Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: picking a name what to consider/do?

picking a name what to consider/do?

hi as i have stated in sevrel post now i am very new at Cd'ing i have not even chosen a name as of now i would love some input on this, and i would love to hear about how yall chose your names.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I did not have a feminine name until about 2 months ago (only started crossdressing 8 months ago!). I just kept listening to female names, and Barbara just stuck in my mind. Added the Ella just for grins, to play off the sexiest film of my era. Dont worry about a name, it will come to you when you are ready. At least you have a Beautiful name. Mine was Baby Steps for the longest time.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

aww thats so sweet of you to say your name is beautiful as well im lovin this forum. i relly hope i get a name soon.thanks sweety

I haven't chosen a name I want yet. I was a member of a couple other CD discussion sites for a while but for some reason I didn't find this site until a few months later.
    Anyway once I found this site I wanted to join so fast and when they asked for a name I came up with this one, how lame. I'm looking for a name I want but until then I'm not going to rush and pick another name I don't like

Layin' low, sort of.
    Gosh, it was way too easy for me before joining the site. I asked my mom what my "girl name" would have been, and realized I answered my own question! Anyway I would have been named "Gina." The middle name-- I came up with it myself. It would be named after my mom. Therefore, I'd be referred to as "Gina Marie."

By the way, don't be in too much of a rush to choose a name. It'll come to you eventually. And I'm glad you're enjoying being here.
    Last edited by GinaMarie; 05-15-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: corrected a redundancy

awesome im so happy to have a place like this and im not in a rush for a name i just wish i had one i fell some what empty without it.

I would tell you to think of girl names that you can think about, think of a name of person that you would like to be, it might take you a while but that will be ok, My first girl name i used was ok, but when i join here it just did fit me, so that is while i came up with a name that i felt the truth girl inside, Stacy Lynn Coral
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Layin' low, sort of.
    You don't have to feel "empty" once you have one. Oh, I better get off because the NCIS finale is starting in Hawaii NOW!

Picture the woman you want to present as; what do you think her name would be? I don't know about you,but when I'm 'window shopping' for a woman, I usually wonder what her name is. The few times I actually approached them, I was usually wrong. But strangely enough, when I asked, they liked the name I picked out for them. Most people would choose a name different from what their parents saddled them with.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

if i had to pick the kinda women i would like to be it would be a housewife from the 1960's with the high hair and the bright dress. poodle skirts and sweaters. its beautiful teehee.

my real name is very british isle do know how to put it lol ayways ive always love the name victoria elizabeth but i dont think it fits me so i chose a irish name ive been looking for a good name that fit me and when i googled feminine name i found a sight that had names oragins and meanings it was awsome made it so easy ifound a name i liked with a meaning that fit me http://www.resourcesforlife.com/libr...s/feminine.htm

I jst feminised my middle name as it was something I identified with. The Rose just came about because i liked the sound of the 2 names together. Been happy with my feminine name ever since.

Hey Beautiful! I kinda' like calling you Beautiful! It seems to fit you with your 'beautiful' attitude! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I chose mine as an homage to my first crush back in elementary school. I suppose it is mostly because of her personality and such. She was how I wish to be seen by others.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I just found something I liked, that matched my male initials, then I have a few credit cards in just my initials.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

When I had a female name on this forum is was a feminine version of John - "Johanna". Since then I have changed back to my real masculine name.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

When coming up with my name I did what my therapist suggested to do, which was to get dressed up and stare at myself in the mirror and see what name gets generated from within. After that session I went home got dressed up and thus Shannon came into existence.

I kinda "stole" my name from a friend of mine :P But like Cheryl I had the idea of going with my first girlfriend, Stephanie, but that also kind of seemed weird to me. But my friend Tara is probably the bubbliest, girliest person I know so, just change a letter to make me feel less weird about it, and voi la! Or however you spell that French expression haha

My name, both first and last, are variations of my male name. Keeps the initials the same :-). Over the years, male me has received emails addressed to Andrea - typos on the part of the sender - so Andrea just became synonymous for me in my mind. So picking the name wasn't a challenge as it just happened naturally.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

My advice is to not rush it, or force it. Be patient, and let the name come to you. When the right name comes, you'll have a "that's it!" moment.

I got my name from a 1960's television show, only I didn't expect to use it for myself. Contessa is a title and means Countess. What is interesting is two things (1) To be a Countess there first had to a Count. So a man first then a woman. (2) My wife said why don't you just call her by the name you said you liked for so long. The middle name Marie just sounds good together with Contessa. But for my initials it should be Holley Francis.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Joslyn has been with me since my early years on the computer, you see all the kids at school used to play a game called runescape, now I like to play as a female character in all games when possible, and there was the added benefit of strange men online looking for chicks and would give you some free stuff if you acted like a chick BONUS! hehe anyway I needed a name and what came to mind was I had a friend when younger whos name was also josh and he had a sister which you guess it her name was Joslyn and I just saw that as the perfect female version of josh and so it stuck. I've thought about some others since then though just based on what I like and girls I had crushes on, Sara, Jessica, Delanie, and Caprice, oh how I miss Caprice. But what I suggest doing is finding out the female version of your name look it up on google and see if you like it
    Last edited by Simply Joslyn; 05-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Years ago my wife helped me pick out my female name. My first name is Lee and my middle name starts with the letter A so she asked," what about Leanne?" It sounded good to me so Leanne I am. And I like green eggs and ham.

I picked Cassandra because I like the sound of the name and I think it fits me well. Just try some different names and sooner or later you'll get one that you like.

Gold Member
    You will hear people who knew from the beginning and others that had the "OMG" moment. Just let it come to you. Maybe you will hear someone call out to another and you can imagine yourself answering. Or it can be that you can see it next to a picture of you. Just sit back and let the good ole brainstorming kick in and your mind will take you there without you having to go down a list of hundred's of names.