Thread: Decided to take a walk

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Decided to take a walk

it has been a while since i ventured out dressed en femme. only did it once over a year ago. anyway, with the wife contemplating going shopping w me tonight dressed, only to change her mind, that got me wound up a bit so around 215a, decided to take a shot and got in the car, drove into the neighboring city, was going to go to taco bell, but it was closed. so i kept driving around until i found a development of nice houses. i parked the car, got out, with my purse in tow, and walked down the street for about 1 mile total. only did that much because i was wearing 4" heels. i have flats at home, did not bring them, and besides, i prefer the heels anyway. it was a bit chilly, and my heart was beating a little faster than normal, but i made it safe & sound.

I've finally learned that walking in heels for long periods of time begin to take a toll. My lesson learned - always carry flats. I was out all day with my friends partying and whatnot, When I was on my way home it began to rain and my legs started cramping. Maybe it was the rain but omg was it the worst feeling, It took me forever to walk home

here are the heels I had on too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am glad you got out. There is just nothing like it is there? The feeling of walking outside in heels is just awesome... the trick is to walk slowly... it take practice in heels. These days I can run in 4 inchers, but it took a lot of practice!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hi,

Most of my walking is in flat's & boots at that. i have a pair of army boots & i prefer them
    over any others though one pair of leather boots are good ankle ones.
    & as to heels im not bothered if i dont wear them as i do photography so need a stable footing. learnt that with one of my long skirts steping backwards just caught my hem & no probs so no more,

...noeleena...

Hey, that's great! Glad you got out and had a chance to stroll. Walking in heels take a little bit of concentration and practice, but once your leg muscles get used to moving (in a way that hey haven't been used before) a certain way, it becomes second nature. I can usually spend all evening without taking mine off, but it took a little while to get used to them.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Well you have walked a mile in her shoes, congrats. Flats are more pratical, but you are out dressed, who wishes to be pratical, helels are so much more fun....

Banned Read only
    I know what you mean, the compulsion to "get out" and "walk in heels"; both take being a CD and dressed in fem to a whole new level. When I do this the heels change my posture and the way I carry myself to that of a woman, I become more aware of the weight, jiggle and projection of my large breasts and walking in the tight, soft, silky fabrics gives the feeling of joy, happyness and being the woman that I am so happy to have transformed into. Honestly I can't think of anything else that brings such contentment or mental pleasure, it's like having your glass filled to the top and you are experiencing the total fullfilment that is available to you. Just wish I was 100% passable and could dress and live in fem as much as I would love to. I have also picked an area where I though I could walk safely in and not encounter anyone, it's can be hard to find such a place, be careful when walking at night because of badguys or the cops confronting you, but glad you're getting out and keep doing it.

I get it when it comes to the allure of going out that first time presenting as female although the path you describe of walking about in a strange place in the middle of the night was not my own. Back in my mid-20's, I just dove right in with little or no fear and started going where I pleased. Daylight. Mainstream. No seedy places. No midnight drives or strolls.

There really needs to be better communication on the dangers of taking these risky ventures. It would not have been out of the realm of possibility for you to have been assaulted, or worse. Then we'd be reading of your tale in the newspaper rather than by way of first person in these pages.

Doesn't it make much more sense to go somewhere in the daylight, even if you drive an hour away from home so as not to be likely to run into someone you know??? Please be safe.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    gosh, its great that you conquered your fear and got out to walk around a bit, but honeslty, next time try to do it a little earlier in the day. I'm very concerned about CDrs or other women who might attract unwanted attention from the element that hangs out in those late night/early morning hours. You'd be much safer and have much more to do at the mall during regular business hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    gosh, its great that you conquered your fear and got out to walk around a bit, but honeslty, next time try to do it a little earlier in the day. I'm very concerned about CDrs or other women who might attract unwanted attention from the element that hangs out in those late night/early morning hours. You'd be much safer and have much more to do at the mall during regular business hours.
    i tend to be more nocturnal due to my job working late hours, so being up at night is not a problem. not sure if i am ready to go out in broad daylight yet, especially at a mall. i went to a safe part of town where i am unlikely to encounter anyone, but thanks for the concern

Banned Read only
    I bought a pair of flat specifically for evening strolls. I also check the material the heel is made of. Walking a 2:15 AM anywhere will at least draw a look out the window of a house. If I was up at 2:15 AM and I heard the clicking of heels on the concrete sidewalk, I'd check out the noise. That's why I like quiet flats. I walk around the house and limited foot trips (post office and library drop offs) in three to four inch heels, but, the last time I walked maybe half a mile on concrete in four inch heels I felt it.

Over fifty years ago I first tried on my mother;s heels, and now I'm still a klutz wearing high heels, but I love it. Crossfire thank you for the post.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    ...not sure if i am ready to go out in broad daylight yet, especially at a mall. i went to a safe part of town where i am unlikely to encounter anyone, but thanks for the concern
    Advice once again falls on deaf ears.

Sigh.

I'll bet that you'll do this again, and you will probably be fine. Regardless, it's not even remotely a good idea if anyone else is listening.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I bought a pair of flat specifically for evening strolls. I also check the material the heel is made of. Walking a 2:15 AM anywhere will at least draw a look out the window of a house. If I was up at 2:15 AM and I heard the clicking of heels on the concrete sidewalk, I'd check out the noise. That's why I like quiet flats. I walk around the house and limited foot trips (post office and library drop offs) in three to four inch heels, but, the last time I walked maybe half a mile on concrete in four inch heels I felt it.
    if noise was an issue, i could always wear the wedges in my avatar. they are quiet, but they are 5" and at times, quite a challenge.

crossfire.
    I love those wedges, where did you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    .....I just dove right in with little or no fear and started going where I pleased. Daylight. Mainstream. No seedy places. No midnight drives or strolls.

......Please be safe.
    Even more courageous than "diving in with little or no fear", is to dive in when you are TERRIFIED.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Ladies, I sympathise with Crossfire but I must admit I do not feel comfortable being out at that time. I am so keen to go out en-femme, however I am probably thinking best place is a shopping mall evening time on a quiet day. But I also think I need to practise walking some distance in heels before I do. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    Even more courageous than "diving in with little or no fear", is to dive in when you are TERRIFIED.
    It has nothing to do with courage. It's all about understanding our place in the world and deciding to take those fateful steps. The difference back when I first ventured out is that I was naive and as such, I simply did it and it happened that I didn't over-think it so much. These days, with all of the information available on the internet and tales from those of us who have come before, things should be much easier...and safer, yet there are still many who either over-think things or do not pay attention when it comes to advice about safety concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Ladies, I sympathise with Crossfire but I must admit I do not feel comfortable being out at that time. I am so keen to go out en-femme, however I am probably thinking best place is a shopping mall evening time on a quiet day. But I also think I need to practise walking some distance in heels before I do. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Natasha
    Yes, one word...flats!

Nice to hear from a fellow member of the 4" heel club. Okay a mile is a bit much for the heels, but I'm sure you were floating on air anyways... I remember this part of my journey when I would only go out at night.... It's habit forming with the cool night breeze and the alure of the shadows..

Go out again to a different place and enjoy it. Eventually, you'll be losing the butterflies and get ready to be a day-walker...

I love the click clack of the heels, but sometimes I just don't want the attention and found a pair of strapies that give me the 4" heel but no noise.... stealth....love it.

Renne......

I would just be careful that walking through a residential neighborhood in which you don't live at 2:00-2:30 in the morning will look a little suspicious to any police that may be patrolling the area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It has nothing to do with courage. It's all about understanding our place in the world and deciding to take those fateful steps......
    Sara, I agree with your points about listening to safety advice and having a "just do it" attitude, but as in any brand new venture in life, it does take courage to take that first step to be yourself. The first time I went out in public (daytime safe place), someone I knew saw me and later commented nicely to me "that took a lot of courage". That meant a lot to me and did wonders in building up my spirit.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Silver Member
    Advice once again falls on deaf ears.

Sigh.

I'll bet that you'll do this again, and you will probably be fine. Regardless, it's not even remotely a good idea if anyone else is listening.
    Repeated for truth!

Going out alone at night is a TERRIBLE idea.

Cops, drunks, and young men high on testosterone and alcohol will ALL assume you are a working girl. The consequences far exceed the rewards. Don't do it.

S