Thread: Getting patted down while wearing a bra

Getting patted down while wearing a bra

I had an odd experience lately that I thought I'd share. I broke my arm recently in a freak accident and had to have a steel plate put in my arm. A few days ago I was flying for the first time with the plate. As usual, I was underdressed with a bra under my tee- shirt.

Well, of course, the steel plate set off the metal detector. I thought I was going to get through the full body scanner, but no. Instead, I was pulled out of line for a full pat-down. I elected not to go into a private room, but just do the whole thing out in public. Just before the guy started I suddenly realized "oh no, he's going to know I'm wearing a bra!" But just as quickly I realized that I didn't care.

The pat-down was very thorough, and yes, he knew I was wearing a bra. He paid special attention to the hooks in back, and checked out the straps thoroughly. He was completely professional and I just stood there like wearing a bra was the most natural thing in the world.

So, now I know how I'd react to such a thing. And, yes, I'd do it again.

CK

Platinum Member
    Hi Cynthia, You must've got one of the better inspectors.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since I have both a pacemaker and an artificial shoulder (titanium) I always get patted down when I fly. And I always have a bra on! Only once have I been asked if I was wearing a bra, and I told the inspector that yes I was wearing a bra!! He said O.K. and let me go on the plane! And BTW, I done that on international flights also! I have worn a bra for about 65 years and see no reason to stop now!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Good for you Cynthia! You handled it like a pro! btw I like your name too!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hi Cynthia,
    I am definitely poised to fly en femme soon. I just renewed my drivers license, this time I'm over 7 rounds of beard laser , and a year and a half of hair growth. I can pass as as male or female now.
    I also have a stainless steel plate and five screws in my left wrist from falling off my sunporch while trimming a branch of a nearby tree. My wrist injury is known as a Colle's Fracture....palms down onto a concrete patio from a 12 foot drop. I could have easily have died if I landed on my head.
    It has never set off the metal detector at the airport, including JFK in New York.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 05-14-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice to see u acting so cool under fire, Cynthia! Now, for your next assignment, should u choose to accept it, on your NEXT flite, I challenge u to wear some double D's in that bra!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have gotten patted down while wearing pantyhose under my jeans. I will not get into the details too much as it seems it was from another life in which I was a junkie(11 years sober now)...going into the place to score, no one said anything it was a way out scene anyway.

In January I fell down the stairs and broke my shoulder and upper arm real bad. Now I have a steel plate and a dozen screws in there. I am wondering if it will buzz when I go through the air port...what a mess, still getting bills, and bills...those medical folks should be ashamed of them selves. It is just greedy and low down to make so much money off of my misfortune and bad luck.

Sorry I am down this evening..sob..maybe I will eat and read my book. And just suck it up already.
    polythene pam

My husband was just asking me the other day if any posters here had gone through the TSA patdowns while enfemme and how it turned out. Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'd be curious to hear about it.

I've never heard of a bra bomb, so there is no reason to take it off, now the underwear, that's another problem.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Pre-TSA (1995 or 1996), one of my underwires set off the metal detector and I was hand-searched. I don't wear breast forms nor was I trying to pass. It was very embarrassing. They asked why I was wearing a bra, what I needed it for. Then they had a female do the inspection and she was professional about it. It is something I'd rather never go through again.

Gold Member
    Glad you experience went well; Not like the poor old Lady, I think she was 85 or 90,
    Had to take off her depends because it showed yo on the screen. And they did it in
    public, what Idiots
    Rader

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    My bra was once busted by a body scanner. The thing picked uo the metal strap adjusters. I was asked if I was was wearing anything under my shirt. I told them I was wearing an undergarment. He started the pat down and said, "oh, straps". I said yes and he finished the pat down. Nothing else was said and all was fine. I lived through it!

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchette2 View Post
    My husband was just asking me the other day if any posters here had gone through the TSA patdowns while enfemme and how it turned out. Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'd be curious to hear about it.

I fly once or twice a week for many years now and never had a problem. Like Cynthia here, I have been pulled out and patted down, but it's quick, professional, and reasonably discreet.

Cynthia, if you were flying from Austin, I've got them well trained for ya'!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    No, it wasn't Austin, but I do fly out of Austin every now and then. Perhaps I'll go that way next time.

Very well done. Most of us would totally freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I fly once or twice a week for many years now and never had a problem. Like Cynthia here, I have been pulled out and patted down, but it's quick, professional, and reasonably discreet.

Thanks for the information. I'll let him know.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    The pat-down was very thorough, and yes, he knew I was wearing a bra. He paid special attention to the hooks in back, and checked out the straps thoroughly. He was completely professional and I just stood there like wearing a bra was the most natural thing in the world.

So, now I know how I'd react to such a thing. And, yes, I'd do it again.

CK
    Cynthia, this has happened to me several times when I fly underdressed and go through the body scanner. Each time I told the agent I was wearing a bra, I got the same professional patdown and no problems. But two days ago we flew from Wasnington National -- went through the body scanner wearing a bra with underwires -- and this time the TSA agent just patted down my legs.

Maybe they are getting used to guys wearing bras?

BTW, you might enjoy a previous post about this
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 05-17-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: added URL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I recently flew out of Atlanta GA airport an was singled out for a private pat down the girls were very discrete and nothing was said, I flew and all was ok. I will fly enfemme agian soon and am looking forward to it.
    No problems at all.