Thread: Mother's Day

Mother's Day

It's time to honor mom again. So I thought a thread about how our crossdressing-gender dysphoria effected-effects our relationship with dear Mom might be intresting. My Mom and I are very close because she raised me (only child) as single mother. Even though we're extremely close, she is very uncomfortable with my gender dysphoria and sexuality. I think she feels she failed me somehow and is responsible for my condition, because I never had any male influece during my child-hood. Anytime my gender dysphoria surfaces in her presense, it's clear that it's a source of pain for her. So does your dressing bring you and Mom closer......or is it an elephant in your relationship that's avoided or painful ?

Gold Member
    Being the oldest in my family, and both parents gone. I guess my wife is the "MOM"
    and Great Grandma, of the family.
    I take her to her favorite restaurant, and get a nice card.
    It is all about her, so no dressing that day.
    Rader

Interesting Janine

I am also an only child brought up by a single parent mum. I now have children of my own and a beautiful wife. I can say that as a parent you are constantly asking and berating yourself "did I do that right". "are they good people", "did I give them the best chance in life". I would suggest a majority of mothers take a huge amount of responsibility especially when rearing a child / children on their own. And I would hesitate to suggest that almost all of them would at some point have asked themselves "is it my fault my child does not have a father?". On top of that we present a nonconventional gender presentation that is effectively a constant reminder to them that you have strongly feminine elements of your personality. Is it any wonder they may feel uncomfortable. Every time it is raised I would bet at least initially they are thinking "He is like this because I couldn't provide him with a male role model".

I have told my mother (well, she sort of found out) about my CD'ing recently (about 2 months ago). We don't particularly talk that much about it partly because it really doesn't particularly concern her, and much of the time she is around when the kids are awake and stuff. I think she is fine with it a lot because she knows that my wife knows (my wife was at home when my mother arrived unannounced and I had a skirt and top + breast forms on) and she sees it doesn't really make a big difference to our life.

Whether she was OK with it or not though, my mum is the best.

Dysphoria definition.
    Dysphoria recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them.

A state of feeling unwell or unhappy.

The dictionary definition of dysphoria is actually very straightforward - a state of feeling unwell or unhappy.

I don’t have this condition so you are not including me and my mum here then?

SUZY

Cerebral Ninja
    Raised my a single mom and the middle child of two sisters (which might explain a lot now that I mention it)

Always close to my mother. When I Came out to her about this last year (age 20) It was really not a big deal to her. I'd say It's brought us closer just because there is a bond of trust there now.

Now she loves her son, but she has genuinely gotten a kick out of her newfound daughter.

I'm lucky.

I love my mom
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Mother long deceased but wife knows and is ok with cd. However, simple question: If you and your mother are so close and yet the CDing pains her, why bother her with it?

Also was basically an only child (18yrs older), in a matriarcal family and an aloof step father. Not a bad guy at all but not very demonstrative. Never have told her and at this point I probably never will.

While mom always let me get away with girl things dad would not approve of, such as a cooking set for Christmas, that dad thought was for girls, the first printed underwear for boys, dad thought those where gay, and I used hair straighteners, and perms while in high school, dad just rolled his eyes. But beyond that we have never discussed it. She is now 93 years old, and I really see no advantage to either of us for me to tell her now. So it has never been a problem for us, and I do appreciate what she let me do as a kid, and it always caused us to be very close.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.