Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a GG understand Breast Forms PLEASE!!!

Audrey Michelle's SO

Help a GG understand Breast Forms PLEASE!!!

I would LOVE to surprise Audrey with a pair of forms, and hopefully have them when she returns next Friday, but we don't have hundreds of dollars to blow. I kinda sorta deleted the email that I found, where she ordered a pair a few years ago, during one of my fits. Ooops. (Again, I am so sorry Audrey!) She acts like they are not a big deal, and she swears she doesn't need them, but I know that forms are must haves with you girls! I think she is just worried about spending our money on them. Silly girl.

Could someone teach me about the numbering system and how it works?
    What I am looking for?
    Where is the best place to buy that is inexpensive?

Like I said, we don't have a lot of money to spend, so I need something that would make her happy without a huge price tag.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I purchased two sets from TrueKare online and I only paid about $70 a pair plus I ordered nipples for them also. I love them!!!!
    I am 6'1" and I ordered ASY-7 (they are like a C cup on me) and ASY-9 (a nice D cup)
    They have a good sizing chart that seams pretty accurate

They delivered in great time with the express shipping too!!!
    Oh and I have had mine for I think nearly two years (still holding up) but I am thinking about a new set too.
    Good Luck
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Aspiring Member
    Four places come to mind for buying for forms over the internet:

EBay
    http://www.truekare.com/
    http://www.thebreastformstore.com/
    http://www.janetscloset.com/

The last 3 all have good info on how to choose forms. The numbering is based on the size bra that you need to fill, so if you know her bra size, you should be able to use the charts on the sites to determine the size number.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Before my natural breast grew I used the nubra, the original ones and a miriacle bra the end results were astounding and the cost was very minimal

Honesty Mandy, I never used the expensive ones. Too much bulk for one thing and way too much money. For something "functional" (so to speak ), I just always used the cheap ones for no more than $19.99. You can PM me to find the companies as I don't want anyone to think I am favoring one over the other. Not a "biggie" in more ways than one. I just wanted something that would naturally bounce when dancing, etc. and that I didn't have to go into hock for. Good luck Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I have the True Kare ASY 6, (ASY stands for asymmetrical, I think). The size is ample for me (6'2" and 220), but everyone has different ideas about proportions. Mine cost around $85 for the pair. Someday, if you want to go upscale, I've heard and read very good things about Ameona Contact forms - they have a silicon adhesive and a dimple pattern that allows them to "vent" a bit. But they are a good deal more expensive - perhaps $550/pair. I'm saving up for mine!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Mandy, many here love the TrueKare ones, which aren't too expensive. Me? I went with something a little nicer. Why? Well, as you know, breasts are one of the most recognizable secondary sex characteristics. It's something I definitely wanted to get 'right' (and left, so to speak).

I went to a mastectomy store and was measured. They attached different sized forms to me and took pictures in a tight sweater. We chose the size that was the most natural-looking on me (FYI - me with a pair of D's - not a pretty sight! I looked like a toothpick that swallowed some cantaloupes).

Again, your mileage will vary, but a good pair is a wonderful thing!

Kathi

I can't speak for the others mentioned here, but I'm 5'11"/145lbs and have a pair from Janet's Closet that I definitely like. I wear the "Size 5 Wide Low" forms - AKA 34C. They cost me about $50 on an eBay auction after shipping. While I do have a fairly slim frame (my chest measures between 34-35"), I didn't account for my shoulders, which are much wider than most women would be at my height/build, so I'm considering saving up for a slight size upgrade to one of these three:

"Size 5 Wide High" (34D)
    "Size 6 Wide Low" (36C)
    "Size 6 Wide High" (36D)

In my personal opinion, the "narrow" forms are just too "stripper-fake". I think the wide-profile breasts just look more natural than something that could put an eye out

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I went to a mastectomy store and was measured. They attached different sized forms to me and took pictures in a tight sweater. We chose the size that was the most natural-looking on me
    I will have to take him with me to have this done! Should I hold off and just do this instead of buying a pair for now?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsBob View Post
    I can't speak for the others mentioned here, but I'm 5'11"/145lbs
    I noticed in your "Walk in Her Shoes" thread that you and Audrey have the same build almost exactly. He is 6"/145. So, if I do buy some for now, I would want to go with a Size 6 Wide Low?

I am leaning towards a C cup because like Kathi said... He would do this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    (FYI - me with a pair of D's - not a pretty sight! I looked like a toothpick that swallowed some cantaloupes).
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Try ebay, I've found some great inexpensive buys there on breast forms (I'm wearing them as I type). Mine fit my 38D bra and only cost $54.00 plus shipping. You can find several varieties and shapes to suit any figure (and price range), most are bid on but some are buy now. There are also sizing charts with each seller so you can come pretty close to a natural size.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I've never owned breast forms, but I thought that when I am ready to get a pair, I would want them to have a natural 'jiggle' the way real breasts would, and behave as close to the real thing as possible. I'm seriously looking to get them, as I am sick of stuffing socks in my bra! I'm 6'2" and would want a C cup (my bras are Cs) Is it likely that I'll have to to pay big $$$ to get something like that?
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    I will have to take him with me to have this done! Should I hold off and just do this instead of buying a pair for now?
    I would hold off. Think about it - what a fun surprise field trip!!

Not to mention that by doing this, you would get the right size. Understand though, this route isn't cheap. You don't have to buy from them, but you would definitely get the perfect measurement and size comparison.

Kathi

I think that would be a great idea. Breasts are so personal. Some want big some just want average. Personally I like average ( a C cup) on me Mine are size 7. And I don't know about going real inexpensive. These are like the most important part of the whole set up. They last forever. One thing I can suggest is if you want to surprise her, fet the foam rubber ones first and in a couple sizes just to see what looks best. I have a set that I will stick on when I want to wear a tube or cami but I love the silicone ones the best.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Mandy,

For my tuppence worth (I'm a Brit), avoid Latex and go for silicone only!
    I've just had a gripe in the clothing, accessories and shopping talk forum, "Smelly Breast Forms".

The smell is a touch over powering and I'm having to spend an inordinate amount of time washing, dousing with talc and scenting to try and lessen the pong.
    As many of the posters there have said, go for silicone. A statement with which I fully concur.

Moan over

Rebecca xx
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

http://www.glamourboutique.com/affor...eastforms.aspx
    This site seemed fairly reasonable to me.
    Most sites have a size chart (as does this one, and the affore mention The Breastform Store does) Look at the tag in one of her bras and see waht size she had.
    One ohter word of caution.... Make sure you're getting a PAIR and not a SINGLE! Some post mastectamy shops sell singles...

Gold Member
    I love my forms, wear them every chance I get.
    I have a size 6, witch for me with a 54 bra, gives me B-C cup appearance
    witch is nice for most occasions.
    I also have a size 10, witch fill out a D -DD cup for those dresses that need a little more
    on top to look rite.
    I have triangle forms with nipples. They seem to fit and look just rite.
    Now for the other side of the coin, page two as it was said;
    My wife dared me, and I could not pass up the challenge, I got a pair of size 20 forms.
    Yes 20's WOW, Had to go and get a size J bra. The bet was I could not wear it for a whole week,
    7 Long days and nights. Well I barely did it, it was different for sure, Now I can have true
    symphony for those poor GG's that are super well endowed. Half the time I felt like In was going
    to fall over, and at night I had a back ache.
    Rader

Mandy, take care with the numbering systems because they are not consistent! It seems that every supplier has their own system.

My own experience is with Janet's Closet, and I like her #6 "C-girls wide" forms. They look very natural and fill out a 38B VS bra very well. They give me enough up there to give a strong feminine cue but not so much as to attract recruiters for Hooters. You should watch Janet's videos as she explain her sizing in great detail.

Frankly, wearing forms is one thing that I could forgo in my dressing. I realize that I need them for a proper presentation, but I've also gained an appreciation for the dislike that many GGs show for their bras. It does feels good when I put it on, but it feels great when I take it off!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

i got my first pair from walmart only cost $20 something dollars its already a silicon but you need to wear it under a bra

Unless you think he'll throw a fit over the price tag, that would be like Christmas come early!
    Last edited by Blaire; 04-27-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Platinum Member
    H Mandy, Go to www.janetscloset.com and watch the video
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

hi mandy...silicon for sure and i too went on ebay...80 dollars a pair....loved them, so bought the same but a smaller size for other occasions.....and mandy u are very special

I have a pair of silicones, just like mom, who is a survivor of breast cancer.

Maybe blindfold him and take him to the mastectomy shop that way.

It might be a good idea to call in advance as some mastectomy shops have a strict "no males" policy.

hi mandi:

Ever since I started dressing I wanted to have breasts. It is both sensory and image inabling but it also rounds out the male to female form; putting lumps where lumps
    should be. The ones I currently wear are from the breast form store, 139 dollars but very nice. My delima was, since I was a dresser of color, I needed some
    breast forms that matched my skin tone and the breastform store was the only store, I found, that carried the sable forms.\ My advice is to shop around.
    As others have said ebay has some good forms at very resonable (if you win the bid) prices. lol, dana

sorry for the mis-spell mandi, enabling is with an E, not and I...dana.