Thread: Head count ????

Head count ????

I was just thinking about all the gurlz on here an ALOT dont go out or dress alot ,,But still they have enough guts to aleast be on here . Not everyone goes outside or even out of there room, But your here an thats step one .But anyway just think of how many people dont even have the courage to even come to a site like this or even have the ballz to punch in the name of a site like this for fear of someone catching them on there own computer ? All of us should consider ourselves LUCKY as hell to be able to dress in private or dress at all much less go out like some do . WOW thats a scary thought still being in that deep ? So when ya start reading all these threads about going out an getting makeovers an buying clothes an shoes ,, Just think about all the poor souls that are not even out as much as you are an probily deny it all together an would or will take it to the grave . SAD ,,Huh ,,To think that some think this is that bad ,,That they wont be true to there heart to just be there self an let the good times roll ,, We got it good !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I think about my sisters who have this issue all the time. I used to be one of them. For years I was in the closet, then found the internet and hesitated to search because of leaving traces on the PC. Then I searched and hid all the research. Then progressed a little more until I finally came out to my wife.
    Now, even though I go out all the time I think of those who can't take that first step, for whatever reason.

When I was growing up and reading about people like Christine Jorgensen and others that paved the way for those of us who do go out into the world I think what it must have been like for them. The courage, the conviction they had to be the first to open those doors so that more of us could walk through. I just hope that as more and more of us step across that threshold it will push that door wider so that someday none of us will have to fear being who we are and having others know ALL of ourselves.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi,

In many ways one of the reasons i have been in the limelight here in N Z interviews for T V papers & the net,talked to large groups of people, been seen by many 1000's of people & known .

I was given the oppitunity & went with it & yes i have had feed back so i know there are others who are still hideing yet know iv just gone out there & told people , yes we are different yet can be acceped in to our communitys & live our lifes as normal people,

We just or those who dont have the courage to move out into the world if you like & be seen. , well i have & im seen allmost every day.

One of my ways of doing things is & has been saying hi to strangers or people who come in to our Villages, so you can say im a P R person. & you know what very few have not returned a hi. & had a natter,

so you must have the confidence not be afriad or think it cant be done, well iv proved two things out of many i can & have & this has helped in people seeing for them selfs first hand & can accept are we that different after all. or is this a percived notion of being told lies that we are strange, i know different ,

...noeleena...

I think about it quite often! That's why I like to be encourageing and never say anything to discourage any one! We all have enough problems and don't need to be redicued on this site! Have a great day! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yet another way to pose a question in here that comes up from time to time.

Everyone makes choices based on their own life situations. My choice to go out is not necessarily more valid than another's choice to stay inside, strictly speaking from a freedom of choice POV. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that I often feel as you do Stacy, sadness that many others choose not to explore this wonderful world of ours. Granted, where I am now in terms of confidence...and more importantly, friendships...is a product of a lot of years of being out & about. But everyone has to start somewhere and the help that is out there with the internet and forums like this can go far to accelerate one's ability to find truly enriching times when out & about.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    I was in the closet all my working years. I had a high profile public job and did not dare to go out. After my retirement I went through transition and several years on hormones with great results. I have lived totally as Kimberly 24/7 for almost 4 years now. I love my new life and enjoy every day of it.
    I wish you the best on your journey.
    Love Kimberly

I know what you're saying, Stacy. Until recently my son was living very close by, and I had to be careful about my computer, and especially, especially careful about what I was wearing. He's moved some distance away now, so I have a lot more freedom and am trying to decide how I can have even more.

But, Stacy, you have no idea what this forum can do for people. Up until about a year ago, I was still in complete denial just like I had been virtually all my life. But I finally decided to start researching TGism because I wanted, at this late date, to try and understand myself. I eventually came across this forum, and it was like a revelation: "Lord, I have seen the light!" When I saw what so many members were doing with their lives, when I saw the happiness that so many had, I decided I had to have some of it, too.

In all my life, I never dreamed that I'd be doing some of the things I'm doing now. And who knows what I might be doing in the future? Stacy, we all know what a difficult issue this can be emotionally. Those who view this forum without joining--who knows what it's doing for them, who knows what they're getting from it? Eventually they may decide to join us. When the need becomes great enough, you start coming out of your shell. Let them take their time. There's no rush. TGism is eternal.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Girl in mind...
    I joined the site almost 18 months before my first posting which was only a couple of days ago. Its a very daunting thing to come to terms with. I denied myself for so long. I threw out the panties I had bought and worn to see if I could stop the feelings. Eventually I gave in and made the initial step of writing my first post.

I have a long long way to go before I am ready to even dress privately beyond panties, never mind full underwear but I am now confident enough to think that it will happen
    Sarah

Stacy,m you are right, I always have to laugh, when people tell others to get get over it and go out, when that person was just telling how hard it was to even come on here, we each have to find our own comfort level, and should never try to push a newbie out of the nest. After all there are a bunch of us on here that claim to have no interest in going out. We all no this is usually caused by fear, but who can say that it's not real at least for them. I think we should be trying to encourage all to jump into the pool at the dept they are comfortable at, and let them swim for deeper water when they are ready.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    I've often wondered how many of the lurkers - the folks who visit the site but never join - are frightened of doing so, and how many are just curious.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I've often wondered how many of the lurkers - the folks who visit the site but never join - are frightened of doing so, and how many are just curious.
    Kim; I wonder the same thing. I believe only the tip of the Iceberg is on this forum.
    I had a post with ReineD (From the Forum) on this very subject not long ago.
    I recently went to Chicago to get a wig, The Shop Owner said she thought about 40% of men
    have worn women's clothes at one time or another. I find that figure to be high, but am I to
    question it. I under stand that in a big city there might be more than in a rural area.
    She tells me of prominent people come into her store just to dress, then change back again
    and go home.
    Like I have said, We are not the only pebble on the beach.
    Rader
    Last edited by RADER; 05-10-2012 at 04:43 PM.

When I first came to this site I lurked quite a bit. Still do most of the time. I have gone out on occasion fully dressed and enjoyed it. I was very paranoid and worried about someone recognizing me but I have gone out. I don't do it all the time and I dress almost everyday-just don't have the time to put on make up and make sure I present as I would like.

Oh yea ,,, I agree with everyone that has posted ,, The simple truth is all chix are different an all places are different . Even if your living in the same town ,,You might have a real close nit family life an just cant do anything an get away from the other people in your life . An the situations go on an on ,,, Like me hell my deal was alot different a year ago ,, But I just kept molding an twisting an waiting for the right time an took it slow an when the time came just never back up all the way ,,Sometimes I paused to check the waters Im not gonna lie ,,But as soon as I saw a hole ,,,I jumped right back in ,,Ya know that why ya see alot of chix on real late ,,,Thats the onlt alone time they get ,,An this place is REAL good for ya even if ya dont dress at all just living threw ohter chix adventures sometimes is enough for sum . But I realy feel for those an hope they stay around an maybe join an atleast get to talk about it to someone an get to feel a little better an know there not alone .. Tell ya what Ill go an do something real CRAZY an stupid ,, Just for all the chix that cant go out or dress up ,, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ,, From the SUPA STAR ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I think about my sisters who have this issue all the time. I used to be one of them. For years I was in the closet, then found the internet and hesitated to search because of leaving traces on the PC. Then I searched and hid all the research. Then progressed a little more until I finally came out to my wife.
    Now, even though I go out all the time I think of those who can't take that first step, for whatever reason.

When I was growing up and reading about people like Christine Jorgensen and others that paved the way for those of us who do go out into the world I think what it must have been like for them. The courage, the conviction they had to be the first to open those doors so that more of us could walk through. I just hope that as more and more of us step across that threshold it will push that door wider so that someday none of us will have to fear being who we are and having others know ALL of ourselves.
    I don't think it is quite the same, Jorgensen was NOT a Cd, and if I remember correctly, he/she was under the microscope for 7 years before they finally consented to do the operation. She is a model for all TS people, but not really for us ordinary CDs. She was the first and so it was a "moon landing" event.
    m

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    As noted everyone finds their confidence level. They remain there until they feel confident at the next level. I started dressing in panties barely 8 months ago. I was fortunate to join this forum shortly thereafter, and have benefited tremendously from the variety of experiences I read about and shared ideas on. It did a tremendous job of accelerating my comfort levels, and I went to full dressing, wigs, and makeup, and jewelry perhaps a bit too quickly for my wife, but we are learning. I was happy to stay at home, but suddenly I felt comfortable enough to go out, and have gone out and made purchases en femme.. Now i have more to work on to feel comfortable.

Those who do not find friends or accepting people like those here will never feel comfortable because they will never have answers. Any way they can get answers will improve their plight, which is why it is important to remain positive in all we do, as that is the only way they will see what they can do.

I am so deeply grateful for the wonderful girls here who have helped me feel comfortable.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ella View Post
    As noted everyone finds their confidence level. They remain there until they feel confident at the next level. I started dressing in panties barely 8 months ago. I was fortunate to join this forum shortly thereafter, and have benefited tremendously from the variety of experiences I read about and shared ideas on. It did a tremendous job of accelerating my comfort levels, and I went to full dressing, wigs, and makeup, and jewelry perhaps a bit too quickly for my wife, but we are learning. I was happy to stay at home, but suddenly I felt comfortable enough to go out, and have gone out and made purchases en femme.. Now i have more to work on to feel comfortable.

Those who do not find friends or accepting people like those here will never feel comfortable because they will never have answers. Any way they can get answers will improve their plight, which is why it is important to remain positive in all we do, as that is the only way they will see what they can do.

I am so deeply grateful for the wonderful girls here who have helped me feel comfortable.

Barbara
    You are a true cinderella story girl . Just think not long ago it would have NEVER crossed your mind to do what you have already done ? In a real small amount of time ,,That just goes to show the POWER of this place an support given to each other here ,,Birds of a feather ,,, Gurl Power !!!

Hi girls! Wow...you are all so brave! i can barely drive around en femme and without freaking out. The thought of going out for more than a minute seems impossible to me. (i confess to going to this business park with a lot of windows past midnight on several occasions and strut around and the thought of getting caught was exhilarating. i did once. ) But i guess i know toooo many people and ive seen some but no one knew. The thought of getting caught is a double edged sword for me. I could go to another town but that wont change much because im pretty passable and i do want to be with a man while en femme mode. But im scared. I love girls too much to be gay but i feel and fantasize about men a lot. Ive had a couple encounters but that was years ago. Thanks for letting me get this out. You are all awesome!

Stacy

Your post sounds so much like me for so many years. Until recently I was in so much denial and suppression that I was afraid to even search for something like this forum. Eventually when I did I would erase every trace that I ever had. I lurked from occasionally for many years. In time, with therapy and the help of this forum I learned to accept and embrace who I am and that has made a great change. I'm now out almost on a weekly basis now but I remember the days of hiding and denial. I think about those that are still there where I was. I would like to encourage others to accept themselves and get living but as others have said each must make their own decisions.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" FDR

"Fear is the mind killer" Paul Atreides

" I get by with a little help from my friends" The Beatles Thank You "Gurls" Hugs to all

Well you know I don't Sister!!!

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    I don't think it is quite the same, Jorgensen was NOT a Cd, and if I remember correctly, he/she was under the microscope for 7 years before they finally consented to do the operation. She is a model for all TS people, but not really for us ordinary CDs. She was the first and so it was a "moon landing" event.
    m
    I have to disagree. She led the way for the TS movement in that time, but by doing so she and all the other TS's that have since followed have opened doors for themselves and for us. They have gained acceptance from the world which has trickled down to all of us.
    I never said she was a CD, I merely said that she and others paved the way for us to be able to be ourselves and express that in the world.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think the main thing that prevents me from being 'out' is that I don't know anyone who is accepting of it. None of my friends, who otherwise are quiet open minded, have given me any positive feedback when I have broached the subject of crossdressing or TG. I guess I'm simply unwilling to wind up being a social hermit. Sure, I understand that there are CD support groups, and I can always go to gay bars and such where the odds are better, but it has shown me how few people are open to having TG friends in their lives, no matter how tolerant they are of people when in general situations. I know it's simply the feeling of 'not in my back yard', but well, I really want to at least have a few back yards where I'm really welcome, and not just a tolerated 'freak' that winds up sitting alone, just because it would be politically incorrect to ostracize me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.