If you are transgender whether you are a cross dresser, transsexual or somewhere on the spectrum has your being transgender contributed to your shyness?
I consider myself painfully shy but yet I am still able to buy my female clothing. I don't much talk to others when I buy my outfits but I am able to communicate. I wonder if my shyness sometimes crippling is the result of my transgender and gender dysphoria. Don't get me wrong, I am able to work, maintain a family and live my life but i am not who i truly am as a person.

I am a female trapped and I am going through the motions in life feeling I am not expressing the real me which is heart breaking and probabaly the reason i am so painfully shy and have been all throughout my life.

I was always the wall flower when I went clubbing as a young man. i looked at all the beautiful girls more admiring what they were wearing and hoping one day to be like them. I could never converse with such beautiful women. I was way too shy and did not feel like much of a guy to win one over.

Do any of you girls identify with this kind of shyness that I have lived with and do you believe it is tied in to being transgender?

emmi