for shoes in drab mode ,the sales person does not care after all a sale is a sale to them

I always wear pantyhose or tights under my jeans when I shop for shoes and never had a problem with any SA. I felt so comfortable with an SA at a Payless I let my guard down and realized afterward when I was bending over trying on shoes I may have accidently revealed a pink panty wedge ( shirt/jeans gap ) but she hadn't make any comment.

Let 'em look! I'm more of a cute sock person, but whether it's socks or nylons, I'm not shy about trying on shoes. Now if only I could find ones I like that fit correctly...!